Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fair play Malpas  (Read 4836 times)
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 02:04:01 »

It took him almost a year to find out that the central midfield that Paul Sturrock created was effective.  All he had to do when he arrived was leave the team playing the way it was.

After signing two ineffective fullbacks, right and left, Timlin does a job.  Let's hope Timlin doesn't get injured and Vincent returns.

If we were in a relegation dogfight with Paynter and Cox up front, that would be just criminal.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 10:30:09 »

I said before that if Malpas can get us playing decent and some good results (or when we lose on occassion we'd have played decent) then he deserves to stay. Unfortunately I couldn't see him ever doing that.

Has something clicked into place? There is still a long way left but it looks at least like there is the potential in this team which we saw when Malpas took over.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 10:50:33 »

Somebody actually text Radio Swindon and said just that. Said it was 'awful, awful, football'.

What.A.Wanker.
They were aware it was League 1 and not the Champions' League? Whoever it was must have been utterly mystified at the lack of replays and not having Andy Gray to explain what they'd just seen for them.
Spencer_White

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 12:14:21 »

I see it differently. Players are shocked to see the big R word being banded about and have started playing again, just like they did end of last season when the fans started panicking. Not getting relegated seems their only motivation.

There is no ambition in this set up. They do not know what makes a winning team.

Im sorry, but february to end of october, to move Peacock up front and then finnally figure out the team has no spine, move him back, and play the same Sturrock 4-4-2 is not good enough.

Well done putting Timlin at left back. But hes only there because hes brought in two rubbish players as full backs.

Prove me wrong Malpas, but we are going nowhere with you. Waste of time. Just get us one decent signing in january, and then you might start proving you are a manager.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 12:17:14 by Spencer_White » Logged
JPC82

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 12:17:17 »

all Malpas has done is finally put players in their proper positions, Smith right back instead of left back,JPM right mid instead of central midfield, McNamee left mid instead of his fucking half striker shit role, Timlin played at left back alot for Fulham so its not like Malpas has suddenly turned him into a great left back
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 12:21:57 »

I agree with the relegation thing Spence, but how do we know it's not the management setup which has shit the players up?

At the moment Malpas still has to convince me by continuing in the same manner. It's going to be tough - we have difficult games coming up, but Oldham are doing well and we beat them.

I think I'm just going to chill out and enjoy our winning ways until (if) we start to play shit again.
Spencer_White

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 12:29:58 »

I cant enjoy this crap. No one is putting their necks on the line, saying this is our best shot, lets have it. At the moment its were only motivated by the prospect of relegation.

Oldham were in bad form, but then we beat Northampton who were in good form.

I was someone who kept supporting Malpas, but I just think hes rubbish now. He doesnt seem to know players best positions, and he doesnt sign good players. He doesnt have any urgency apart from when things get absolutely desperate.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 12:38:57 »

I got the impression at the AGM that Fitton doesn't want us to go up this season anyway. We're not ready off the field and nowhere near on it.

Leeds spend £15m a year on wages. We don't even spend £2.5m.
Spencer_White

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 12:46:29 »

I got the impression at the AGM that Fitton doesn't want us to go up this season anyway. We're not ready off the field and nowhere near on it.

Leeds spend £15m a year on wages. We don't even spend £2.5m.

I dont like this business model stuff.

Was listening to 606 the other night and a Norwich fan said he didnt think the board were doing everything they could to get success, and as such they were cheating the fans. Allan Green agreed.

Im not saying Fitton is cheating the fans, but I am starting to begrudge the lack of ambition we show sometimes. Did they make the season tickets cheap in anticipation that this would be another dead season come february? Because they would be embaressed by low crowds if we didnt have 5000 season ticket holders? 5,100 season tickets, only 6,600 yesterday, 600 away fans, so only 900 paying punters. Not a lot.

Are we waiting for other clubs to go bust or what? We should have been targeting the play offs this year, there is nothing to be scared of in the league above (despite what Aljofree would tell you  Cheesy). How many years were Wimbledon top flight? Its not all about money, effort, concentration, organisation get you a long way in football.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 12:48:49 by Spencer_White » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 13:05:39 »

Fitton said at the AGM he wants to blood some decent young players, hang onto half of them and sell the others (that was the example he used). I think that's where our playing talent is going to come from in the future.

Until we have enough decent youngsters to be able to sell one or two, I don't think we're going to get too much to spend on wages. It's unfortunate that the fans seem to be short changed, but I guess that's the problem with football being business orientated (which I actually hate).
JPC82

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 13:07:34 »

Fitton said at the AGM he wants to blood some decent young players, hang onto half of them and sell the others (that was the example he used). I think that's where our playing talent is going to come from in the future.

Until we have enough decent youngsters to be able to sell one or two, I don't think we're going to get too much to spend on wages. It's unfortunate that the fans seem to be short changed, but I guess that's the problem with football being business orientated (which I actually hate).

we will be lucky to produce 2 youngsters of the current crop that teams would be willing to pay for, due to Malpas not giving them the time of day
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 13:14:03 »

we will be lucky to produce 2 youngsters of the current crop that teams would be willing to pay for, due to Malpas not giving them the time of day

Morrison?
JPC82

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 13:16:32 »

yeah hes 1,i said 2
Spencer_White

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 13:17:47 »

Buying Casal will be a hard knock for them. We brought him knowing he wasnt good enough, but Malpas said he was 'coachable'. Fact is players are getting worse under this coaching set up, not better.

Byrne does seem well tuned in to youngsters getting released from other clubs, but is it enough? And if we are signing youth players for money are they prepared to take more financial hits like Casal? Is it really a formula to become a top 6 League 1 club? Im confused.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 13:21:36 »

yeah hes 1,i said 2

Did Fitton say this season? It's going to take longer than that! Do you reckon we have youngsters who could move to bigger teams like Tozer and Lukas? I think the only one is Morrison.

Investment in the youth setup was key according to Fitton. We want to become a feeder club, but keep some decent youngsters so we're not bleeding ourselves dry.

I put Casal down to a mistake. A bloody big one at that. Panic buy I think.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: