Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colin Calderwood  (Read 34632 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 12:26:35 »

I keep saying, its Keith Curle.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 12:30:08 »

But the in employment bit does rule out a fair number
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 12:31:07 »

I keep saying, its Keith Curle.

Brilliant, thats the kind of character I'm thinking of.... and dreading.... Alan McDonald? Managing in Ireland so compo would be needed...
tans

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 12:36:29 »

But the in employment bit does rule out a fair number

Its a smoke screen, its a hard job negotiating with the job centre
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #229 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 12:53:38 »

hmmmm....Money is flattered with link in todays Cronicle but likes Newcastle so..... CC it is???

NEWCASTLE United Academy director Richard Money says he is “flattered” to be linked with the vacant management post at League One side Swindon Town.

The former Walsall and Scunthorpe boss has done wonders for the Toon’s youth system this season, and the United kids are currently on a great unbeaten run in league and cup.

Money was also in charge of the second string at Brunton Park yesterday when he guided the second string to a 6-1 win in Cumbria.

But Money is believed to be on the Robins’ shortlist for a new boss after the exit of Maurice Malpas at the County Ground.

He told the Chronicle: “Rumours are rumours until they become fact, and that’s all they are at the minute.

“It’s flattering to be linked with other jobs, but I’m very happy here.

“I’m enjoying the role, and we’ll see what happens.”

Money arrived on Tyneside in the summer and has improved the youth set-up at United.

Goals from Andy Carroll (3), Jonny Godsmark, Kazenga LuaLua and Samuel Ameobi provided a resounding win at Brunton Park yesterday.

Money – who handed out a half-time roasting to his side – said: “To be honest, I thought we were shocking in the first half.

“We didn’t play with any urgency or tempo, and that’s not been us, certainly since I’ve been at the club.

“We had quite a bit to say to them at half-time, as you can imagine, and they responded well and played proper football in the second half.

“We got the rewards with some very good goals.”

United have offered Shola Ameobi a new deal this week, but his younger brother Samuel has also been in good form for the second string this term and added his third goal of the Central League Cup campaign yesterday.

Money said: “I thought Sammy was excellent. We’re trying to nurture him and give him the right amount of time, but it looks like he’s got a very good future. I thought Ferguson was excellent as well.

“We scored six, but we probably could have had 10.

“In the first half we weren’t stringing any passes together, and it was coming deeper and deeper. We just said to them at half-time ‘play higher up the pitch, and get some good deliveries’.

“Andy Carroll was a handful, and again, he could be anything.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/12/18/swindon-town-rumours-flatter-richard-money-72703-22504609/
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 12:56:32 »

“Rumours are rumours until they become fact, and that’s all they are at the minute."

Alternatively that is similar to Sturrocks "I don't comment on speculation"  just before he joined Plymouth.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #231 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 12:58:46 »

well true. But think he has gone ahead and said he likes it there and all that but then again he isn't going to say he hates it so we have 2 new stories against becoming manager b ut only quote from Money.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 13:03:32 »

Money – who handed out a half-time roasting to his side

Do we really want a manager who gives the players a roasting at half time wouldn't just ateam talk do?

If you believe that quote he hasn't even been interviewed, only linked to the job!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 13:07:20 »

theres a bit in the latest adver article
"We’ve gone for someone who’s got experience of working in the Championship, of working in League One, possibly had experience in League Two, and maybe as an added bonus working in the Premiership, not necessarily in a managerial capacity. "

the last bit makes me think money, but then i dont think he's dont anything with a championship side
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 13:08:24 »

It's Ron Topp. Definitely.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 13:09:26 »

Fucking hell how many ameobis are there?

Ive counted 3 so far
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 13:17:22 »

It's Ron Topp. Definitely.

Now that would be funny
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 13:20:50 »

theres a bit in the latest adver article
"We’ve gone for someone who’s got experience of working in the Championship, of working in League One, possibly had experience in League Two, and maybe as an added bonus working in the Premiership, not necessarily in a managerial capacity. "

the last bit makes me think money, but then i dont think he's dont anything with a championship side

That quote says Calderwood to me. Managed Forest in CC and L1, Northampton in L2 and played in the Premiership.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 13:23:42 »

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/3988055.BREAKING_NEWS__Money__flattered__by_Town_interest/

people are saying CC is ruled out of the job? where has that come from

Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 13:26:04 »

Oh bloody hell.  The plot thickens
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: