Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Glazier in control of Man U  (Read 4480 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 11:20:12 »

Quote from: "janaage"
You can't deny watching matches when Cantona was on the pitch was sheer entertainment, the man was superb.  Even when he lost it, he lost it with a certain gallic style.  Legend in my book.

Well I did call him a gifted dirty dusgusting whingeing moaning twat, I do give credit where it's due!
Piemonte

« Reply #31 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 11:23:48 »

Totally agree with OST, theres nowt to like about Man U.

Makes me chuckle how all their fans ar so opposed to them being a PLC now, didnt hear them complaining when it gave them the money to become the richest club in the world. Cunts.

And cantonas a cunt. I still havnt fogiven him for stamping on John Moncur.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 11:27:04 »

I have to admit, the funniest thing I ever seen in football (apart from when Delia went on the pitch half pissed) was when Cantona drop kicked that Palace fan.

Gold Cool
Amir

« Reply #33 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 12:06:31 »

So does no one on here worry that he wants to break the collective agreement on TV rights?

Yeovil, I think it's supposed to be FC Manchester.  However, I'm sure their will be a long and sustained big to get rid of Glazer before that happens.  Are the United lot you know complete pissheads? Dressers but not lads?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 12:19:54 »

I must admit I've never worried about that before, I usually worry about other stuff like have I got some potentially life threatening illness.  But now you've given me something else to worry about.
Amir

« Reply #35 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 12:25:51 »

Yes, very good.  Seems strange no one has mentioned it given the implications for lower league clubs.  

On another note The Spice of Bengal is rank.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 12:31:42 »

Quote from: "Amir Khan"
Yes, very good.  Seems strange no one has mentioned it given the implications for lower league clubs.  

What are the implications then?  I aint thick or owt, I just haven't read much about this whole Glazer thing.
Amir

« Reply #37 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 12:49:51 »

However, BBC business editor Jeff Randall believes Malcolm Glazer's takeover bid for Manchester United could have implications for all football clubs.

Glazer, the US tycoon who owns the Tampa Bay Buccaneers American Football team, has won control of the club after securing the stake owned by JP McManus and John Magnier.

If the fans staged a really effective protest and the stadium was half empty or worse then it would really hit him in the pocket

BBC business editor Jeff Randall

He now has more than 70% of the club and wants to buy the rest of United's shares.

"The key point of Glazer's business plan is football television rights," said Randall.

"If United can break with the Premier League collective agreement and negotiate on their own then maybe they can jack up their income.

"Glazer has stumped up £300m of his own money but he has borrowed another £270m on top of that."

Randall said Glazer could have invested in other businesses to make money but had clearly spotted an opportunity with Manchester United.

But Randall added: "If Glazer is going to make a commercial return then he has to make United work much harder than it has been working.

"Clearly the TV rights is a way of doing it. But if United get more out of the TV rights, then others are going to get less because I don't think Sky will pay more to everybody.

"If Man Utd get more I suspect the likes of Norwich and West Brom will get less.

Not just Norwich and West Brom though, also the money that filters down the league.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 12:52:15 »

A bit like the deal in Scotland where those Irish and Imperialistic bastards steal most of the money and let the rest of the country's footie teams suffer.  Fucking Weggie cunts!
Piemonte

« Reply #39 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 13:18:55 »

I dont see how that will affect lower league clubs like ourselves. I think it may end up in the top 5 or 6 clubs deciding to negotiate their own TV deals and the premier league telling them to fuck off. This would probablly be the start of a european super league being set up.

I can see a lot of fans of those clubs getting pissed off with the big business of top european football and settling for something not as good but more "real" ie lower league football.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 13:22:50 »

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

On your side note Amir, The Spice of Bengal is not rank, it's the best curry house around here.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 14:00:08 »

Hmmm....I can't really see that would effect good old STFC either, seeing as how we get fuck all in TV money anyway!
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 14:37:34 »

this came out pretty quick! have a play of it...

http://www.mousebreaker.com/games/malcolm/play.php
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 16:31:08 »

I don't hate Man U.
I don't hate Man U fans.

I hate Man U "fans". :?

They buy a shirt, proudly parade it around the town when United win and hide it when they don't, and say I'm a real fan, I tried to go to a game but couldn't get a ticket. Hmm....

I spend ridiculous amounts of money watching Swindon, I go and watch them as often as is possible, and am proud to wear the shirt whether we win draw or lose.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: