Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: back four against crewe....  (Read 3210 times)
STFCere

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 19:48:24 »

has already been announced....nice one byrne u twat so crewe now have 3 days to prepare for our defence. he did the same for the carlisle game..im no manager but surely announcing part of your team 4 days in advance is a bit of stupid thing to do.

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 19:48:57 »

The OS says the whole line-up will be unchanged.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 19:50:47 »

Doesn't make any difference as they would've prepared by watching our last game anyway. Timlin is the only contender for the back four. If we can't beat or at least draw against a team with 9 points then things are reeeeeeally bad.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 19:52:03 »

The OS says the whole line-up will remain the same, but I'm wondering if that's miswritten as there is no direct quote to back it up. Judging from what I've heard about Saturday, I reckon it'd be worth keeping the same back 4 and chucking Timlin back into centre mid to shore it up a bit
JPC82

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 19:52:17 »

dave only said same backline so timlin could still replace pooky
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 19:53:19 »

but why announce it?? its like shooting urself in the foot. of course tell the players they r playing but dont announce to the public until the last minute so crewe has as lil time as poss to prepare. shouts of amateurism i cant wait until stfc get a professional decent manager in who knows wot he is doing

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
JPC82

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 19:54:25 »

as soon as the players know i announce it anyway Smiley
dell boy

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 19:56:15 »

dave only said same backline so timlin could still replace pooky
Would find it hard to believe if Timlin was left out.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 19:58:23 »

Given our consistent selection in seasons like 89/90 and 92/93 and even 95/96, teams must have really had the edge on us knowing with a high degree of certainty who they'd be playing.

Teams have also clearly got the edge over Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 20:00:00 »

No one complained when they announced that Kennedy and Ifil were starting last week. Why complain now?

To be honest me thinks this is complaining for the sake of it.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 20:36:19 »

but why announce it?? its like shooting urself in the foot. of course tell the players they r playing but dont announce to the public until the last minute so crewe has as lil time as poss to prepare. shouts of amateurism i cant wait until stfc get a professional decent manager in who knows wot he is doing

How will us announcing our back 4 change Crewe's game plan and how they approach the game?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 20:40:36 »

No one complained when they announced that Kennedy and Ifil were starting last week. Why complain now?

To be honest me thinks this is complaining for the sake of it.

It's a chance to have another dig at Byrne.
fatbury

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 20:44:26 »

as well as Kennedy did on Saturday .. id like Timlin back there for Crewe game .. he isnt much cop in midfield but is very solid at left back .. too much too soon for young Callum

and does this mean another game in charge for Byrne?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 20:49:24 »

and does this mean another game in charge for Byrne?

Probably, although it could be one of those occasions where the new guy doesn't start work until Monday.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 21:14:37 »

Gives the back 4 a week to work together. Now i don't like byrne but wont moan at the bloke for trying to fix what is obviously broke
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: