Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: on the basis that....  (Read 10346 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 09:45:27 »

Colin Calderwood has lost the dressing room and the fans at the City Ground.  Isn't that what the jocks were telling us about MM when he was appointed??  It's a no go for me, even if MM does decide to resign (Fitton will not sack him).
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 11:39:57 »

erm, top of the league and shit? think I'd settle for that at this present moment and it least we'd have something to talk about other than malpas future...or would we...he'd be a sought after manager if we were top ;-) and as for outbattling them in the middle of the park-therein my friend lies one of the many problems.....imho

That was not a throwaway comment.  I live in Leicester, have seen Leicester play and know loads of Leicester season ticket holders.  One thing we all agree on is Leicester are a bit shit (not really shit, but a bit shit).  The thing is this division is shit...so only being a bit shit may be enought to win the title Smiley

Your point about outbattling in the middle of the park being a problem is sadly accurate.

Oh, and yep, damn right I'd settle for being shit and top of the league.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Spencer_White

« Reply #62 on: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 14:21:33 »

They destroyed Cheltenham 4-0 at Whadon Road, 2 weeks after we were well beat there.

Theyve just got different standards having not been down here before. This is quite a good league. The 2005-05 league when Colchester and Southend went up werent nothing special though.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 15:48:11 »

Well the wife could see no difference in the standard between Hereford vs Swindon and Leyton Orient vs Leicester, and to be honest neither could I.  The bottom line as far as I can see is no team in this league is any good, which makes our poor start even more frustrating.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Spencer_White

« Reply #64 on: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 16:10:35 »

Come on, Leeds beat us easily with 10 men. Weve had a poor start because we are shit. Its frustrating that we are wasting good forwards on shit defenders, but that is it, you win and loose as a team and overall we are crap. Hereford are the only team that have made us look comfortable at the back, and we still conceeded a goal.

Il wait until I see Oldham, Leicester and Scunthorpe before I judge them. But I would suggest they are a fair bit better than us.

We need to realise were not as good as we thought we were, then we can get a decent mentality back on the terraces and get behind the team.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 16:13:02 by Spencer_White » Logged
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 17:08:37 »

We need to realise were not as good as we thought we were, then we can get a decent mentality back on the terraces and get behind the team.
Good point, well made.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 17:17:07 »

I dont think its that much of a valid point because we were better last year with mainly the same players.

Those expect us to suddenly become a top 6 side are obviously setting their sights too high but the players we have are capable of getting us to mid table.

I guess whether you need to realise we arent as good as we thought, depends how good you think we are....
Spencer_White

« Reply #67 on: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 17:21:13 »

Its the defensive unit that have deteriorated.

You cant talk, you seem to think Jack Smith is a top class full back!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 17:25:29 »

So are you telling me im deluded because I think we can be a mid table team. Should I set my expectations lower than that?
dell boy

« Reply #69 on: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 17:28:32 »

So are you telling me im deluded because I think we can be a mid table team. Should I set my expectations lower than that?

My expectations were a run at the play-offs, now they are for a long hard relegation battle and hoping we might survive by the skin of our teeth, because there are three or four sides in this division who are shit.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 17:31:55 »

Now, personally I never thought we were good enough for a run at the play offs. I think if we wanted to acheive that this season we would have spent a bit more money and offered higher wages.

All I wanted/expect from this season was progression from last season. More points and a higher league finish. I think rightly or wrongly our current playing squad is capable of that.

A few decent results and hopefully the confidence will come back. We havent had a major over haul in the summer so to me our squad should be playing to the same standard they managed last season.

Unless Comminges really was the man!
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #71 on: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 17:38:40 »

Who are those 3 or 4 sides dellboy?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #72 on: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 18:10:53 »

My expectations were that we'd make improvements to set up the promotion push for a subsequent season(s). In truth, I was hoping for a top 10 finish, but doubted we'd not get into the top 7.

dell boy

« Reply #73 on: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 18:14:15 »

Cheltenham
Hereford
Crewe

I think the current bottom seven will fight out the relegation so add
Yeovil
Leyton Orient
Swindon
Colchester

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 18:19:22 »

i think we are not bad enough to be in a relegation scrap.the side is deffo not achieving what it should be currently though
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: