Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 10 game malpas decisions  (Read 10500 times)

Ignore
« on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 13:04:20 »

i was one who said i'd decide after 10 games on malpas's progress and if he should go or not.as saturday reaches that point i still change my mind from one day to the next.i honestly dont know what i think is for the best.
a win saturday and i think i'll want to stick with him a little longer in the hope that it gets better.a defeat saturday and i think i will be against him keeping his job.
basicly it's a fucking tough call to make.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 6, 2008, 13:06:59 by arriba » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 13:11:12 »

A Malpas thread, no way  Wink

On that note I see Mike Newell has been appointed Grimsby manager, another one missed?
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 13:12:13 »

Totally agree Arriba.  Early part of last week I had made up my mind that he needed to go. But the fact that he actually managed to get a reaction from the players on Friday night was in many ways more important than the result or the fact that we still cant defend for shit.  Getting a bit of fight into them was more important

Most wont see it that way, but again performance and commitment is more important than the result on saturday for me.  If we play well or even Ok and lose /draw but fight for it it will show me that the players at least respect him enough to perform

The part of me that says give him more time if we win on Saturday fears that it will just be delaying the inevitable though.  
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 13:12:56 »

On that note I see Mike Newell has been appointed Grimsby manager, another one missed?

Handt seen that. good appiontment for Grimbsy that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 13:19:04 »

Good appointment.

Though with his Luton whistle blowing I think I'd rather he stayed away from the STFC cupboard until Fitton has reached the back of it to check for skeletons.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 13:20:24 »

a win saturday and i think i'll want to stick with him a little longer in the hope that it gets better.a defeat saturday and i think i will be against him keeping his job.
basicly it's a fucking tough call to make.

Totally agree.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 13:33:34 »

no related to Malpas in anyway but another managers opinions on boo boys

http://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10266~1413794,00.html
Dazzza

« Reply #7 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 13:51:10 »

Mike Newell has League two form akin to Glitter in Cambodia.  Remember poor old Hartlepool and the 16 point lead he managed to bungle after Chris Turner buggered off?

They still won promotion but it was some big bollock to drop.

Plus he moans like an old fishwife.

As for Big Mo I can't see any candidate that jump off the page that you would replace him except the same old faces sat on the managerial merry go round.  The alternative is to opt for an unknown in terms of a good number two or a retiring/recently retired “big name” but it’s a dodgy old game.  Despite reputations lord knows what sort of clown you could end up with.

Stick with Maurice, show some faith and give him every chance to get it right with as mush support that can be mustered.  If he doesn’t pull anything out of the sack in the next 5 games and we’re sat in the relegation zone then panic but otherwise he’s a safe as houses.

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 13:54:02 »

Booing during the match is pathetic, does not but spur on the other team.  I'm convinced of that.
fatbury

« Reply #9 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 14:07:29 »

On replacement manager front - I see young Nigel has steered Burton Albion to 4th now
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 14:34:17 »

On replacement manager front - I see young Nigel has steered Burton Albion to 4th now

Clough seems to lack ambition, many league chairman have inquired about him but he has stuck with Burton as he has an easy job there.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 14:36:35 »

Or perhaps its this mythical 'loyalty' we all seem so desperate for

Things get better but they never get good
fatbury

« Reply #12 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 14:52:09 »

the interview I saw last week suggested he would be interested in the right job .. surely hes not waiting for the Forest one tho !!
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #13 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 15:03:02 »

Fuck clough he is a twat
dell boy

« Reply #14 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 15:12:57 »

A loss against Hereford tonight and a home defeat against Huddersfield then a press conference called for Monday morning imo.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: