Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A dusty bin clue to the new manager...  (Read 6573 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 11:41:49 »

If Colin Calderwood is indeed "the man"....

Isn't it kind of embarressing being a struggling Championship club and losing their manager to a struggling League One outfit? Regardless of history.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 11:42:45 »

If Colin Calderwood is indeed "the man"....

Isn't it kind of embarressing being a struggling Championship club and losing their manager to a struggling League One outfit? Regardless of history.

Not if they were in the process of consigning him to the (dusty) bin anyway.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 11:42:54 »

I hope it will be a nice bump to the ground for Forest fans if true - not such a "huge club" after all.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 11:46:11 »

Not if they were in the process of consigning him to the (dusty) bin anyway.

True.

Nigel Doughty has stood by Colin Calderwood for some time... He didn't sack him when it was the popular, yet indeed expensive, option (many wanted CC out after the Yeovil play-offs loss) it's understandable to want money.
Red Dog

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 15:48:29 »

I hope it will be a nice bump to the ground for Forest fans if true - not such a "huge club" after all.

Forest fan in peace.

Some of your lads been over on our forum,  http://www.forestforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=30254.180  Mr Calderwood will not be leaving in the immediate future.
This is a fact.
Not such a huge Club, but still a quality one. Interested to read on here that "all Forest fans" were calling for his head on Sat. The camp is divided, with the sensible ones still believing he will turn it around. Continuity, I feel is what our Chairman is after.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 16:17:32 »

Forest fan in peace.

Some of your lads been over on our forum,  http://www.forestforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=30254.180  Mr Calderwood will not be leaving in the immediate future.
This is a fact.
Not such a huge Club, but still a quality one. Interested to read on here that "all Forest fans" were calling for his head on Sat. The camp is divided, with the sensible ones still believing he will turn it around. Continuity, I feel is what our Chairman is after.

Ban Them  please.

Only kidding, nice of you to pop over red-dawg, just to humour me/us, let's say you've got it wrong and CC was to come to our CG, what do you think of his style of management/football? 
Red Dog

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 16:56:29 »

I think, like most rational fans, I'm concerned about our position but not so much about the way we play.
I cannot think of anyone who I would welcome with open arms to replace him, so on balance I guess I would be disappointed if he left.
Incidentally he comes across as a really nice bloke, irrespective of anything else.

That do?  Grin
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 17:02:28 »

Yeah that's good enough RD!  Cheers fella.
Lumps

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 18:28:52 »

If we're that desperate for CC, then i say we wait until they sack him, let them pay compo then get him for free. That's the best way if they wanna be cunts about it. Although i'm of course forgetting that they're far more deluded than most clubs, Leeds included, and remembering their premiership quality, really should be pushing clubs like us around.

Trouble is then you can end up with the situation where the terms of the pay-off restrict taking another league job within a certain time frame (how Peter Taylor ended up at Stevenage). Then there still ends up being a negotiation with Forest but without Swindon having to be around the table.

Better to get it sorted up front if you ask me.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 18:30:54 »

Isn't it also true that CC is on a rolling contract at Forest?

Meaning all this talk of huge amounts of compensation being the stumbling block, is a load of bollocks?

It's All Good..............
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 19:24:05 »

Aye a one year rolling contract according to the experts at google.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 22:00:09 »

Clearly we won't be able to steal him if Forest want to keep him. I thought his sacking was an inevitability hence we had a chance, but maybe not given the above.
Red Dog

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 10:08:07 »

http://thisisnottinghamforest.co.uk/news/Calderwood-given-green-light-for-new-signings.aspx

Sorry for the long link.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 10:14:39 »

Thisis.... probably as good a source of info and standard of journalism as our thisis site! 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: