Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Eindhoven  (Read 1111 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 09:53:27 »

Heading down on Saturday for a night out as it is reasonably local and have been to Amsterdam before. Going to see PSV vs Roda JC as well which should be decent.

Anyone been before, what can I expect, pubwise etc?

Also looking to go somwhere in Belgium next month, thinking Liege to take in a Standard game. Other option is Antwerp but Royal Antwerp aren't in the top league anymore so swaying more to Liege at the moment as I am led to believe it is a student town.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 11:29:57 »

Been to Eindhoven three times with Arsenal for the champ league. There is a big sqaure close to the train station which has some nice place to sit for a quite beer. In the left hand corner is an irish bar that was quite liviley. If you walk off the sqaure from the right you should come to a street with lots and lots of bars. This is were the endihoven fans drink. I suggest going to a few of these they go nuts for a few hours before the game then all fuck off to the ground. I can't remmber how to get to the ground due to being smashed everytime I have been.

Good place to go. Although I have never found it's red light district!

Ash - "GFM Mate your like like Marmite you Love it or Hate it"
Christian Roberts " I fucking hate Marmite"
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 11:34:08 »

Maybe they shut it when you're in town!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 10:08:58 »

When we get there we are planning on all going football topped up (as the Dutch seem pretty knowledgable about all things footy). Are we likely to be safe in the PSV pubs like this? There will be a Peterborough, Man U, Rangers and Swindon fan.

Also, I noticed pubs in Eindhoven are open until 4am, with the clocks going back and the Dutch being pretty liberal, does this mean we are likely to get an extra hour of drinking?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 11:34:34 »

wouldn't wear a man u shirt. Last time man u played they smashed the whole town up lots of trouble!

Ash - "GFM Mate your like like Marmite you Love it or Hate it"
Christian Roberts " I fucking hate Marmite"
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 27, 2008, 11:55:06 »

PSV lost 3-2. I reckon I am some sort of jinx as I have watched Swindon lose 3 times, my Luxembourg team Avenir Beggen lose 5 times and now the Dutch Champions losing to a lowly team they should really have hammered!

Eindhoven is a cracking night out, that street with all the pubs on it is top class. Not that I remember much about it!

yeo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 27, 2008, 13:58:07 »

Did you get an extra hour of drinking?

Though quite how anyone can keep going till 5am with the aid of Chemicals is beyond me.

/
W56196272
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, October 27, 2008, 15:01:35 »

Did you get an extra hour of drinking?

Though quite how anyone can keep going till 5am with the aid of Chemicals is beyond me.

To be honest I have no recollection of Saturday night after the football. I have no idea when I got back to the hotel at all!

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, October 27, 2008, 16:26:00 »

We played Roda JC in 79 in a pre season friendly....beat them 4-1, they had Jan Jongbloed in goal and Dick Naninga up front, who both played in the 78 Dutch WC final.
side....that was the classic STFC side of Mayes and Rowland....Kamara McHale, that got ot the LC semi that season and beat Arsenal on the way.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, October 27, 2008, 17:18:43 »

We played Roda JC in 79 in a pre season friendly....beat them 4-1, they had Jan Jongbloed in goal and Dick Naninga up front, who both played in the 78 Dutch WC final.
side....that was the classic STFC side of Mayes and Rowland....Kamara McHale, that got ot the LC semi that season and beat Arsenal on the way.

I was impressed with the Roda fans, they must have had 1,000 tops (I am not very good at judging numbers) but they sang all the way through the game and were a credit to their team. There was a heavy police presence there outside the ground which I thought unusual.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: