Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ramos sacked  (Read 29546 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #75 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 19:30:44 »

When I was at school, after Man Utd I think Spurs were the most followed club (maybe Liverpool). I think probably due to Gazza, Lineker et al.
Spencer_White

« Reply #76 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 19:34:40 »

Arry was an Arsenal fan as a boy.

I dont quite know what to make of him to be honest. Does seem quite motivated by money.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #77 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 19:38:42 »

Does seem quite motivated by money.

It can only be the money but why not eh? As soon as these young chaps become footballers, it's irrelevant who they watched as kids because the game becomes their occupation and not all can play for their boyhood teams. Obviously there are exceptions but it appears the case the majority of the time.

I'd sell out if I was him too.

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 19:44:25 »

i never expected redknapp to be named spurs boss.the bloke has built a great side at pompey and i'm baffled why he'd leave.it has to be money imo.
spurs are a massive club, and he will sort them out. to say wenger is overated is laughable.him and harry are completely different, but both do what they do very well.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #79 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 19:45:18 »

The only thing I would say about Redknapp is that I don't understand why people like him so much.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 19:47:17 »

i never expected redknapp to be named spurs boss.the bloke has built a great side at pompey and i'm baffled why he'd leave.it has to be money imo.
spurs are a massive club, and he will sort them out. to say wenger is overated is laughable.him and harry are completely different, but both do what they do very well.

Portsmouth-a "great side"?Are you sure?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 19:53:29 »

to say wenger is overated is laughable.

He has done a good job at Arsenal. But he's not the second coming as some make out (hence overrated), look at the major trophy count. Sure they play nice football, so what.

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 20:01:20 »

adje.pompey are a very decent prem team.depends on how you perceive great really.
 batch. wenger managed a team that went unbeaten for over a season.he also gets virtual nobodys and makes them world class stars.
he is up there with the very best
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 20:05:23 »

adje.pompey are a very decent prem team.depends on how you perceive great really.
 batch. wenger managed a team that went unbeaten for over a season.he also gets virtual nobodys and makes them world class stars.

who are these virtual nobodys?

/
W56196272

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 20:07:16 »

i take it your joking yeovil?
Spencer_White

« Reply #85 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 20:07:52 »

Take your skull cap off Yeovil for fucks sake.

Viera, Fabregas, even Henry.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 20:09:19 »

He's had great teams, not arguing. But look at the facts over 12 years:

FA Cups: 4
League Title : 3
League Cups :0
Euro Titles : 0

Nothing since 2005.

And George Graham:
League Titles : 2
FA Cups : 1
League Cups: 2 (?)
Euro (cup winner cup) : 1

Not much different. Certainly not in the same class as Fergie, or the Liverpool managers of their golden period.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #87 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 20:12:23 »

Hasn't he been runner up of competitions loads though? Compared to the big spenders of Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, they do punch above their weight.

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 20:14:47 »

i'm not saying he is the best batch,but he's up there.
i'd say he's in the class of those you mentioned
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 20:42:43 »

who are these virtual nobodys?

haha!

Still really am baffled that people can say Wenger is over rated.
Just being at Arsenal for 12 years is an acheivement but if you look at the sort of club they were when he took over to what they are now it is outstanding.

Prem titles and Fa cups all over the place, not to mention CL and UEFA cup finalists and of course an unbeaten season.

All this while dealing with the black hole of a new stadium and still with a record transfer fee of only £11.5 million for Wiltord in 2000.

officially blacker than the night.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: