Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Possible Team for Friday  (Read 1659 times)
Crozzer

Ignore
« on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 01:10:49 »

Aljofree is probably out for a while.  "Brain of Britain", Paynter is unavailable.  Kennedy and Morrison in the same back four is too little experience, hence Timlin to play left full back.

Brez (but he won't play, there is something else going on), so Smith

Smith

Ifil

Morrison

Timlin

JPM

Peacock

Easton

Macca

Corr

Cox

Subs: Brez, Kennedy, Sturrock (on for Corr if he isn't match fit which he won't be), Pook, Macklin

Some time after Friday, if we can get Vincent Smith, Timlin and Morrison as a settled back four there may be some hope.  That's in addition to a replacement for Brez, as it doesn't look like he will start a game for Swindon again.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 01:44:59 »

Brezovan

Smith
Ifil
Morrison
Kennedy

Timlin

JPM
Easton
Peacock
McNamee

Cox

subs: Smith, Kanyuka, Macklin, Sturrock, Corr
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 07:39:43 »

id go with dv, strong and solid with easton and peacock geting up to support cox, this system will work as long as you dont isolate cox and ifil gets covered when he has his weekly half dozen spaz attacks.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 09:34:36 »

On saturdays performance, Corr is nowhere near fit enough to start.

I would probably try a solid midfield 4 with Macca playing the fee role behind Cox.  Worth a try, fuck all else has worked so far.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 09:44:09 »

Not sure it will make too much difference which team goes out, Brisbane Road is not a happy hunting ground FFS we even managed to lose there in 68/69, and 85/86.

I think it's the easterlyness of the place, makes it feel foreign, a bit like Southend.

Dagenham and Redbridge is going to be ace next season.

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 10:06:05 »

Be tempted to maybe play a 5-4-1
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 10:13:48 »

Firstly not sure where the Vincent the messiah comes from, he's a steady trundler at best. Secondly, it was reported a few months back that he probably wouldn't play again because of the injury was very serious, so would rule him out ever coming back unless he gets a miracle
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 10:17:28 »

Firstly not sure where the Vincent the messiah comes from, he's a steady trundler at best. Secondly, it was reported a few months back that he probably wouldn't play again because of the injury was very serious, so would rule him out ever coming back unless he gets a miracle

I think it comes from being a trundler, at least gives you a modicum of professional competence...you'd have to say a lot of what we've seen this season doesn't attain even that standard.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 10:37:14 »

play a 4 -1 1/2 -2 3/4 -1 1/4- 1 1/2
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: