Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Yeovil Matchday Thread.  (Read 13783 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 23:24:22 »

Money has been one of the better names link, who are you holding out for leefer?
lambourn red

« Reply #181 on: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 23:26:49 »

Danny Wilson has experience across all 4 leagues, his teams always play attractive football , he is available and reportedly wants the job so why has he not been offered it ;time to do the right thing and not another experiment, after today  surely the board need to make an appointment first thing Monday.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 23:27:59 »

Ireally want Holloway...hes a fans man and is good for the clubs image..maybe not a great manager but could do a good job for us....if not i think Keown would have been a good shout....my gut feeling is its going to be a suit man and not tracksuit.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 23:29:20 »

Wilson was doing ok at Pool....ime amazed they got rid of him.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 23:34:20 »

Ireally want Holloway...hes a fans man and is good for the clubs image
If we really want the club's image to be a cross between the Wurzels and the Chuckle Brothers, then yeah.
lambourn red

« Reply #185 on: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 23:37:39 »

Wilson was doing ok at Pool....ime amazed they got rid of him.

He has a decent record apart from a couple of poor seasons with Wednesday and Franchise,  i remember his Barnsley side where the fans used to sing "Just like watching Brazil". I can only assume he fell out with the board at pool, I think there was some rumblimgs about not having funds in the jan window.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 23:42:17 »

And they have a big match in the cup...there fans have been treated to some really etertaining football this season.
lambourn red

« Reply #187 on: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 23:46:45 »

And they have a big match in the cup...there fans have been treated to some really etertaining football this season.

More than can be said for us no cup run and no entertainment.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 23:54:16 »

Ireally want Holloway...hes a fans man and is good for the clubs image..maybe not a great manager but could do a good job for us....if not i think Keown would have been a good shout....my gut feeling is its going to be a suit man and not tracksuit.

Holloway I'll take but there is no way Keown would be a better appointment than Money, not to mention he turned down a job at Portsmouth also not to mention the fact hes a great big dirty fucking scummer!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #189 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 03:49:27 »

Keown can fuck off, Dan summed it up with his scummer comment.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 09:02:40 »

Yeovil"couldn't cope" with Peacock?
Well they did. But his movement was too good for them at times. He got in between the centre backs a fair few times and won most of his headers too. Unfortunately he couldn't do anything with the ball when he got it. Billy and cox are our starting front 2 no question. But paynter is not as mobile and doesn't make the stop as well as peacock.
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #191 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 09:06:44 »

peacocks effort is great but he doesn,t ever look like scoreing even against the yoevil midget defence.
dell boy

« Reply #192 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 10:28:33 »

Back to the match ...

I'm starting to feel really sorry for Phil Smith, his confidence must be totally shot to bits.

What does Bryne do: If he continues to play him he and we could become nervous wrecks. If he drops him then he will not be back in the first team for a long time (injuries apart).
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 10:57:14 »

Where do I start about yesterday? We were terrible at the back and everytime we conceded our heads dropped. Luckily Yeovil were just as bad as we were at the back and that allowed us to get back to 2-2. Sadly though we went poor again and showed nothing and at the end Yeovil could have had 4 or 5. Stupid thing for me was though that we could have also had 4 or 5 if Cox had taken a few of his chances. He looks half the player he was under MM. We really need a manager now to give the players some leadership and the longer it goes on for the worse it's going to get. Sort it out Fitton!
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 13:22:31 »

Firstly, there seems to be a very rose tinted view of the atmosphere in the County Ground prior to this season. It wasnt all that great though it was certainly better than it has been this season. Then again, the results were better too. If the performances and results are as bad as yesterday, the crowd will be quiet whereever they are sitting.

Anyone know if the supporters club or the trust had any input when that ticket price review was done? I cant help thinking those nosey fuckers would of spotted the atmosphere flaw a fucking mile off if they had, so the answer is probably no Yes

We (The Trust) were shown a list of prices towards the end of last season, a couple of weeks before they were announced. We did question why there was no discount in the Town End and the answer was that they wanted to reward people who committed to a season ticket by letting them sit where they wanted rather than having to settle for where they could afford.

I think that's fair enough to be honest, and we do have cheaper tickets in the Town End if you buy on match days but most people still seem to prefer to sit in the better seats, they just want others to go in the Town End and create an atmosphere.

If you look back to before the old board jacked up the prices in 2001 or 2002 the make up of the crowd was much as it is now with the Town End being fairly empty most games. Town End tickets (including season tickets) were cheaper then. It was only when the side stands were jacked up to levels which were completely unaffordable to many people that we had the mass migration into the Town end.

What this tells you is that reducing Town End ticket prices alone will not lead to a big increase in the number of fans in that area of the ground, it will just mean those who already sit there will pay less. As long as the side stands remain reasoinably priced they will be more popular with most fans.

The only way to guarantee to move people back into the Town end is to price them out of the side stands which would be a very backward move in my view. It would reduce the crowds overall and cost the club money. Whatever you say about the atmosphere (which I agree has been dire), our average crowds are up. We still got over 7,000 yesterday despite the poor run of form. From a business point of view the season ticket initiative has been a great success, and it is from that point of view that it will be judged by the board.

Longer term, what would be a good solution would be to redevelop the Town end so that the facilities there match what people expect when they go to a football match in the 21st century. (i.e. an unobstructed view, decent leg room, etc...) Also make it unreserved seating so people can group together rather than being spread out.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: