Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 10 game malpas decisions  (Read 10503 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 20:44:08 »

He literally meant owen coyle lives on a shoe string ronnie. He did not mention budget,godsake ronnie get with it eh
Sorry DRS!
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 11:09:29 »

I went to Hartlepool and yes the first half performance was good. However when we went 3-0 up, Wilson changed it tactically and Malpas just did not know what to do to counter it. This is a regular occurance- tactically he is clueless and cannot cope with it when the opposition decide to change things.

Rich Pullen

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 11:18:45 »

I went to Hartlepool and yes the first half performance was good. However when we went 3-0 up, Wilson changed it tactically and Malpas just did not know what to do to counter it. This is a regular occurance- tactically he is clueless and cannot cope with it when the opposition decide to change things.

I went too (quite close to you I believe) and personally, I thought that tactically we were okay against Hartlepool... It was basic defensive errors that denied us 3 points. It's not the most comfortable football to watch as a fan but we were absorbing the pressure quite well I thought - However it was our inability to get the ball out of the box and a bad goalkeeping error (or Peacock in the wall!) cost us.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 11:21:20 »

Fair enough shout Bart.....but you cant be tactical on individual errors,his tactics were spot on for 50 mins...he didnt need to change them..we were 3 up and on 82 mins were 3-1 up untill Smiths gaffe....although v Leeds his tactics were awfull.
Well done on going up to Pool as well.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 11:26:46 »

Any of our Scotch ancestors think that some of the lower league managers would be worth a punt aka Owen Coyle now at Burnley who is doing a fantastic job in the Chumpship on a shoestring?

That Gordon Chisolm at Queen of the South seems to be winning the plaudits over at the moment and had an impressive run at Dundee before it went a bit sour.

TBH Dazz I'm not sure appointing another "unknown to the masses" Scottish manager is worthwhile.  The kj supporters wouldn't be happy and would probably give the new guy a month to prove his worth if not he'd be disliked and crucified for every decision.

I'm completely fed up with all things STFC at the moment, I'm relieved I won't be at the Hudders match on Saturday as I feel I'd probably not be able to keep my call amidst all the rubbish shouts that are bounded about. 

At this time I really am struggling with my faith as it were, and it has nothing to do with the standard of football on show at the CG, nothing at all.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 11:38:11 »

I think Gordon Chisholm would be a interesting appointment. He failed to do the business at Dundee United though despite a good start... However, his work at Queen of the South has been impressive.

Unless I'm wrong, I think this is the same Chisholm who played at the back for Sunderland (alongside one Barry Venison) in the early 80's. He scored the own goal that won Norwich the League Cup.

[EDIT]

But what Jan says is true... Chisholm would ignite the "who?" comments and we'd be going around in circles.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 11:40:52 by Rich Pullen » Logged
Dazzza

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 12:25:32 »

Coyle has done well and when you compare his spending to the rest of the Chumpship it's down the lower end of the scale and clearly subsidised by player sales rather than cash.  T-Burnley always remind me of a side that were in the same position as we are now 10 years ago and have clawed their way out to become the perennial Championship bottom sniffers.

Most of it has been build off the back of fairly astute choices of gaffer rather than hard currency. 

SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 12:54:45 »

I could name several managers that would be great appointments, but again, as Jan said, there are far too many mongs amongst our support who would whinge if we dont appoint Jose Mourinho as our next manager.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
JPC82

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 12:56:35 »

I could name several managers that would be great appointments, but again, as Jan said, there are far too many mongs amongst our support who would whinge if we dont appoint Jose Mourinho as our next manager.

no that wont happen mate, we couldnt pay Inter the compensation, let alone Mourinhos wages
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 12:58:49 »

no that wont happen mate, we couldnt pay Inter the compensation, let alone Mourinhos wages

Really?!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 12:59:44 »

fuck sake, Fitton Out!
JPC82

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 13:02:46 »

Really?!

yeah definately, maybe we could get Juande Ramos?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 13:05:19 »

If something did happen then I think next time whether it be an experienced manager or a young up and coming manager they would need to be known to encourage bums on seats otherwise attendances could drop which would mean less money coming in - look at the effect it had when we appointed Wise and Sturrock to a degree people suddenly became interested due to us having a big name manager.

Remember there is probably still a lot of people to pay their 2nd half S/T's, if the current run continues there may be some that will not bother which will mean more lost revenue, they club need to be encouraging more people to attend.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 13:07:34 »

Does the wages of a big name manager get covered by the increased attendance?!
JPC82

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 13:11:02 »

Does the wages of a big name manager get covered by the increased attendance?!

any big name manager will be clued up to have a clause in his contract getting a certain % of attendances
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: