Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I just put £50 on...  (Read 7507 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 15:56:07 »

So ,far we've had about 5 'definate' new managers. I've jumped the gun a few times and got excited about names, only to realise after a couple of days that the media are about as accurate as the forums.

Whoever it is, Money, Calderwood, Speed, Dowie, Holoway, Ward, Cotterill, Poyet, etc, etc, I hope this week sees an end to it all.

At the moment, I just want an appointment......

It's All Good..............
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 15:57:51 »

So ,far we've had about 5 'definate' new managers. I've jumped the gun a few times and got excited about names, only to realise after a couple of days that the media are about as accurate as the forums.

Whoever it is, Money, Calderwood, Speed, Dowie, Holoway, Ward, Cotterill, Poyet, etc, etc, I hope this week sees an end to it all.

At the moment, I just want an appointment......

2.30 on Wednesday?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 16:07:15 »

2.30 on Wednesday?

God I hope so!

It's All Good..............
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 16:08:37 »

Gary Speed would just be a Welsh version of Maurice Malpas. I really hope he isnt our new manager.
migzy

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 16:12:58 »

Danny Wilson has just resigned at Hartlepool....
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 16:15:37 »

that was posted the EXACT same second I posted it in the other thread
migzy

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 16:16:57 »

that was posted the EXACT same second I posted it in the other thread

It probably deserves its own topic. Completely out of the blue - presumably has a job lined up somewhere.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 16:17:56 »

I agree Speed would need a number 2, but I would have thought he'd want his own man, like anyone would. Any sensible manager  would want someone they trust - no manager in their right mind would agree to the job without the choice of bringing in their own team of sorts, why would they?

Another thiong we have to consider is that the compensation Fitton talks of might not just be confined to the new manager, but also their no.2 as well. Look at Luggy's appointment, his cronies were working and all three had to be paid for.

If Calderwood hasn't come yet, it would suggest Forest want to keep him. Unless they're hanging on for some compo, which would  ease the burden on bringing in their next manager. I think the reason we all thought it was him was because he seemed close to the sack and Fitton had spoken to Hoddle.

As for Money,I couldn't see there being much of a delay given the contract details involving him taking a manager's job revealed on here earlier (if true). That and the carnage at St James Park, if I was Money I would feel quite uncertain given  the talk of a new boss or possible takeover, but I'm sure he'd be here already. I think the adver took a punt on him and got it wrong. I don't think it's Money at all. Unless somebody else says no and he's second choice..

Whatever way you look at it, every option has details that conflict with things that have been by the board/bookies/fans/local press.

My top 2 two would still be Steve Cotterill or Peter Taylor. The first has been ruled out and the second has never really been a front runner according to anyone, although the compo delay could explain his situation, wycombe would be loathe to see him go.

So who else would that leave if not Money, Calderwood and Speed? Danny Wilson? He fits the description to a tee, but if he's resigned then he wouldn't involve any compo. I'd like tho think we'd set our sights higher than him anyway, but then IMO any of these candidates would be better than what we had at the start of the season, so we're not really in a losing position. The only downer of the whole thing is that the manager will be under pressure from day one, as a result of our lowly position.

Whoever gets the job will get my support. None of us will ever agree on the perfect manager, so not everyone is going to like whoever's appointed.

Either way we do need a manager and quick. It seems to me as though the players know it's not going to be Byrne and subsequently he's not having the same impact he had a few weeks back. I'm all for taking the time to get the right man, but we have to take our slump into consideration - we do actually need a manager and fast.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 16:31:00 »

sorry, that was a long reply!
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 16:47:25 »

Oh Cock!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 16:50:45 »

Oh Cock!
That's a new name in the frame - Lee Peacock!
Sussex

« Reply #56 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 17:05:55 »

sorry, that was a long reply!

You journos don't half waffle on at times  Wink
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 17:09:01 »

he he.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 10:13:41 »

This bet has more twists and turns than a twisty turny thing...  and I don't believe I will be throwing this betting slip away before Friday
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 10:16:05 by triseros » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: