Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: malpas in or out  (Read 9584 times)
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 21:49:44 »

In for the time being.
dell boy

« Reply #16 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 21:50:42 »

Just take this report from ThisIs:

Just got back to my brother's place in Durham and I can honestly say tonight was bloody awful - 3 nil flattered us - still I was was more than happy with the score line despite being second best for most of the game.
P Smith was diabolical yet again in goal and can't believe he is still being picked over Brez. Brez makes one mistake and is dropped Smithy has now made a string of mistake costing us dearly and is still in the team why?
We are a team that has absolutely no confidence and the question has to be asked why given the obvious ability of some of our players.
Surely someone should be saying to Malpas that his half time talks are clearly a disaster, so why don't they keep him away from the players?
First half we were lucky as we caught them on the break on three seperate occasions and scored other than that they were by far the superior side.
Second half they made a few tactical changes and upped their game and they were superb and we looked like the team we had seen all season, desperate.
This team has a major problem as it obviously lacks self belief in its own ability. Players who are usually so consistant in the way they used to perform seem to be lacking the confidence. Once they scored we simply fell apart and Malpas never had a clue has to how to change things round.
The man is a clown, we desperately need someone who can give clear direction in how to adapt when required even when we are playing poorly as we did tonight.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 21:53:51 »

Have to say Dell, that sounds a very different summary from the very positive reports from the radio
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 21:56:05 »

6 more games

That will take us to 15 in the league and 1 more in the cup.

No improvements by then....well.....
Spencer_White

« Reply #19 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 21:56:40 »

Yeah, but they do big up Swindon to keep you listening?

And the radio were very critical of Malpas' late Smith/Casal substitution.
dell boy

« Reply #20 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 21:56:56 »

Have to say Dell, that sounds a very different summary from the very positive reports from the radio
Fair enough, I didn't listen to the match on the radio, thank God ... if I had it would now be broken into incee weenie teenie little pieces.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 21:59:23 »

Fair enough, I didn't listen to the match on the radio, thank God ... if I had it would now be broken into incee weenie teenie little pieces.
Our cat fucked off half way through the second half and hasn't been seen since. She obviously knew what was coming.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 22:01:50 »

It seems like alot of things went missing during the second half then Pauld.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 22:03:22 »

It seems like alot of things went missing during the second half then Pauld.
I'm blaming the lack of drums
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 22:04:00 »

Your cat likes drums then?
sonic youth

« Reply #25 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 22:11:24 »

i think town missed my cat tonight.

(my cat's name is digby, geddit?)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #26 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 22:14:40 »

We could be in the bottom 3 tomorow
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 22:20:07 »

We could be in the bottom 3 tomorow
And Hull could be in the top 4 come Sunday evening. But we all know they won't be playing in Europe next season
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #28 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 22:25:00 »

Wigan did, anyway just pointing it out. Fwiw i would not want malpas gone when it sounds like we showed grit,heart etc but most said give him 10 games and that wont show happy reading will it
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 23:05:15 »

But we don't do the same at home Deano. You can bet they'll be low on confidence next week again and turn out a poor performance. I was prepared to give MM 4 games after Leeds so he has got 1 more in my eyes (that doesn't include cups) so if we lose next week i'm going to have to say it's time to look elsewhere sadly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: