Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Expects...  (Read 1833 times)
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 22:21:31 »

AT all times in the process we have remained focused on one clear set of criteria - we want someone who is genuinely passionate about being the manager of Swindon Town.

This is not a role for somebody who is looking for just another club to get back into football management - and there are lots of those people around.

It would have been easy to have brought any of those candidates in five weeks ago, but we didn’t want to go there.

Whoever we appoint is coming to this club to help us achieve a three to five year objective, which is to be in the Championship and to stay in the Championship.

I don’t want someone that will put their head above the parapet the minute a vacancy emerges, at a Blackburn or a Sunderland, or a Hartlepool.

I cannot totally mitigate that happening, but I want as best as possible to avoid it.

We have dispensed with the ‘wow’ factor - we have spoken to some fabulous people, but they have been dispensed with either because their clubs wanted to hold onto them or it just hasn’t been right because they have not necessarily seen it as a three to five year appointment.

The board want someone who can inspire, motivate, communicate and provide structure and discipline to the playing squad, as well as being an absolutely top class coach.

We believe we have a squad capable of achieving many great things, they just need to be galvanised, directed and disciplined.

It doesn’t take a genius to identify there is a little bit of ill-discipline at the moment, and that creeps out onto the field - and we are losing or drawing games when we should be burying teams.

I want them to make training hard, for the players to put the yards in, and I want them to enjoy playing for Swindon on a Saturday afternoon.

Brought to you courtesy of the Copy & Paste Media Corporation Wink
http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/3985856._What_we_expect_of_new_boss___Watkins/
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 22:26:50 by triseros » Logged
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 22:23:34 »

fair fucking play
Rich Pullen

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 22:26:29 »

Textbook way to introduce a manager like Hockaday (or whoever)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 22:26:59 »

Sounds like much of the same reasoning used for appointing malpas

Things get better but they never get good
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 22:28:31 »

A 'Hartlepool'? Fuck off.

Otherwise, sound logic.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 22:32:46 »

Hockaday it is then.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 22:35:10 »

Yes i read that before MM was appointed also....can remember Sturrock saying Swindon could be as big as Leeds.....but it seems all the boards weve had since the fifties have had a five year plan,the few exceptions when theyve shown ambition have paid dividends,ie Hoddle and Macari,Hoddle wasnt here long but he was a massive success...ide rather have a manager move on after success than take a gamble like we did with MM....i fear we will be getting another manager whos unproven...good luck to him cos hes going to need it.
Its obvious Fitton and Co are doing good things but the Town is still very Lethargic,even a half good name would have woken it up....i fear it will be fast asleep after tomorows announcement.
kaufman

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 22:36:49 »

A 'Hartlepool'? Fuck off.

Otherwise, sound logic.
unless that was put in after someone pulled out after the hartlepool job came up?
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 22:38:55 »

Dickie Dosh Please! Smiley
glos_robin

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 22:44:23 »

I really hope it is Money, if Hockaday was to get the job it would be carnage on the messageboards and it would just get labelled as the cheap option by many.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 22:48:30 »

I really hope it is Money, if Hockaday was to get the job it would be carnage on the messageboards and it would just get labelled as the cheap option by many.

Will you partake in the carnage. One thing is for sure, when the new guy takes over he'll get my 100% support and this long month will be history.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 22:51:06 »

I must admit, I'd quite happilly take someone who was ambitious and fucked off for a better offer. It would prove they were succesful plus we'd get compo - not unlike having a decent player. All managers and players are just passing thruogh anyway.
glos_robin

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 22:58:38 »

Will you partake in the carnage. One thing is for sure, when the new guy takes over he'll get my 100% support and this long month will be history.
I'd support Hockaday but I would admit to feeling a bit disappointed as I would like someone who has at the very least got some kind of track record managing at this level. Money would seem a sensible appointment to me but then what do I know, not alot really.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 01:42:04 »

Don't get it, aside from Money it's been "retreads".  I don't think C.C. would have been a good choice.

I really hope it's going to be DH.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: