Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Was Ian Holloway really in the Town End today?  (Read 20419 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 12:25:54 »

My biggest worry is another caretakership of Byrne or Williams ... Sad
IIRC the last time we managed to string together more than one decent performance after another was under precisely that set-up. We played well when they were caretakers and with some fire in the belly that's been sadly lacking of late. My biggest worry is that if Malpas is sacked whoever takes charge either permanently or as caretaker has to contend with the same negative shit from the outset that's so undermined Malpas. We need to re-unify the fans and the playing staff.

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 12:26:47 »

only a complete coaching clear out will do that then paul
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 12:32:44 »

only a complete coaching clear out will do that then paul
No, only good results and performances will do that. You could sack everyone at the club from the tea-lady up but if the results and performances don't turn round, any new guy will get the same, just might take a bit longer. Conversely, if Byrne and Williams get put in as caretakers they'll get virtually no backing to start off with but if they then go on a six-game unbeaten run, stuff Wovers, and take us on a cup run, the boo-boys will still be there but who'll really care?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #93 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 12:41:03 »

No, only good results and performances will do that. You could sack everyone at the club from the tea-lady up but if the results and performances don't turn round, any new guy will get the same, just might take a bit longer. Conversely, if Byrne and Williams get put in as caretakers they'll get virtually no backing to start off with but if they then go on a six-game unbeaten run, stuff Wovers, and take us on a cup run, the boo-boys will still be there but who'll really care?
You trust lot are shit its a tea man not lady ffs

Smiley
dell boy

« Reply #94 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 12:42:46 »

Smiley

And he's been there for about 60 years, one hell of a redundancy package.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 12:44:38 »

Smiley
It was a hypothetical abstract tea-lady, not an actual one
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #96 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 12:44:52 »

My biggest worry is another caretakership of Byrne or Williams ... Sad

Can't be any worse than we're doing at the moment though.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 12:45:38 »

a high profile manager will go some way to unifying supporters I'd suggest, along with a run of winning games and performances where the players look like they are desperate to win a game.

I'd like to see Holloway as he is an experienced manager and has had various degrees of sucess, I'm also intruiged to go back to the days of Macari, Hoddle, Mcmahon i.e. a high profile player coming to the end of his playing days that is taking his first steps on the management ladder, if we went that route I'd suggest someone of the calibre of Gary Speed (or even Stuart Pearce if the U21's lose tomorrow night)
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 12:47:17 »

It was a hypothetical abstract tea-lady, not an actual one

surely it's tea person

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #99 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 12:49:21 »

Yeah Paul
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #100 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 12:52:43 »

a high profile manager will go some way to unifying supporters I'd suggest, along with a run of winning games and performances where the players look like they are desperate to win a game.

I'd like to see Holloway as he is an experienced manager and has had various degrees of sucess, I'm also intruiged to go back to the days of Macari, Hoddle, Mcmahon i.e. a high profile player coming to the end of his playing days that is taking his first steps on the management ladder, if we went that route I'd suggest someone of the calibre of Gary Speed (or even Stuart Pearce if the U21's lose tomorrow night)

That's exactly what we don't need though and exactly what Fitton doesn't want. Wise screwed us over, Sturrock wasn't here long.

Malpas is loyal and talks a good game. That's why Fitton appointed him. Unfortunately he is a shit manager. We just need to get someone in who is decent. There are a few decent managers in the division or two below, I reckon get one of them in.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 13:34:34 »

That's exactly what we don't need though and exactly what Fitton doesn't want. Wise screwed us over, Sturrock wasn't here long.

Malpas is loyal and talks a good game. That's why Fitton appointed him. Unfortunately he is a shit manager. We just need to get someone in who is decent. There are a few decent managers in the division or two below, I reckon get one of them in.

Look what has happened with Malpas he got appointed due him him likely to be loyal and hang around and things have not worked out as expected.

Yes, it is a risk appoiting someone high profile, but they may achieve sucess before going and more of ten that not a high profile manager will raise the profile and the club which inturn bring more income with it.

Let's be bold and take the plunge we have had most success over the years with high profile managers.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 13:38:11 »

Without the success of Macari, would we have got Ardiles?

Without Ardiles, would we have got Hoddle?

Ok, it goes a bit tits up after that, but you get my drift. Big name managers will only be lured away if they're successful here. If they're successful here we stand a much better chance of attracting another big name. And so on..............

It's All Good..............
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 13:51:42 »

surely it's tea person
I'm too sexist for my shirt
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #104 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 14:24:45 »

Look what has happened with Malpas he got appointed due him him likely to be loyal and hang around and things have not worked out as expected.

Yes, it is a risk appoiting someone high profile, but they may achieve sucess before going and more of ten that not a high profile manager will raise the profile and the club which inturn bring more income with it.

Let's be bold and take the plunge we have had most success over the years with high profile managers.

Colin Todd - Gash.
Roy Evans - Meh.
Dennis Wise - Good, from the games we saw.
Paul Sturrock - Good.

Notice the common theme? They left shortly after arriving. Sturrock stuck it out the longest (or before getting sacked) and that is not very long at all.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: