Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Crewe Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 31553 times)
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 19:53:17 »

My summary is as follows:

Crewe are cack.

We are cacker.
glos_robin

« Reply #211 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 19:55:33 »

Just got back and to say we were embarrassing is an understatement, second half especially Kennedy and Cox apart there seemed to be a complete lack of passion. Paynter deserved his red card it was a stupid thing to do but to be fair even with him on the pitch I don't think we'd of scored. People were singing (our own fans) things like 'we'll be coming back next year' during the game so many almost seem to be consigning us to relegation already and unfortunately based on today you can't really argue with them.
Smith again needs to take a large slice of the blame for the goal, he should of either try to hold the shot or parry it out of the danger area but instead he just palmed it straight to their players feet. The defenders should take some of the blame also for not anticipating the rebound but I don't see what more it has to take for him to be dropped or taken out of the firing line. He's even starting to punch chest height balls rather than catching them which is a concern, I don't see what good it is doing to him or the team by continuing to start him. Either start Brez or make sure we have a new keeper lined up for January should be one of the new mans priorities.

And JPC I'm sorry 'Dave' might give Macklin a chance if he is still in charge but I couldn't care less, things have sank back to as they were and things are as bad now if not worst than when Malpas was here and we need a new manager ASAP and the rest of the coaching staff are evidently not up to the job either so hopefully new faces are brought in. No passion, no tactics and still giving away stupid goals....

On a lighter not there was a chant of Sheena Eastons red and white army though.
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 19:57:46 by glos_robin » Logged
JPC82

« Reply #212 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 19:59:19 »

Just got back and to say we were embarrassing is an understatement, second half especially Kennedy and Cox apart there seemed to be a complete lack of passion. Paynter deserved his red card it was a stupid thing to do but to be fair even with him on the pitch I don't think we'd of scored. People were singing (our own fans) things like 'we'll be coming back next year' during the game so many almost seem to be consigning us to relegation already and unfortunately based on today you can't really argue with them.
Smith again needs to take a large slice of the blame for the goal, he should of either try to hold the shot or parry it out of the danger area but instead he just palmed it straight to their players feet. The defenders should take some of the blame also for not anticipating the rebound but I don't see what more it has to take for him to be dropped or taken out of the firing line. He's even starting to punch chest height balls rather than catching them which is a concern, I don't see what good it is doing to him or the team by continuing to start him. Either start Brez or make sure we have a new keeper lined up for January should be one of the new mans priorities.

And JPC I'm sorry 'Dave' might give Macklin a chance if he is still in charge but I couldn't care less, things have sank back to as they were and things are as bad now if not worst than when Malpas was here and we need a new manager ASAP and the rest of the coaching staff are evidently not up to the job either so hopefully new faces are brought in. No passion, no tactics and still giving away stupid goals....

i didnt post about lloyd being involved soon to make u care more glos u tit, its fact!
Dave wont be in charge for the next game, but if hes still has a role then he will be pushing the new manager to involve lloyd
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:00:22 »

It was shit.

Crewe are the worst supported team ever. FACT!

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:01:13 »

can someone tell us who the winner of the grant smith arguement was please
JPC82

« Reply #215 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:02:28 »

can someone tell us who the winner of the grant smith arguement was please

haha glos still hates me for proving he was wrong Smiley
glos_robin

« Reply #216 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:04:18 »

Fair enough personally I hope him and the current first team coaches have no further involvement with the first team as even with Malpas gone its the same old shit every week which shows there was more of a problem than just Malpas. Crewe hadn't won a league game since September just to put things into perspective.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:04:49 »

I tried starting it twice, didn't  really take off.
glos_robin

« Reply #218 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:05:04 »

It was shit.

Crewe are the worst supported team ever. FACT!

I did like the empty seat chant, probably the highlight of the game
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:05:24 »

People were singing (our own fans) things like 'we'll be coming back next year' during the game

It's called irony.
JPC82

« Reply #220 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:07:08 »

Fair enough personally I hope him and the current first team coaches have no further involvement with the first team as even with Malpas gone its the same old shit every week which shows there was more of a problem than just Malpas. Crewe hadn't won a league game since September just to put things into perspective.

Dave has done good for this club, not as 1st team boss hes clearly not ready for that, hes brought in the 3 Plymouth boys, Tozer sold for a £1m, Sean is wanted by a host of prem clubs and Joycey has come in and scored for the 1st team, hes brought through Callum, Lloyd will be next, and got us further in the youth cup we have ever been since Don Rogers played in it!!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:08:35 »

It's called irony.

Yeah, there is no chance Crewe will stay up...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:08:47 »

And there will be plenty of empty seats v Yeovil next Saturday....bring a friend for a fiver for season tickets i believe.
glos_robin

« Reply #223 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:10:51 »

Dave has done good for this club, not as 1st team boss hes clearly not ready for that, hes brought in the 3 Plymouth boys, Tozer sold for a £1m, Sean is wanted by a host of prem clubs and Joycey has come in and scored for the 1st team, hes brought through Callum, Lloyd will be next, and got us further in the youth cup we have ever been since Don Rogers played in it!!
I've got no problem with him going back to the youths or as a scout I just think we need a complete overhaul of the whole 1st team coaching set-up. It's gone stale and lacking ideas when Iffy was in charge and had the likes of Reeves acting as coaches.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #224 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:11:18 »

David Byrne's 2nd stint as Caretaker boss will be remembered as a collection of missed opportunities.

2-2 Leicester City, spirited comeback we should have built on the enthusiasm afterwards.
2-2 Bristol Rovers, last gasp equaliser by Gas - draw considered a fair result.
2-2 Peterborough, last gasp "wonder" goal from 'boro.
1-2 Walsall, I'm told we were the worst of a bad bunch.
1-1 Carlisle, late equaliser again, at home to a poor travelling team
0-1 Crewe, lose to the worst team in the division.

Sadly, 4 points from 18 is awful, especially when we lost most of those points late on.

It will probably sound ridiculous but I take heart from the fact that we're not getting tonked every week - get the right guy in and I'm sure he'll be able to work with them (obviously bringing a couple and getting rid of a few aswell).

Byrne is an adequate coach, he's not a leader though. If it's Money then I have no doubts that the likes of Macklin will appear sooner or later with or without Byrne.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: