Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Managers rumour thread  (Read 39857 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Monday, November 24, 2008, 13:44:02 »

What about the two currently in work then? Who do we think they could be?
fatbury and DRS
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Monday, November 24, 2008, 17:11:55 »

Phil Parkinson and Richard Money would be my guess.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Monday, November 24, 2008, 17:17:05 »

Phil Parkinson and Richard Money would be my guess.

Gary Waddock and Steve Fallon would be my guess.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #363 on: Monday, November 24, 2008, 17:57:56 »

Gary speed and martin ling i reckon.
land_of_bo

« Reply #364 on: Monday, November 24, 2008, 18:03:00 »

Ruud Gullit and Graeme Souness. Sky Sports dream team.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #365 on: Monday, November 24, 2008, 18:04:45 »

I would say CC is a pretty good shout and Jim Gannon, He just turned down a new contract at Stockport.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Monday, November 24, 2008, 18:10:11 »

Someone on Thisis reckons Forest fans think CC is going to get the job. Pinch of salt time I think.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Monday, November 24, 2008, 18:23:24 »

Seeing as how AF is saying we'll have to wait a bit longer to decide on a new manager, and there's no need to panic yet, because we're not in trouble in the league, why doesn't he try out this interesting suggestion.  Viz get a short list of 4 candidates, then give them say half a match each to show what impact they can have on the side.

The fans could then have an input via a text vote, on the evidence of seeing what they do with the players, although the final say would rest with the Board.

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Monday, November 24, 2008, 19:46:56 »

I can only see the candidates that are currently 'in work' being either a manager of another club or still a player, there is nothing that stops Ass Managers applying or youth team coaches if they are interested in getting into managment.

I'd suggest one of them could be Ling, to be fair he has done well at Orient on a tight budget, they are not the biggest team and he does well to keep them in L1 each season, so a move to Swindon would be a step up for him but a big test and possibly a risk for AF.

Calderwood i'm not convinced he would leave Forest, not even for the chance to manage his old club, I happen to know he has said he would like to manage Swindon one day - I got that direct from CC, he must be close to the sack though, so unless he jumps before he is pushed.

The ony current players I can really think of is Speed, Gary Neville although with Neville he probably still has a couple of years left playing in the prem.

An interesting name that has been suggested to me is that of Brian McClair, he is currently a coach at Man U and has done well, has played at the highest level and won medals, he would have instant respect and the contacts - but would he want to leave Man U with Fergie's job available next year ?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Monday, November 24, 2008, 19:52:23 »

no one in their right mind would go from Manchester United to Swindon.

He probably earns more than our entire first team do!
nochee

« Reply #370 on: Monday, November 24, 2008, 19:55:40 »

Someone on Thisis reckons Forest fans think CC is going to get the job. Pinch of salt time I think.

CC was a fantastic Swindon player, you could never thank him enough for what he done with our club but is he really the man we need for the job?
If he is struggling in the championship with the side that he has, what could he do here? Possibly have a couple of great seasons in L1, maybe end up with promotion, then its right back down again tho, isnt it?

Does Keegan fancy a go do you think?
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Monday, November 24, 2008, 19:58:51 »

david kerslake I've heard....perhaps due to the expectation that CC will be binned shortly

how about sammy macilroy??
dell boy

« Reply #372 on: Monday, November 24, 2008, 20:08:30 »

david kerslake I've heard....perhaps due to the expectation that CC will be binned shortly

how about sammy macilroy??

David Kerslake or Sammy Mc, I would like either of those two.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Monday, November 24, 2008, 20:10:46 »

no one in their right mind would go from Manchester United to Swindon.

He probably earns more than our entire first team do!

But if he wants to be a manager though, they have to start somewhere.....look at Wise, Ince, Matteo, remember where you heard it first (as TCP69 would say)

I still want Boothroyd.

How many managerial vacancies are there at the mo ?

STFC
Charlton
'uddersfield
Crewe
Carlisle

Only really us, Carlisle and Uddersfield that are a stable club, and I think only Us & Udders have financial backing to be able to really take the club forward.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #374 on: Monday, November 24, 2008, 20:27:09 »

Andy King and his twin smoking chimp. Now that's what I call a dream team.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: