Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Cox my lord...  (Read 13456 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 17:35:00 »

Blah Blah Blah... Can we not just enjoy Cox's goalscoring exploits for at least one more month before we prepare for the doom and gloom of a possible departure, a departure which I believe won't happen until at least the summer unless a silly bid came in.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 17:37:27 by Rich Pullen » Logged
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 17:39:01 »

HOPE Your right Rich.... now if only our defence was sorted! We would be flying. Must be gutting to score 2 hat tricks but draw both games 3-3
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 17:41:08 »

HOPE Your right Rich.... now if only our defence was sorted! We would be flying. Must be gutting to score 2 hat tricks but draw both games 3-3

Which is another reason why Cox isn't likely to hang around any longer than necessary.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 17:45:24 »

I'm more concerned about the continuing doom mongering to be honest. Malpas is slowly turning it around so we have to turn our attentions to a comment our chairman made about selling players and running with it... Even though he probably meant younger players to Premiership academy teams/reserves.

Why can't we enjoy one thing without instantly thinking of a negative? Every team in the Football League has a player that "will go in January" - until then, lets just enjoy the fact that he's a good footballer and playing for us!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 17:47:58 by Rich Pullen » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 17:56:31 »

It's bound to happen Rich...we're Swindon fans.  Previously the chairman had stated , although not being prepared to throw money at teh project, we didn't need to sell. This suggested that we'd keep our assets, at least, until it suited us to sell.

As soon a stating we may need to sell, whether youth teamer like a Tozer, or otherwise , we know what it means.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 18:05:42 »

Don't reckon he will go anywhere in january
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 18:35:41 »

I'm more concerned about the continuing doom mongering to be honest. Malpas is slowly turning it around so we have to turn our attentions to a comment our chairman made about selling players and running with it... Even though he probably meant younger players to Premiership academy teams/reserves.

Why can't we enjoy one thing without instantly thinking of a negative? Every team in the Football League has a player that "will go in January" - until then, lets just enjoy the fact that he's a good footballer and playing for us!

Exactly my feelings. Of course, if and when we sell players and see how it affects the team, where it's reinvested and how that pans out, is when I'll kick up a fuss (or not!). The last couple of sales have been really good business imo. Tozer disn't look as promising as Morrison (in my opinion) and I'd rather have our current strike duo than Lukas, as much as I thought these players were decent prospects.

With proper investment, we could be churning out these sorts of players each year and be able to keep a few too.

This doesn't mean I won't be disappointed to see decent players go, but if it benefits us in the long run then so be it.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 18:44:14 »

I never actually thought Lukas looked as if he would light the world on fire.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 18:48:19 »

I never actually thought Lukas looked as if he would light the world on fire.

He showed a lot of promise, but should have been allowed to learn his trade here.

Tozer, apart from being big and left footed, I don't remember much more about him.

As I only saw him play a handful of times.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 19:35:29 »

Didn't we sell Kerslake to pay a tax bill during our Halcion days?  why get so hung up on potential sales, any half decent player in our team right now will go within a few years, it's the way of things for a club our size.  At least now we might actually negotiate good deals and only when they suit us, that's the difference, the only difference with years gone by.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 20:20:39 »

If we're doing our job properly then we've got to expect a number of bids to be made in January and have a list of replacements lined up. If the bid is big enough then adios Coxy and hello new boy. If the bid isn't big enough then unless he has a drop in form ( which is unlikely ) then we sell him in the Summer. Either way he won't be here next season and good luck to him. Its what clubs like Swindon do and always has. As Rich says lets enjoy him while he's here.His attitude on the pitch is forst class and he has sufficient arrogance / self belief to play for a Fulham / Wolves type team.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 22:57:05 »

Its the replacements that worry me to be honest.

Malpas signongs over the summer have been suspect to say the least (3 of them he wants to loan out). With Cox it aint just the goals but assists as well. Take his goals and assists out of our team and we would likely be rooted in the bottom 4. This is why it is vital to get in an adequate replacement.

Would like him to be here till the summer, but can see him going in January-Likely for an "undisclosed" fee
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 00:46:59 »

My view is how do you get things write off the pitch....dead easy by getting things write on the pitch,if Fitton and co are serious about getting this club up to the championship then dont sell your best players....oh and they are

Simon Cox
Brezovan and Ifil.....sell them and it will be crowds of 4000 thousand next year in LGE2.
End of the easiest bit of buisness ive ever discussed
If Cox is reasured we will get a few assets that will turn his hat tricks into points that take us up...why would he leave?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 00:53:16 »

Because Malpas calls him names.

STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 09:45:45 »

Exactly leefer if they are serious in getting to the CCC in 3 years (which was stated) selling your best players is not the way to do it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: