Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon - northampton matchday thread  (Read 21749 times)
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 08:27:38 »

Agree about the midfield 2, work rate was immense. pook was MOTM for me. I really dont rate Nalis, he's a luxury, and has been a large part of the midfield problem for me.  I'd much rather have pook in that kind of form playing. Even his distribution was good by his own low standards.

Paynter and cox worked their arses off too.

Defence was still a bit of a mess at times, but makes life exiting knowing we could conceed at any point from any situation
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 08:54:30 »

Pook was immense, considering his first touch was to mis-control it and draw groans from a load of idiots in the Don... well done to the lad.

JP's 2nd half performance was also brilliant. He played like the sort of player i love to see at the town, and it amazed me. More of the same please.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #242 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 09:01:13 »

Pook was immense, considering his first touch was to mis-control it and draw groans from a load of idiots in the Don... well done to the lad.

JP's 2nd half performance was also brilliant. He played like the sort of player i love to see at the town, and it amazed me. More of the same please.
Its football ffs they are bound to groan
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 09:13:57 »

Is everyone going to ignore the fact that for the first ten minutes it was all northampton?

Things get better but they never get good
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 09:14:58 »

Yep. It's called blind optimism.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #245 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 09:16:35 »

Is everyone going to ignore the fact that for the first ten minutes it was all northampton?

What did you expect? 90 minutes of complete control? Wink

No one knows if this is the "turning point" or a rare win.... Yet.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 09:19:19 »

Ok, my thoughts....

We started very slow, Cobblers were better for the first 15 mins but we slowly but surely took control of the game and then dominated until late in the 2nd half when Cobblers changed their formation to 4-3-3 and then 3-4-3, then they started looking dangerous, up until that point they showed little threat. We were still not right at the back, I thought Aljofree had an average game but did well in the air, but thought Morrison did well, especially 2nd half. Timlin had a quality game considering he is a central midfielder playing left back.

Never thought I would say this but Pook was different class, biting in on the tackles and putting himself about, something we have been missing, MOTM IMO closely follwed by Paynter who covered every blade. Macca did OK but was snuffed out by their right back who had a decent game. Cox as well gave his usual 100% effort and could have had a hatrick, but his finishing was not up to his usual standards on the night.

From where I was sitting I didn't think it was a foul by the keeper, took the ball IMO, but it seems that everyone else seems to think it was a foul, so I won't argue the point, but then again I didn't think it was a foul by the right winger on Macca and everyone else around me seemed to think it was, so maybe my eyes just weren't working right last night!

Well deserved win on the night, but still not convinced by the defence or the Manager TBH, papering over the cracks is what I got from the performance last night, hopefully I'm wrong and we will go on a 10 match unbeaten run now.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
normy

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 09:27:07 »

The whole team chased and harried without the ball, and used it much better when they got it. Pook was immense, that tackle from behind looked a certain penalty, don't know how he got the ball. He made all the difference in CM, where Nalis has been weak and not energetic, and his passing was very reasonable. Where is Fatbury, they're not laughing now! ( Or are they?)
The first game I enjoyed since Tranmere, if only they would work that hard every week. Timlin played very constructively from LB, out of position but still better than the alternatives IMO. Only one game yes, but I have to credit Malpas for good decisions and performance.

ust be the oldest
dell boy

« Reply #248 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 09:35:07 »

Malpas did well yesterday, he should have taken Jack Smith off when he brought Corr on, Smith was definitely struggling and Northampton scored, luckily for us it was nearly the last kick.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 09:41:10 by dell boy » Logged
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 09:41:58 »

For ten minutes of the Huddersfield game it was all us yet you quite blatantly chose to ignore that.

So yes, I am. Miserable fucker Cheesy
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 09:43:35 »

haha fair point. Im not going to go overboard with how well we played though, we still defended like a bunch of spanners at times

Things get better but they never get good
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 09:50:33 »

Its football ffs they are bound to groan

I don't agree, and it isn't your generic groan... and it's only when certain players do it. Morrison already receives a bit when he doesn't quite connect with a clearance etc. MacNamee shanks yet another cross into the Town End, and it gets virtually ignored in comparison.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 09:54:09 »

of course it was all northampton for the first 10 minutes, they're unbeaten in five and high in confidence and we're not... the fact we turned it round is even more impressive, no?

Still, Oldham will be a lot tougher. Like DV said, as long as we perform and work hard again, I would still see that as progress, even if we get beat... We have a really tough few games coming up, so anything we can pick up on Saturday would be a bonus.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #253 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 10:06:32 »

I enjoyed the Dutch Tv crew they were my best bits of the night
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 10:09:43 »

I enjoyed the Dutch Tv crew they were my best bits of the night

Huh?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: