Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who is the most overated  (Read 8110 times)
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 13:11:29 »

I would have to say U2 are the most overrated band.  They haven't really done anything decent since bloody sunday. People always say Nirvana are overrated but every time I listen to nevermind or In Utero I have to disagree, they are incredible albums and deserve to be acclaimed. Shite like take that is also overrated by people who have no taste but surely everyone else realises they're talentless cunts. Queen are overrated, they're songs are very mixed some good ones and some definitely not but they don't deserve to be 1st in so many best album lists.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 13:16:58 »

I would have to say U2 are the most overrated band.  They haven't really done anything decent since bloody sunday. People always say Nirvana are overrated but every time I listen to nevermind or In Utero I have to disagree, they are incredible albums and deserve to be acclaimed. Shite like take that is also overrated by people who have no taste but surely everyone else realises they're talentless cunts. Queen are overrated, they're songs are very mixed some good ones and some definitely not but they don't deserve to be 1st in so many best album lists.

I thought 'Do What You Like' was ground breaking.

It's All Good..............
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 13:20:01 »

Pink Floyd

Comfortably numb?
Money?
Brick in the wall?
Mother?

To mention but a few.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 13:23:01 »

People always say Nirvana are overrated but every time I listen to nevermind or In Utero I have to disagree, they are incredible albums and deserve to be acclaimed.

I agree.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 13:27:27 »

People always say Nirvana are overrated but every time I listen to nevermind or In Utero I have to disagree, they are incredible albums and deserve to be acclaimed.

Nirvana are the Pixies in disguise, although I agree Nevermind and In Utero are particularly good albums

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 13:29:39 »

Greenday

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 13:36:15 »

Oasis for me. Everything since Morning Glory has been fairly shite (some of it's OK but it's nowhere near as good as the first 2) yet people actually love them that much. Some people are obessed. I just don't get it tbh. So for me they are probably the most over-rated. Some new bands like Kasabian and The Killers and Arctic Monkeys are over-rated as well. Some are good but some are terrible. In any event most of them are over hyped.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 13:43:57 »

Led Zepp are overrated in my opinion. Elvis was absolute crap. Queen deserve an honourable mention. U2 deserve a medal for having their heads up their own rectums. Radiohead are the Monty Python of music - they're either ace or crap, no in between. Madonna is complete cobblers. I really hate the Rolling Stones - they've produced nothing of note for over 30 years.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 13:52:50 »

Why do you think Led Zeppelin are overrated? You're not allowed to hate Elvis because we sing his song at games.
sonic youth

« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 13:58:59 »

i'm torn over nirvana...

they were really just an amalgamation/rip-off of their influences, pixies being the most obvious, but they bought a genre to the mainstream and kurt was still a good songwriter.

pink floyd are marmite. i love them but they're very much a band you need to be in the right mindset for.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 13:59:04 »

You're not allowed to hate Elvis because we sing his song at games.

Yes we can, he didn't write it, he just sung it  Wink

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 13:59:47 »

I've just not liked their stuff. I quite like heavy metal but not them. I don't like Robert Plant as a vocalist and I can't quite believe how big they became. I can't pin it down specifically - just don't like their music.  
As for Elvis - load of crap. We may sing one of his songs but I doubt he actually wrote it.  
nochee

« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 14:09:26 »

Radiohead......lets all slit our wrists.

I heard they are big in Bridgend
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 14:14:14 »

stuff like Take That is actually rated though - everyone knows it's shit but it has a lot of teenage (or 20 something now) female fans. and fatbury.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 14:14:18 »

A lot of bands can maybe produce 3 or 4 top quality tunes, which guarantees you mid table obscurity for life if you want it.....a few like Squueze produced maybe 2, which confines you to being the Rochdale of the music world.

If you can produce, say 8 to 10, then this puts you up there with the likes of Abba....Champions League regulars.

I once heard a radio interview with John Lennon, in which he said he thought he and Macca had only written one decent song....Day in the Life.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: