Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Brighton Matchday Thread.  (Read 25378 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Thursday, November 13, 2008, 14:45:17 »

Definitely Si. We don't have anyone except maybe Pook who play for the shirt and not the money. IMO we need a few more players who actually really care about playing for Swindon.
I see what you're saying, but sadly I think that might lead to team including the likes of Iris, Fred, DRS and Bart. While such a team might not lack passion, I think we'd struggle tbh
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Thursday, November 13, 2008, 14:50:29 »

You forgot Toni.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Thursday, November 13, 2008, 15:05:24 »

Its a sound idea in theory but where are these passionate swindon fans who are good enough to play in league 1 coming from exactly?

Most of our yoofs aint from Swindon from a start
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Thursday, November 13, 2008, 17:46:22 »

My first post on this as i havent been back long!

Poor!!!

No shot on goal in the first half.........Marshall needed a snorkel...way out of his depth and stayed on the whole game, that was a joke.

Timlin played well, as did the midfield in the second half but we never ever looked like scoring as they didnt seem to be any gameplan at all.

Brighton were poor and we were a poor second.

I feel really dejected as i really thought we would go all the way in this and Brighton were there for the taking if we had managed to string more than two passes together in any one passage of play.

I didnt go to Histon like some of the die hards who stood behind me last night but this is up there with the worst town peformances that i have ever witnessed - 1983 onwards.

The players look shattered and devoid of any spirit at the final whistle, some walked right over to the fans to applaud but they eyes seemed to have glazed over.

If we beat the scummy foxes on Saturday i will be amazed.

Unless we have a relegation dogfight (looks likely) the season is now officially over.

I just hope we have enough gas in the tank to gain the points we need!

Clems Army!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Thursday, November 13, 2008, 18:45:50 »

No.

2-2

Parkin x2 for us. Someone and Darius Henderson with a penalty for them I think.

Yes-awarded for a dive by that little shight Knight

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Thursday, November 13, 2008, 18:59:05 »

That was really quite appalling.

Marshall didn't provide a threat for us and was constantly making errors. Corr couldn't win the ball in the air or hold it up or pass it - get Paynter back.

Kanyuke doesn't seem to have any awareness of what is going on around him. Timlin worked hard as did Smith but both found themselves out of position at times.

Cox got no service from midfield and looked frustrated. He was well marked by Brighton but we didn't use that to our advantage.

Can't remember JPM really getting in to the game.

Nalis was OK when he came on but didn't do anything to change the game.

We miss a decent central defender, Peacock and Paynter.

Tuaca is ace though.

No, we've got a decent central defender, but the scottish twat in charge has fucked him up, and now won't even put him on the bench.

If part of AF's 5 year plan is to get us into League 2 again it's all going very well, otherwise it's a big bag of shit! Angry
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Thursday, November 13, 2008, 21:32:17 »

What an utter joke of a match last night. Two shite teams, one shite ground and only a half decent chicken and mushroom pie to write home about (yep, no chocolate in sight!). Bloody hard to bring myself to revisit it on here today... and even harder to summarise last night. No joke - literally one of the most inept performances I've seen in a bloody long time. Clueless and for my money indicative of a team lacking leadership on and off the park and playing with zero faith in the manager. It hurts me to say that as I'm usually a very, very patient bloke. I gave Kingy the best part of two years behind I finally gave up the ghost!!

The goals conceded were really unlucky - two horrible bobbles that in truth PK could do little about. The challenge for the first was unnececesary but to be fair, had it not bobbled up, the ball would have ended up sailing out of the ground. What irked me was the sheer lack of spirit and organisation. We huffed and puffed but showed very little quality of a pitch that generally should have encouraged zipping the ball about on the deck.

Still sulking tonight. I really thought that with all MM talk of taking the JPT seriously, we could have at least squeezed in a Wembley trip to lighten the gloom. OK, it was only the JPT and our much improved league form gives me a bit of hope but by Christ MM needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat on Saturday.

"Great save, Digby."
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Thursday, November 13, 2008, 21:43:13 »

I sat chatting with a Brighton fan on the bus back to the centre....he reckons they will shoot up the table when all the injured players come back.
I told he must have 14 players out!!
Reality check - Brighton will be one of the teams who will be down there or there abouts come the trapdoor in April....trouble is I can also see another team down there too.....

Clems Army!
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #323 on: Thursday, November 13, 2008, 21:44:37 »

malpas couldn,t pull one off in the shower
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Thursday, November 13, 2008, 21:55:17 »

malpas couldn,t pull one off in the shower

Ummm what?
flammableBen