Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I just put £50 on...  (Read 7565 times)
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 14:03:57 »

I'd be happy with Speed with an experienced No 2 alongside him, although wouldn't the appointment of Speed go against Fitton's criteria of what he was looking for in a manager (i.e. experienced) ?

I'd also be surprised if Fitton has had permission to speak to Calderwood, he is already a manager trying to save a team from relegation, I don't know that many teams would give permission to their manager to speak to another club about a job while he is in a job at a higher level.

I think this proves that absolotely nobody other than the board know who are the 3 names on the shortlist - personally as long as he is here by the weekend I don't care but we desperately need a new man in place.

Calderwood was definately interviewed which intimates that we have been given permission to speak to him - the reason they would do that is because it would save Forest a fair bit in Compensation as they would not need to sack him... They're happy, we're happy, Calderwoods happy...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 14:30:11 »

I think this proves that absolotely nobody other than the board know who are the 3 names on the shortlist - personally as long as he is here by the weekend I don't care but we desperately need a new man in place.
What p2p said.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 14:30:27 »

Will CC be the first ever manager to be released by mutual happiness? I'd be happy too, £10 @ 12/1 = nice Christmas present for the Mrs (well nicer that it was going to be!).

But I remain unconvinced he'd be the man for the job.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 14:38:02 »

£30 at 7/1 on CC.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #34 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 14:59:01 »

Will CC be the first ever manager to be released by mutual happiness? I'd be happy too, £10 @ 12/1 = nice Christmas present for the Mrs (well nicer that it was going to be!).

But I remain unconvinced he'd be the man for the job.

You soft sod - £120 = beer
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 15:05:30 »

From everything that's happened over the weekend I think it's Speed, which would excite me more than Money, although it would be a bigger risk.

If it was down to Calderwood and Money, I'd take either, although I would feel slightly underwhelmed given the excitement created by all the names branded about.

Whoever it is, I'm interviewing them for the programme on wednesday. So I should find out soon, assuming he joins before the  deadline...

Not sure I'm too fussed re: Byrne, I know he's been loyal and loves the club etc, but I don't know what he brings to the table when it comes to the first team. I know he can spot a player, but I'd like to think our new manager could also do that?
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 15:07:26 »

I know he can spot a player, but I'd like to think our new manager could also do that?

Difficult to tell, if it's Speed.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 15:08:51 »

he'd know a shed load of people though.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 15:14:36 »

but someone on here earlier was right, Speed wouldn't fit Fitton's description.

I'd be very surprised if we'd talked to calderwood, given that he's involved in a relegation scrap, and like Paul said, if it was Money he'd be here by now.

Literally not a clue.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 15:18:04 »

And Speed would have the contacts throughout the game and probably appoint his own No 2, but isn't it down to our network of scouts to find these players and recomend them, after all isn't that what they pick up money for ?

Speed would be a big risk though.

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 15:18:19 »

From all the press reports today it's would seem that Speed was the No.1 choice but Sheff Utd wanted some considerable compensation. Whether that means Fitton's given up on Speed and gone for Money or Calderwood instead remains to be seen.
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 15:25:54 »

I think most of the players are already on speed
 Cheesy

When you're smiling.........
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 15:32:14 »

agreed, scouts are there to recommend players but a good manager knows every player in every league anyway. Redknapp are ferguson could tell you every player in every club in England, and Andy King was the same here. Luggy was another, he knew what type of player he wanted and knew where to get them.

I would expect our new man to come in and know premiership potential loanees, as well as available players at this level and below. Money, I'm guessing would, calderwood ,too. Speed maybe not, there's just something about him that would excite me. Not in that way, obviously. Not yet anyway!
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 15:40:30 »

but someone on here earlier was right, Speed wouldn't fit Fitton's description.

I'd be very surprised if we'd talked to calderwood, given that he's involved in a relegation scrap, and like Paul said, if it was Money he'd be here by now.

Literally not a clue.

It was something Fitton said a while back about getting in someone like McAllister at Leeds, who he could be sure would be given time by the supporters to get things right, that convinced me Calderwood was in the running at that point. I don't know whether he still is, but I do hope so...
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 15:48:45 »

I agree that Speed (has he done his coaching badges ?) has the potential but I would reiterate he does need a no 2 with him that knows lower league football and he knows he can trust, Byrne would be an unknown to him, as with Speed having never played or managed at this level then it may take him time to sort his tactics so he needs someone he can rely on...a manager is only as good as his coaching staff

Speed would more than likely get bums on seats as well - and perhaps all the Mongs on thisis will be happy with him as he is a 'big name'.

Time is not on the new man's side though with games coming thick and fast over the crimbo period, although with no game on Jan 3 it will give him tme to get to know player personality's on the traning ground and do a good bit of coaching with him.

Although with Fitton now departed for the US, it does make you wonder if it has been put on hold until his return...

Is he injured as I see he has not been in Sheff Utd team for a few weeks ?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: