Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Beckham's loan move  (Read 2294 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 11:49:20 »

...and by that post Dell you've answered why it's ridiculous to question the earning of the cap. Times have changed and more fixtures are being played since Bobby Moore, Bobby Charlton, Billy Wright or even Peter Shilton, Bryan Robson and Kenny Sansom were playing for England.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 11:58:18 by Rich Pullen » Logged
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 12:03:03 »

Dont see the problem with Beckham breaking Moore's outfield cap record.  Being your countries most capped player has nothing to do with being the best English player of all time etc.

So moore would have had 150 caps if he was playing now?   so what?  he's not playing now.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 13:59:13 »

Honest question.

Since when has Bobby Moore's record been an issue, in the last year or so?  Peter Shilton must be over the moon after representing england 125 times, so he was a goalkeeper so what?  Shilton is england's most capped player, not Moore, not matter how nice it sounds to give Moore this "outfield player record".

As for Beckham over the last few years england have been carried by the bloke, and if Capello think she can still do a job then fair play to Beckham for collectin more and more caps.  MacLaren was the twat for droppin Beckham from the squad in the first place.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 14:14:39 »

Honest question.

Since when has Bobby Moore's record been an issue, in the last year or so?  Peter Shilton must be over the moon after representing england 125 times, so he was a goalkeeper so what?  Shilton is england's most capped player, not Moore, not matter how nice it sounds to give Moore this "outfield player record".

As for Beckham over the last few years england have been carried by the bloke, and if Capello think she can still do a job then fair play to Beckham for collectin more and more caps.  MacLaren was the twat for droppin Beckham from the squad in the first place.

Agreed.(Worryingly)

It's All Good..............
Barry Scott

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 14:24:18 »

EDIT: Moved! Cheesy
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 14:33:53 by Barry Scott » Logged
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 14:26:15 »

Good move. I suspect it's probably an NLP practitioner though, they often get wrongly called hypnotherapists.

Bristol shitty have had an NLP practitioner for a while, unbeknownst to most, a man called Mark Layder. Marvin Eliot claimed it's why he's now a better player. Did anyone realise that's also what Paul McKenna now does, retrained as an NLP psych, puts phd after his name and earns fuck loads teaching people about how they think. I'm a closet NLP and mindset book lover. It's an amazing subject i'll have you know. Smiley

Well, you've got me believing I'm reading the wrong thread Barry !

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 14:32:26 »

Well, you've got me believing I'm reading the wrong thread Barry !

That'll be the hypnotherapy Neville.
Barry Scott

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 14:33:08 »

Doh... Wondered where it went! Cheesy I'll have a fiddle now.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 14:41:35 »

Doh... Wondered where it went! Cheesy I'll have a fiddle now.

You shouldn't be that pleased with yourself.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 14:45:14 »

Other than also knowing that Galliani is VP of AC Milan.... I meant which Beckham - Milan being a hub for fashion, twas a joke Paul.

Smiley
Cack. Respond in haste, repent at leisure. I mis-thought the original post and was genuinely trying to be informative. Oh, all right I was being a smartarse. I feel a proper arse now.  Embarrassed
swindon-chap

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 18:57:24 »

Its obvious AC Milan have signed him because they'll rake in the cash he'll earn them; via shirt sales etc. I very much doubt they want him for his footballing ability. Its a no lose situation for them: If he does shit, they still have the big profits. The only thing that will be affected is Beckhams' reputation if he does shit.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: