Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: All time STFC televised game list...  (Read 14175 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, October 31, 2008, 13:55:51 »

If we take Chalkie's answer as right re Palace, then we're still short of 2 games v Derby, one v Tranmere and 2 v Wolves.  The Tranny could easily be a mistake...was teh second game v Wolves away in teh LC covered the home game was. Another Derby game could have been the final game of the season in early 90's when they banned travelling fans.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, October 31, 2008, 14:01:26 »

Was the Sheff Wed game home or away ?

Wasnt that the mid week home on in the Premiership were Gordon fucking Watson scored the winner by what seemed like going through the goal keeper to a 8 year old kid at the time?

The Coventry one was the away Premiership game wasnt it. 1-1 draw. I remember watching that on TV so well. We were 1-0 down with about 1 minute to go and the cameras fucked up and the picture was lost.

I told my dad we'd scored, he laughed....pictures came back on with Andy Mutch celebrating!!

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, October 31, 2008, 14:06:11 »

That game at Coventry was awesome.  It was (I think) an evening game played between Christmas and New Year and the police were completely taken aback by how many of our fans made the trip.  Something like 4,000 of us turned up.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, October 31, 2008, 14:07:51 »

Wasnt that the mid week home on in the Premiership were Gordon fucking Watson scored the winner by what seemed like going through the goal keeper to a 8 year old kid at the time?

The Coventry one was the away Premiership game wasnt it. 1-1 draw. I remember watching that on TV so well. We were 1-0 down with about 1 minute to go and the cameras fucked up and the picture was lost.

I told my dad we'd scored, he laughed....pictures came back on with Andy Mutch celebrating!!

I think the Wendies game must have been the home game, if only because  the 3-3 away game would be remembered.  Of course, Watson cleaned out Digby at Hillsborough and Hammond at the CG. Both fouls, both off injured and both goals stood.

Which is why Watson got a quz question at the recent CG football quiz.

I think someone did him a bit later when  playing for Bradford City.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, October 31, 2008, 14:08:04 »

3rd of Jan
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, October 31, 2008, 14:09:18 »

Watson got spasticated during a game and had to retire didnt he?

i think he 500k im compo or something because of it
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, October 31, 2008, 14:12:50 »

he also scored to make it 1-1 when  we were out playing Premiership Southampton in the cup, cunt!
tans

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, October 31, 2008, 14:13:18 »

let the fucker rot!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, October 31, 2008, 14:14:29 »

According to wiki which may be totally wrong.

In October 98 he sued Huddersfield player for the tackle, got given 50,000 then a further 900,000 as loss of earnings...

....then continued playing till 2003!!!
tans

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, October 31, 2008, 14:16:22 »

cheeky cunt.

i think it was kevin gray who he sued
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, October 31, 2008, 14:22:19 »

Ifwas teh second game v Wolves away in teh LC covered the home game was.

Both games in the LC were covered. The home game saw OOOh Shaun Taylor shove Steve Bull out of play his last act as far as Town was concerned . He was sold to City. Mark Walters was MOM in both games and received a mountain bike for each of them.

But I guess that doesn't answer where the missing Wolves game is, as you got both LC games already!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, October 31, 2008, 14:24:43 »

Wasnt there another LC game. I remember someone winning MotM and they got a red and black coca cola weird football stero thing....although that might have not been Town at all....
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, October 31, 2008, 14:36:05 »

But I guess that doesn't answer where the missing Wolves game is, as you got both LC games already!

Maybe a League game covered by Central TV?
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, October 31, 2008, 14:46:30 »

If we take Chalkie's answer as right re Palace, then we're still short of 2 games v Derby, one v Tranmere and 2 v Wolves.  The Tranny could easily be a mistake...was teh second game v Wolves away in teh LC covered the home game was. Another Derby game could have been the final game of the season in early 90's when they banned travelling fans.

There was definitely a game against Derby at the Baseball Ground in the early nineties that was shown on Central. I think it ended 2-2 and Shaun Taylor got at least one of ours. That last game of the season wasn't shown though.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #44 on: Friday, October 31, 2008, 14:52:56 »

But Sky only launched Astra 1A (the first Sky satellite) in 1989, so it must have been Central or HTV West?

I'm sounding argumentative but I am not meaning to.

Argue as much as you want Batch - debate is healthy and I'm not 100% sure. I know I watched the game at my mums house so it had to be prior to 1989. I'm pretty sure it was Palace away and we lost 2-0. This was in the days before Sky went big time and Swindon was being used as a test area where you could only receive it via cable.

Reg - this is the kind of crap that keeps me awake at night. Now you've put it on here I've got to know the answers. I can provide some but will have a good look over the weekend. The other Scum one was a 2-2 draw at home where David Penny got a goal for them.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: