Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Attendence short fall this year  (Read 5063 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2005, 13:14:37 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Nor the Sheff Wednesday....next season it may well be us getting the international call ups :shock:

for who exactly?!?!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2005, 13:34:12 »

Get your heads out of the clouds,we've been in in or just off the play off all of this season bar the last 2-3 weeks.Yes the Bristol and Wednesday games had an effect but check out the attendence year for year on for all the other teams.

the attendence are down primarily because of prices

and partly because of King (who I support)

AND IF 1 MORE OF YOU THICK CUNTS SAYS ITS GOT SOMETHING TO DO WITH AWAY SUPPORT IM GOING TO GET SONIC YOUTH TO FUCKING BAN YOU!!!

Wink

/
W56196272
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2005, 13:51:06 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Get your heads out of the clouds,we've been in in or just off the play off all of this season bar the last 2-3 weeks.Yes the Bristol and Wednesday games had an effect but check out the attendence year for year on for all the other teams.

AND IF 1 MORE OF YOU THICK CUNTS SAYS ITS GOT SOMETHING TO DO WITH AWAY SUPPORT IM GOING TO GET SONIC YOUTH TO FUCKING BAN YOU!!!

Wink

Even the most basic of observations would tell you that last season the TE was more or less full for a number of matches at 15....and this season it hasn't been also at 15......how come the missing hundreds were deterred?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2005, 13:55:14 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Nor the Sheff Wednesday....next season it may well be us getting the international call ups :shock:

for who exactly?!?!

Fallon...... NZ
 Shakes....Trinidad and Tobago
 Roberts....Wales.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2005, 14:51:00 »

Sorry can't agree, if you look at last years attendances they rose sharply when we were established in the playoffs towards the end of the season, this year we've only been in the playoffs for one home game and only just. It makes a huge difference.

Two years ago attendances were even lower despite lower prices.
Barry Potter

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2005, 15:42:52 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"

Sorry can't agree, if you look at last years attendances they rose sharply when we were established in the playoffs towards the end of the season, this year we've only been in the playoffs for one home game and only just. It makes a huge difference.

Ignoring the 2nd half of the season, the trust also did a comparison earlier on in the season and the general trend was that gates were down by a significant amount (around a 1000) in like for like games on the early months of the previous season. Now as you kept telling us every week we were doing pretty much identically in the league as the season before yet the gates were way down.   :roll:
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2005, 15:45:16 »

Quote from: "DV85"

for who exactly?!?!

Fallon...... NZ
 Shakes....Trinidad and Tobago
 Roberts....Wales.

One them doesnt even play for us yet...

Roberts is shit and isnt even good enough for Wales!!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2005, 15:54:42 »

Roberts has been in the Welsh squad before....they're not exactly over endowed with talent....a return to form and he will be back in the squad.

Shakes more or less looks a done deal.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2005, 18:22:44 »

Quote from: "Barry Potter"
Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"

Ignoring the 2nd half of the season, the trust also did a comparison earlier on in the season and the general trend was that gates were down by a significant amount (around a 1000) in like for like games on the early months of the previous season. Now as you kept telling us every week we were doing pretty much identically in the league as the season before yet the gates were way down.   :roll:

But we were also in the playoffs at the start of last season and when we dropped out gates did drop 5,300 port vale, 5,600 wycombe, compared with 6,700 and 6,300 for the games at the same stage this year, then qpr and plymouth brought a lot of fans and were big games as they were in the top two so that helped to keep the average up as well as brighton at new year  but it was only in 2004 when gates never dropped below 6,000 as we went on an exceptional run and were playing good football.

Yes the ticket prices are a factor but they are definitely not the main factor.
DMR

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2005, 18:26:48 »

I don't think the ticket prices made too much difference it's just another moan for the stayaway's to use
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2005, 20:25:04 »

I decided to look through the attendences for the last 5 years to prove Ben wah wrong.Unfortunately they actually seem to have proved him right.

2004-2005 Finished 12th (current ticket price)

Blackpool        5526
Peterborough 5777
Port Vale        4724
Brentford        6875
Bristol City      6977

2003-2004 Finished 5th(current ticket prices)

Blackpool        6219
Peterborough 6767
Port Vale        5313
Brentford        7649
Bristol City      14540

2002-2003 Finished 10th(before price rise)

Blackpool        4787
Peterborough 4709
Port Vale        5529
Brentford        6045
Bristol City      8629

2001-2002 Finished 13th

Blackpool        5085
Peterborough 7934
Port Vale        5867
Brentford        5519
Bristol City      7273

2000-2001 Finished 20th

Blackpool        n/a
Peterborough 8145
Port Vale        5175
Brentford        n/a
Bristol City      10031

The attendences obviously depend on what day and how important the game is i.e the Peterborough 8145 in 2001 and the City 14540( a lovely Sunny Sunday wasnt it?)

The best comparson to this season I guess would be the 2002-2003 season  and the attendences are lower then than they are this year in most cases .It seems to average out in general over all years with last year being the best attended from them all.The only conclusion you can take from this is that league position and how well we are doing IS the main factor in attendences and that I WAS WRONG AND BEN WAS RIGHT

/
W56196272
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 01:38:31 »

More figures to back up Ben-

04/05  overall attendence 127235  league position 12th not many local teams

03/04 overall attendence 169713 league position 5th  Plymouth/Qpr/Bristol City/Bournemouth/Luton/Brentford

02/03 overall attendence 125716 league position 10th Bristol city/Qpr/cardiff/plymouth/luton/brentford/cheltenham

01/02 overall attendence 146318 league position 13th reading /cardiff/bristol city/qpr/bournemouth

00/01 overall attendence 142106 league position 20th Oxfor/bristol rovers/brentford/bristol city/bournemouth/reading/milwall

/
W56196272
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 01:43:05 »

Cheesy  I knew it.

BTW, I'm not just disagreeing for the sake of it or to defend the board, I don't think the board made the right choice putting up the ticket prices last year and their pricing policies do need to change. I just don't think it's a good idea to assume that decreasing the ticket prices alone will lead to much higher attendances/revenues.

It's a complex issue and I don't think theres really an answer that's going to please everyone and be best for the club. Though it'd be great if someone found one.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 01:45:24 »

I think you're right.

/
W56196272
Dazzza

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 01:48:29 »

Think you have to take into account pre-season for each of those years.  They all varied from wildly optomistic times to being down in the doldrums.

Take last summer.  Euro's hangover, Mooney and Devlin departed not to be replaced, stadium fiasco and to cap it all off the Bradley Orr transfer blocked.

In comparison the summer before saw a lot of new faces, several high profile moves and a genuine optomisim about the place.

02/03 King's first full season back and administration.

01/02 Roy "the gent" Evans and hope of a fresh start.

00/01 Bradey's promise of major cash and new stadium.

Not major factors I admit but all play a part in if the casual support are going to follow the club over the coming season or be indifferent.

Results will always play the major part but unless we see some success next season I think the figures are going to start reflecting much more of a comparable downturn.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: