Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: January Transfer Targets  (Read 5210 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #30 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 21:45:37 »

Bradley Orr is fishing for the Premiership, not League One. Plus he's a City convict.
Maguire11

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 21:54:10 »

Bradley Orr is fishing for the Premiership, not League One. Plus he's a City convict.

fair shout
but could be worth a shot at!

Swindon Town League 2 Champions - 2012
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 22:51:22 »

Wouldnt happen, whole reason he is on the transfer list is beacuse he wants more money at shitty.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 08:31:59 »

Byrne has been told that he can identify and negotiate for 2 players for January.

1 defender and 1 midfielder both have premiership experience apparently.

I'm assuming it will be a left back and central midfielder
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 08:37:25 »

Why is Byrne getting to choose players?Surely that should be up to the new manager.

Still guess he can't do much worse than Malpas.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
fatbury

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 08:39:18 »

Because for some reason Fitton is keeping Byrne on as Number 2 ....
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 08:42:45 »

And you Know that how fatbart
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 08:43:27 »

Why is Byrne getting to choose players?Surely that should be up to the new manager.

Still guess he can't do much worse than Malpas.

I don't think Malpas had any premiership experience, and probably wouldn't want to come back as a player especially as it's been a while since he played at left back.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 08:46:52 »

Byrne has been told that he can identify and negotiate for 2 players for January.

1 defender and 1 midfielder both have premiership experience apparently.

I'm assuming it will be a left back and central midfielder

I think it's pretty safe to say that Bryne will be after Graham Kavanagh if at all possible.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 08:53:49 »

I think we should be starting to give some of the young kids some first team/reserve appearances. This Macklin who is supposed to be shit hot, has he even played for the ressies yet? Macca is too inconsistent at left wing, how about we see how Macklin does?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 09:39:07 »

I think it's pretty safe to say that Bryne will be after Graham Kavanagh if at all possible.

I'd imagine so! When does his current loan expire?

I think we should be starting to give some of the young kids some first team/reserve appearances. This Macklin who is supposed to be shit hot, has he even played for the ressies yet? Macca is too inconsistent at left wing, how about we see how Macklin does?

I'm not sure about that. The youths need to be given a chance, and if we were mid table with little chance of relegation I'd perhaps agree. But we are currently in a relegation fight and I'm not sure I'd risk ruining the youth players confidence by chucking them in to a struggling team.

JPC says Macklin hasn't played for the stiffs yet. That being the case the gulf between Youth and 1st team football is huge. He may be good enough, but I'm not sure it's worth the risk. He should be eased in.
broomfield

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 09:44:27 »

Is DB acting on his own or has one of the candidates said that he wants these players on board as part of the deal?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 11:29:55 »

I think we should be starting to give some of the young kids some first team/reserve appearances.
Callum Kennedy starting Saturday
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 11:32:48 »

I think it's more a case of starting to identify targets for Jan and opening talks to see whether they're even vaguely viable. Given that we now seem to be looking at mid-Dec before a new manager is even appointed, if you leave it till the new guy is in place, has started looking at what we've already got etc and you haven't even done any of the groundwork, you're left with scraps in January and your first choices have already gone. So getting Byrne to at least start the ball rolling on doing the groundwork seems pretty sensible IMHO
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 11:57:43 »

No harm in letting Byrne go for players, he did sign McNamee after all and that had nothing what so ever to do with Malpas, remember?

As for Macklin, I dont pretend to be some sort of football expert (much) and I've only seen him a handful of times but I can not understand why he isnt making the 16. What with McNamee being very hot and cold after him Macklin is probably the most attack minded and creative player we've got. If he came on with 15 minutes to go he would scare the shit out of alot of League One left backs
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: