Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: **Swindon v Huddersfield Matchday Thread**  (Read 33633 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 18:21:30 »

Why personally insult the bloke?

He's doing a poor job and needs to go, but stupid insults?

Where's the noddy head smiley? In fact, how do you use smilies in the Quick Reply thing at all? But anyway, what Hertha said.

The OP says far more about the poster than Malpas imo
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 18:29:11 »

Come on DRS it's obvious what the general theme of comment towards MM was on Saturday.  I'm quite confident the geezer wasn't trying to exchange pleasantries.  A lot of the arkells fans of late have been tossers.

In any disagreement the general rule is not to get personal.....i had a manager a few years back who tried to bully me at work..... i never bit and followed a set complaints procedure.

All was going ok.....then he got personal during a meeting and said unsavoury suggestions about my marriage breakup and my daughter.........i held the cxxt up by his throat til he apologised.

If I saw Malpas i would simply tell him that i didnt think he was doing a good job and follow it up with 400 different reasons....but...i wouldnt get personal,,,,thats just wrong.

Clems Army!
dell boy

« Reply #272 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 18:54:15 »

Come on DRS it's obvious what the general theme of comment towards MM was on Saturday.  I'm quite confident the geezer wasn't trying to exchange pleasantries.  A lot of the arkells fans of late have been tossers.

But you didn't have to sit through it Jan, you were off having a jolly in Scotty. The fans had every right to have a go at the so called manager on that performance.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 19:23:47 »

the best thing in the arkells is the high pitched bloke who shouts "come on swindon" or "come on you reds"
always gets a laugh from people sat near him

At least he gets behind the team tbf

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
swindon-chap

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 20:01:22 »

All I have to say is...Thank fuck we're away next weekend.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 08:26:17 »

Where's the noddy head smiley? In fact, how do you use smilies in the Quick Reply thing at all?

Only way I've found is to preview the post, then you can add a smiley.  Not that I'm anything but an IT ignoramus.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 08:27:06 »

Don't use quick reply.

It's All Good..............
flammableBen

« Reply #277 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 08:39:41 »

You can remember the codes for your favourite ones.

:cunt:
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 12:34:02 »

You can remember the codes for your favourite ones.

:cunt:
Tried that, typing them in directly doesn't work. As in the post above for example. Although when I tried it with :cunt: in this one it did. Damn. I think the problem is I'm just thick
my-velocity

« Reply #279 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 14:13:19 »

I know exactly what i heard Malpas calling a fan an arsehole. The fan wasn't swearing or calling him any imature names or owt, he was just stating that he has got no clue how to be a manager what so ever and that he should go.
If you're a manager, you really can't be calling fans names like that.
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 21:45:36 »

I really don't get all this doom and gloom. Maurice is clearly correct, we are going in the right direction. TEFers, things are getting better.

1. Applause was ringing around the CG.  OK it was for that poor kiddie before the game, but it showed that we can still do it - that feel good factor is very, very nearly back.
2. Super Mo's made us laugh again by picking those defenders:  Amankwaah - Ifil - Morrison - Smith.  And then making them play blindfold.  Brilliant, but even the best jokes wear thin - what will he come up with next?  Who said football was dull?
3. The pre-match huddle.  Compared to our poor effort against Millwall this was blinding: togetherness, purpose and passion.  Proof that those who say they do nothing on the training ground all week are so wrong - you think that comes together by chance?
4.  The weather again.  Another glorious day at the temple.  Remember, it was just a year or two ago that Luggy whinged and moaned every week about the wind ruining the spectacle.  It shows Mozzer knows his priorities, and clearly has the Big Man upstairs in his pocket.
5. We only conceded one goal from a corner, one from a hopeful through ball and one from a random counter attack.  Other than that, and one or two close shaves, we completely and utterly kept our widely tipped for promotion opponents at bay.
6. The increasing patience of some of our more challenging followers.  Well done chaps.  I barely noticed any "we want Malpas out" chants until we were two down, and even these meek protests were quickly hushed by the librarians.  I confidently predict we'll be four down next time round before there's even an "ahem, anyone remember St Andrews?".
7. My ticket was just four numbers out from winning the HT draw.  I've not been that close when we've had so called superior managers.  I'm sure it would be my day if only the golden hand of MM himself could draw the ticket.....next time?
8. It took eleven whole men to eventually defeat our mighty heroes.  Not ten.  Eleven!  I can't remember the last time I was able to say that.

Of course, I could go on, but I have work to do.  I've heard whispers from connections that some doomers in the big town have concerns about a 'credit crunch'. Pah.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 21:48:10 »

Very good Christy....do you write for the adver!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 21:52:46 »

No, as Christy didn't feel the need to reprint the usual post match bollocks about learning lessons.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 21:54:28 »

Jack smith got MOM from the adver!!!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 21:57:00 »

I really don't get all this doom and gloom. Maurice is clearly correct, we are going in the right direction. TEFers, things are getting better.

1. Applause was ringing around the CG.  OK it was for that poor kiddie before the game, but it showed that we can still do it - that feel good factor is very, very nearly back.
2. Super Mo's made us laugh again by picking those defenders:  Amankwaah - Ifil - Morrison - Smith.  And then making them play blindfold.  Brilliant, but even the best jokes wear thin - what will he come up with next?  Who said football was dull?
3. The pre-match huddle.  Compared to our poor effort against Millwall this was blinding: togetherness, purpose and passion.  Proof that those who say they do nothing on the training ground all week are so wrong - you think that comes together by chance?
4.  The weather again.  Another glorious day at the temple.  Remember, it was just a year or two ago that Luggy whinged and moaned every week about the wind ruining the spectacle.  It shows Mozzer knows his priorities, and clearly has the Big Man upstairs in his pocket.
5. We only conceded one goal from a corner, one from a hopeful through ball and one from a random counter attack.  Other than that, and one or two close shaves, we completely and utterly kept our widely tipped for promotion opponents at bay.
6. The increasing patience of some of our more challenging followers.  Well done chaps.  I barely noticed any "we want Malpas out" chants until we were two down, and even these meek protests were quickly hushed by the librarians.  I confidently predict we'll be four down next time round before there's even an "ahem, anyone remember St Andrews?".
7. My ticket was just four numbers out from winning the HT draw.  I've not been that close when we've had so called superior managers.  I'm sure it would be my day if only the golden hand of MM himself could draw the ticket.....next time?
8. It took eleven whole men to eventually defeat our mighty heroes.  Not ten.  Eleven!  I can't remember the last time I was able to say that.

Of course, I could go on, but I have work to do.  I've heard whispers from connections that some doomers in the big town have concerns about a 'credit crunch'. Pah.

quality

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: