Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Manager Latest  (Read 11722 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 19:42:47 »

Poyet is the favourite now apparently.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #106 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 19:44:26 »

Poyet is the favourite now apparently.

How many times has the favourite changed? They've only just sacked McAllister! Or were you writing about us?

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 19:46:31 »

it's going to be dowie!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 19:47:12 »

How many times has the favourite changed? They've only just sacked McAllister! Or were you writing about us?

Them.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #109 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 19:48:44 »

I don't think they'll risk Poyet.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 19:56:26 »

bit bored of reading all the posts so thought I'd partake....and post a pointless post meself

not sure why Nick Watkins would go around telling some of the staff who they now want as Manager, and this is stating the obvious but I hear that Speed is the man we're going after now....it was the classic 'don't tell anyone but' speech.....which probably means its not him

on another note, the players don't like Byrne and Nalis said (ok, so I've seen milk turn quicker than him) that training is the worst he has seen at a club in his years as a pro....no shit sherlock!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 20:36:29 »

on another note, the players don't like Byrne and Nalis said (ok, so I've seen milk turn quicker than him) that training is the worst he has seen at a club in his years as a pro....no shit sherlock!
Or put another way, plenty of the players do like Byrne but Nalis doesn't because it's really not worked for him here. Bitter dropped player in lashes out at manager/training/tea lady shock!
DMR

« Reply #112 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 20:39:59 »

The only thing I hope Nalis likes is the fucking road out, the sooner he fucks off the better.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 21:24:19 »

Nalis is mint, but not for us. It is akin to having a Rolls Royce engine in a clapped out banger.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 21:27:14 »

Nalis is mint, but not for us. It is akin to having a Rolls Royce engine in a clapped out banger.

Other way round surely? like having a Rolls Royce with a clapped out banger engine inside?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 21:58:33 »

I'm not sure whether I'm more michael or DV on this - Nalis has been my biggest disappointment this season, was really excited when we signed him but it just hasn't worked out. I don't think that's entirely the player's fault, but I suspect he needs to be playing in a more "cultured" team that could perhaps make better use of the talents I think he probably still has. But he doesn't work in our team at the moment, sadly.
inoffthered

« Reply #116 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 22:02:24 »

Spot on Pauld if Nalis plays and the game passes him by imo you need players that r going to do the dirty work around him
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 07:55:10 »

Or put another way, plenty of the players do like Byrne but Nalis doesn't because it's really not worked for him here. Bitter dropped player in lashes out at manager/training/tea lady shock!

Surely Nalis is a bit too old and experienced to be bitter about not being selected?  You'd hope so, perhaps he is just being truthful.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 08:20:33 »

Surely Nalis is a bit too old and experienced to be bitter about not being selected?  You'd hope so, perhaps he is just being truthful.

correct Jan...folk I know who chat to him say he aint billy bog bollocks and as you're no doubt aware, he even drives a Smart Car to prove it :-)....FWIW I aint rated him either but it doesn't surprise me that training is slack given our performances...good habits and all that....centre of the park is crying out for a decent ball player...it is sad to see the majority of our team don't want the ball and aint prepared to step up to the mark and be counted...

we are in the shit, and I want a new manager as much as anyone but I don't want a panic appointment being made now as the new man will turn it around and regalvanise the team...we still have 25 games left of this season and when we go and win a few games on the trot, folk will soon be talking about the play-offs...PMSL
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 08:25:41 »

Didn't Fitton say that he would like a manager in the mould of Mcallister of Leeds  when he was in the middle of the recruiting process ?

If I'm correct then perhaps this is the chance for Gary to jump straight back into managment straight after being sacked.

Although I suppose he will have to agree a pay off with leeds before he takes another job, and knowing Bates he'll delay as long as he can.....

Oh well let's get Pardew instead
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: