Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chippenham vs. Swindon / Germany vs. England Thread  (Read 5310 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 21:48:37 »

Why can't the Germans be so lethargic all the time.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 21:53:06 »

England game was magic IMO. We totally dominated the game and should have won it easily. Carson is incredibly shit and should never get anywhere near the England team again.

Glenn Johnson was awesome as was Wright -Phillips and Downing.

Thought Agbonlhaor looked OK as well.

Terry's goal was a cracker and made up for his and Caron's fuck up earlier.

Well at least we had depth. I love how Capello will still look pissed off and yell "push up" even on 92 minutes instead of sitting back like England teams of old have. Fantastic result IMO.

I am quietly optimistic with Super Fabio in charge. Let's not mention winning World Cups etc as we have to qualify but we have the makings of a very very good side.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 21:55:50 »

Gary it was a fucking friendly dude, don't get too excited.

Although I was dead against the Fabio appointment (as I fear he'll make england good-ish).
Rich Pullen

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 21:59:32 »

That's the most upbeat review ever.

It was okay, we should have won and did... Terry was just as bad as Carson for their goal. Germany were shite (not the reason why we won but still, they were really shit)

When Germany decided to turn up we looked panicy which is no different.

A win is a win, barely any of those will feature in the next game - we move on.

Take that optimists!!!! Cheesy
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 22:00:33 »

Gary it was a fucking friendly dude, don't get too excited.

Although I was dead against the Fabio appointment (as I fear he'll make england good-ish).

Friendly yes but well played Friendly. Goes to show we don't need Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard etc to do well. What it does show though is that we still have players who will bust a gut to wear the shirt. Although if we were playing say San Marino would the passion had still been there? Germany is a big match and Germany played pretty much a full strength team apart from Ballack. Was just good to see a bit of passion. Fabio isn't afraid to drop players, Owen and Beckham who under previous regimes were untouchable (apart from Becks and McTwat). It's refreshing to see players who will give there all for their country instead of taking their spot in the team forgranted.

Yes Fabio has made us very good.... we still need a good goalkeeper. James is getting on a bit though.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 22:01:45 »

Germany were not at full strength Gazza.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 22:02:26 »

Neither were we though Rich. Good game and good performance. Think we just edged it. Downing had a good game as did Upson.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 22:02:56 »

What the hell was downing doing having a good game

Things get better but they never get good
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 22:03:25 »

What the hell was downing doing having a good game

Except when he went to shoot Smiley
adje

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 22:04:07 »

When the super stars Rio and Stevie fucking G return we'll be shit again

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 22:06:12 »

Germany were not at full strength Gazza.

Pessimists!!! To be honest I am normally very pessimistic when it comes to England who lets be honest are incredibly over-rated by the media. But it was good to see a team without all the top players do well and beat a decent side. It shows we have depth and gives me a reason to think Fabio is doing a good job. Shame that as noted above a lot of those players wont see a senior international game again for a while barring injuries.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 22:07:12 »

When the super stars Rio and Stevie fucking G return we'll be shit again

I have always thought that Gerrard has been shit for England and the media have mentioned this as well. Under Capello he seems to be brining some of his Liverpool form to the England squad.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 22:07:22 »

Neither were we though Rich. Good game and good performance. Think we just edged it. Downing had a good game as did Upson.

Yes but I was correcting Gazza who stated that only Ballack was missing (Fritz, Lahm, Jansen, Frings, Metzelder, Borowski, Schneider....)

It was decent and it was a win, but it I was majorly disappointed that the Germans didn't challenge our B team. It wasn't a fact of being too good for them either.

We'll always win games playing dull and I have no problems with that  Cool
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 22:12:10 »

I'd say we were better for not being full strength.

Whilst im well aware it wasnt the most difficult game and Germany had players missing.

Did we really miss Walcott, Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham, A.Cole, J.Cole & Ferdinand, did we heck.

Also, well good does Michael Carrick pass the ball? is there a better passer of the ball out there?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 22:16:21 »

I'd say we were better for not being full strength.

Whilst im well aware it wasnt the most difficult game and Germany had players missing.

Did we really miss Walcott, Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham, A.Cole, J.Cole & Ferdinand, did we heck.

Also, well good does Michael Carrick pass the ball? is there a better passer of the ball out there?

I'd agree with that - every time a "megastar" withdrew it got more interesting for me. Maybe why the Germans didn't seem that bothered!?!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: