Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon - northampton matchday thread  (Read 21869 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 21:45:30 »

Pook was actually very vocal too, did well.

Aljofree still doesnt fill me with confidence and Brez still flapped and needs some serious work on his kicking.

Fair play to all of them celebrating when they scored - least the team spirit hasnt gone.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 21:45:40 »

I imagine you did look very scrummy Dave
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #182 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 21:46:06 »

Malpas got it spot on tonight was concerned with timlin at left back, pook and jpm put in a good shift. More of that please.
thats the best i've looked going forward for a long time. pook was immense. timlin isnt a left back. on another day northampton could and should have had 3 or 4, but then again so could we. The crowd was ace, despite the low turn out. I hope this is a corner turned but im not holding my breath
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 21:47:19 »

Smith was the worse of the full backs. Not being negative, just think Timlin did a better job, although he is clearly not a left back.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 21:49:23 »

I imagine you did look very scrummy Dave

huh

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 21:49:36 »

I, like everyone had my doubts about Timlin at left back but I thought he was fucking awesome out there. Not one to back down from a challenge and one a fair few headers as well.

Played it well out of defence as well, good distribution. Although a few times he flew into tackles and they knocked it past him. Not always good to commit yourself as a full back. Sometimes just need to stand them but he really impressed me.

As DRS said, Pook and JPM really put the shift in tonight and played a bit of football as well.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 21:51:06 »

huh

Read your post again my ginger topped friend
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 21:52:10 »

haha. thats also true Cool

Things get better but they never get good
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 21:57:20 »

Absolutely dreaded going today - fucking love it now. It wasn't a great performance but we wanted to win. Peacock was MOM for me - Pook was not far behind. they won a lot of ball and generally were a real pain the arse. I thuoght this is where we won the game - not pretty but effective. Paynter had a great second half. Cox didn't stop running. JPM looked a lot better and my old friend Aljofree had a really good game. Brez generally did very well apart from one fuck up in the second half.
Overall, I'm well chuffed and I'm looking forward to Saturday now. 
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #189 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 22:01:58 »

Well well well. Pook and JPM were both ace today.

I'm literally speechless.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 22:08:25 »

I, like everyone had my doubts about Timlin at left back but I thought he was fucking awesome out there. Not one to back down from a challenge and one a fair few headers as well.

Played it well out of defence as well, good distribution. Although a few times he flew into tackles and they knocked it past him. Not always good to commit yourself as a full back. Sometimes just need to stand them but he really impressed me.

As DRS said, Pook and JPM really put the shift in tonight and played a bit of football as well.

Totally agree with that. At last some battling qualities and hard work for a deserved victory. The midfield did their job well tonight! Well done all.

One slight negative, the defence still doesn't fill me with confidence. Aljofree and Morrison were both vcaught out a couple of times.

Not out the woods yet, but keep going like this and we will be.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 22:11:10 »

i wonder how many people are disappointed we won tonight?

Your buddy, the loud one who sits behind me and axs, was virtually silent all game, it was beautiful.

Then they scored and he couldn't keep the glee from his voice as he said "Couldn't do it, just couldn't do it!". Cunt!

On the bright side, fair play Michael Pook, he was ace tonight. Brilliant performance tonight, though on another day Brez's mistakes would've been punished.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 22:11:18 »

As has been said by everyone else Pook was impressive tonight, certainly first half he did much to mask what still looks like a shaky back line. Bloody relieved Brez didn't go - looked to me like he got the ball, but wouldn't have sworn to it and was not at all confident he'd get away with it. Add to that their two misses faced with open goals and it felt like we were finally getting some much-needed luck tonight. Which isn't to deride the performance at all - they all played well tonight and proved that with something to sing about, the fans do get behind the team.

And to add to the "luck" point, we had two go off the angle of the post/bar and another one that if Coxy had got more on, he'd have slotted. It could easily have ended 4-3. And I'm not sure which way. But the better team by a good way won.

Can we start foolishly talking about the play-offs yet?
glos_robin

« Reply #193 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 22:12:06 »

A BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG improvement on the last 7 or 8 games with lots of positives mainly in an attacking sense.  Paynter and Cox continue to link well and the midfield worked hard. Our defence is still a shambles and we desperately need to sort it out which I think requires a new centre back but at least they put their bodies on the line and showed some guts defending tonight.  Morrison is starting to look jaded but I guess needs must at the moment. You can still see that the rest of the team has very little confidence in the defence and so it affects other areas.

Oldham now becomes the most important match of the season as the players need to prove tonight wasn't a blip and that the tide has turned. If we lose to Oldham then it's back to square one.

Also I think tonight proved that a lot of the bollocks about our support being rubbish is exactly that, bollocks. The players put in a good shift and got support and appreciation from the fans as a result, that's exactly the way it should be and exactly what happened. There is nothing really wrong with our support and it's pretty much the same as every other clubs..... happy when your winning, annoyed when your losing.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #194 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 22:15:24 »

Most of their attacks came from the sides of the pitch. I thought the centre backs did ok, especially considering how bad the defence has been this season.

Even Aljofree was trying to give others instructions. I also notice how he didn't do his lameboy stay down injured for a few minutes half a dozen times in one game routine.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: