Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Glazer takes 75% in Manchester Utd  (Read 2262 times)
Dazzza

« on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 16:55:32 »

Looks like he has his mits on the stake he wanted and can now delist them off the stock exchange and has pretty much full license to do what he wants.

Gives him the ability to now transfer the wads of debts he has accumulated in buying shares onto the clubs books.

As amusing as it may to the neutral if Glazer now looks to go ahead and go it alone on negotiating the TV rights it will inevitably lead to the rich getting richer and creating even more of a gap between the elite and the rest of the pack.

One paper predicted at the weekend that he could be looking at negotiating the highlights package separately bringing in an estimated revenue of 7 million a week to the club.

DMR

« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 17:07:28 »

To a simpleton like me, what's the significance of delisting Utd from the SE?

Is it just that it means no-one else can invest in them without his say so?
Spencer_White

« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 17:08:17 »

I did feel a little bit sorry for them. But I went down to Southampton saturday and it has to be said they are the first to dish it out.

A group of em were walking through the subway chanting on the way to the ground (bout 2.45), we were on top, when they emerged from it we gave a good 'GLAZERS GONNA RAPE YA'!!!!! They didnt like that.  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 17:24:40 »

Good stuff Spence!

In a weird way I kind of hope he doesn't ruin the farce that is Manchester United "FC", but still wouldn't complain if I saw them having to experience reality for a while (e.g. mid-table or even a relegation battle) but i can't see it for some reason.

And anyway it serves United right for becoming what they have become!
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 17:51:13 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"

he has total control over the club. he doesn't have to pass any decisions through shareholders so he gets to do what he wants when he wants. he also doesnt have to pay dividends anymore i presume
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 17:57:24 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
I did feel a little bit sorry for them. But I went down to Southampton saturday and it has to be said they are the first to dish it out.

A group of em were walking through the subway chanting on the way to the ground (bout 2.45), we were on top, when they emerged from it we gave a good 'GLAZERS GONNA RAPE YA'!!!!! They didnt like that.  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick

Some of my mates went Sunday with Utd ,took a bit of a pasting by all accounts.Though to be fare walking into a Southampton pub to see if they wanted it after they had just been relegated seems a tad suicidal for even the most game of lads  Cheesy

/
W56196272
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 17:57:59 »

As amusing as it may to the neutral if Glazer now looks to go ahead and go it alone on negotiating the TV rights it will inevitably lead to the rich getting richer and creating even more of a gap between the elite and the rest of the pack.

One paper predicted at the weekend that he could be looking at negotiating the highlights package separately bringing in an estimated revenue of 7 million a week to the club.

under the current premiership structure 14 clubs have to agree to the changes which i can't see happening

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #7 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 18:49:38 »

Quote from: "Boeta"

he has total control over the club. he doesn't have to pass any decisions through shareholders so he gets to do what he wants when he wants. he also doesnt have to pay dividends anymore i presume

Preference shareholders will still need to be paid if at all possible but otherwise yes to all - as long as it's in the best interests of the company
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 18:58:50 »

Reading the FT, it sounds like Glazer will be content with paying the £16m p/yr interest at the moment without really bothering to pay off the debt. To put it into perspective - Aresenal have £400m of debt secured against their assets, compared to Man Utd's £265m.
spacey

« Reply #9 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 19:11:33 »

I asked Mrs spacey, and she said...

He doesn't have to disclose loads of information about the company's activities like he would do if it was a listed company.

Basically he can do what he likes as long as he submits accounts and an annual return.
Spencer_White

« Reply #10 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 20:28:28 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Quote from: "Spencer_White"

Some of my mates went Sunday with Utd ,took a bit of a pasting by all accounts.Though to be fare walking into a Southampton pub to see if they wanted it after they had just been relegated seems a tad suicidal for even the most game of lads  Cheesy

Yeah, I met up with a few Swindon lads on the way down (one of them is mainly Man U), then said see you later at the Soton station, Im with Saints, youre with United. Weird, but I was just observing really. I am Swindon and nothing else myself.

Walked through a carrige of Cockney reds on the train down. Old hard bastards. Home fans were superb.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 20:33:28 »

Could be the same lads,they were meeting some mates from the Bristols.Probably talking to much and had runny noses. Soapy Tit Wank

/
W56196272
DMR

« Reply #12 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 20:36:46 »

Ta lads, helpful stuff that.

I still don't think anyone's looked at it positively from a Utd perspective though. There's no guarantee he'll fuck it up, he won the Super Bowl with Tampa Bay straight away didn't he?
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 21:08:24 »

One of the reasons united fans don't like it is that glazer will hike ticket prices to pay off the debt (as he did with tampa bay) pricing many of the 'real' fans out of it.

Glazer himself blames a lot of the hatred on xenophobia and he may have a point.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: