Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Oldham Matchday Thread  (Read 13369 times)
dell boy

« Reply #135 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 18:44:49 »

The first goal was definitely against the run of play.
Imo we saw the game out professionally.
Timlin, Pook again were superb.
Aljofree, best game I've seen him play this season, especially the wasting time bit when he alleged a smack in the chops, liked the way Peacock got hold of Hughes by the neck in the resulting corner, have it my son.
McNamee luxury I think not, always a threat and he did track back well.
All in all a very good win against a very good side.

I think I will go to Walsall on Tuesday, but first get pretty pissed tonight. Great stuff.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 18:53:53 »

We are getting there,i was one of the few who wanted Morrison in the team...you gota play em to see how good they are,he still gets bullied abit,but thats experience,17 years old and a diamond i reckon.
Great to see a player get on with his work,play the reserve matches,no whining...come back and play for his team,well done Pook,my man of match,although Cox did well as always.
Tough one next sat so a result on tuesday is a must.

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 18:58:49 »

am i the only one who didn't think peacock was that good today?
everyone seems to be creaming their pants over the bloke on the forums tonight.
pook dug him out quite a bit today.and his positional play was all over the place.i like the bloke but he wasn't all that today at all.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 19:01:08 »

No, i too dont think he was at his best. Its not his technichal ability that we need though

Things get better but they never get good
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #139 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 19:01:23 »

Pook and Peacock joint MOM. They covered every blade of grass and won virtually evey second ball. Even when they couldn't get a good contact, they got some contact. The defence was still very shaky as a unit. Aljofree got in a couple of cracknig tac kles in the 1st half. Morrison grew as the game went on - loved it when he physically moved Hughes out of the way off the ball - and a really cool finishh for the goal. Agree abuot JPM - he did a lot of tracking back. Paynter yet again took some punishment but had a great game. in fact, they all played well.
I will enjoy my pint tonight and I'm just glad I'm supporting a "team" again not a collection of individuals.
JPM and Aljofree - take note - fans will be on your side if you give 100% and both of you have in the last 2 games. If you have a crap one now, the fans will get behind you.    
JPC82

« Reply #140 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 19:01:54 »

i thought Peacock was solid, did what he had to without being outstanding, id settle for that performance from him every week
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 19:04:10 »

Peacock wasnt great in a technical sense but as usual covered every blade of grass, went in for every tackle and hassled their midfielders as soon as they got the ball.

Everything we've lacked when we've had Nalis playing.

caveman

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 19:05:26 »

timlin was awesome, over the moon with his performance and attitude today

pook, peacock both deserve a mention

lets hope for more of the same midweek
dell boy

« Reply #143 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 19:10:06 »

am i the only one who didn't think peacock was that good today?
everyone seems to be creaming their pants over the bloke on the forums tonight.
pook dug him out quite a bit today.and his positional play was all over the place.i like the bloke but he wasn't all that today at all.
Peacock did a working shift today, wasn't superb at all but took control of those around him, Aljofree take note.
Peacock is a leader and players around him responded to his instructions.

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 19:15:28 »

Peacock did a working shift today, wasn't superb at all but took control of those around him, Aljofree take note.
Peacock is a leader and players around him responded to his instructions.

yeah i agree,but he was all over the place at times.
he seems to get the praise today when imo pook was much better.
dell boy

« Reply #145 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 19:17:10 »

yeah i agree,but he was all over the place at times.
he seems to get the praise today when imo pook was much better.

I believe for two seasons Arriba we have both been saying Pook is a decent player at this level and that a non-league player as many have taunted him in that time.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 19:18:21 »

They were both bloody good today though.

Perhaps Peacock does get noticed more, things like hugging all the players before and after, he's alot omore vocal in the middle of the park and he has bright white hair!

Saying that, its not like Pook isnt getting praise. Its just a shame we didnt get time to take him off for Easton. After the last two games he deserves to go off to a Standing ovation, which lets be honest he's probably never expirenced before

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 19:21:32 »

amazingly pook is now the better footballer in centre mid.his use of the ball today was superb.he really has grown without even playing.
the lad impressed me greatly today and i'm proud he is a home grown player.he has had it tough, but fuck me he should be one of the first names on the team sheet next week.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #148 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 19:25:16 »

It was only the fact that he played x games alse season that triggered the automatic 12 month contract he's on now. If he carries on in this form, it will be very interesting to see what happens at the end of the season.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 19:26:18 »

Agree Arriba..its like the tension has gone from his game...Nalis and co will have to work there balls off to get back in.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: