Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Glazier in control of Man U  (Read 4478 times)
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 12, 2005, 22:34:55 »

I dont hate Utd and don't understand the whole Manure thing,this Glazier prick is a twat and more of a threat to football than the whole franchise fc fiasco.Utd get stick because of their part time supporters  but i know West country lads who love that club and go to every single match.If they are glory boys then fair play to them it costs them a lot of cash.

Didn't the UTD fans association say they would start Real Manchester or something if Glazier took over?Lets see if they're all mouth and trousers.

/
W56196272
Rossi

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 12, 2005, 22:38:41 »

So what does this takeover actually mean? Just that he's entitled to all of the profit made or what?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 09:12:34 »

If Glazer can get to 75% ownership of the shares, he can delist the company from the stock exchange. He can also transfer his personal debt into MUFC - I assume this is only the debt involved with purchasing the club. It is estimated he has 70% already and risisng!

If he so wishes he can attempt to get 90% and then the remaining 10% will be available to him under compulsary purchase. This is English business law.

So in fact he will purchase the club with a (US) bank loan, and the transfer the loan debt to the culb  :shock:

Whilst I have a little sympathy, the United board took this risk of going PLC, took the riches and invested in the club and infrastructure, and gained the rewards through success (financial and silverware).

They can hardly complain when the same business setup works against them. Its the risk you take.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 09:17:43 »

I'm with Yeovil on this, I don't understand the whole anti-Utd feeling.  In my view it's just jealously.  In the late 80's, 90's no one hated Utd, then just cos the had a successful period in the 90's everyone starts hating them.  Winds me up when non-footballing people hate them too, what's that all about.

In Scotland least everyone hates Rangers and Celtic because they rob the smaller clubs of an decent players then play them in their reserves and are both non Scottish clubs.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 09:27:42 »

Generally I hate Utd because of Fergie and Keane.

Fergie because he just thinks he has the right to be the best - and has imparted that mentality onto his team.

Keane because I think he is the most over-rated player in the Premiership's history, and because he is a viscious, careless, wreckless (though I hesitate to use this word in particular, because wreckless implies he doesn't mean to injure players, when we all know that in actual fact he does) individual.

Though I cannot argue with the talent Fergie has brought through from the youth system.

With regards Glazier, he seems like an evil little parasite, and looks set do the direct opposite for Man Utd as to what Abramovich has done for Chelski.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 09:35:31 »

I loved Spence's comment about his beard, excellent description.  A 1860's look.  Ha ha.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 09:36:58 »

ba da ba ba ba im lovin it
Sussex

« Reply #22 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 09:52:39 »

I like the way he wears his trousers in a Simon Cowellesque way.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 09:53:39 »

Sussex, isn't there another thread you should be replying to young man.  Piemonte's asked you a question.
Sussex

« Reply #24 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 09:55:14 »

Oh, I'll have a look..
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 10:01:40 »

Quote from: "janaage"
I'm with Yeovil on this, I don't understand the whole anti-Utd feeling.  In my view it's just jealously.  In the late 80's, 90's no one hated Utd, then just cos the had a successful period in the 90's everyone starts hating them.  Winds me up when non-footballing people hate them too, what's that all about.

In Scotland least everyone hates Rangers and Celtic because they rob the smaller clubs of an decent players then play them in their reserves and are both non Scottish clubs.

In the 80's and 90's plenty hated ManUre, an example being, how when they were up on an illegal payments charge similar to ours, it was dropped by the football authorities when Louis Edwards died.

The way the arrogance of assuming they should win the league, yet kept on failing despite their wealth was a source of huge amusement, especially as with each failure their gates would dwindle off to 28, 29000......now of course we'd be very happy with that...it wasn't until  the advent of the Prem all the cards were so stacked in their favour that they could finally win the league.....and so attract the glory hunters.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 10:29:58 »

the future is bleek for man u. i cant contain my delight!  Cheesy
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 11:01:05 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
ManUre deserve everything they get, then some.......I was  interested to hear that Glazer presented the Tampa Bay authorities with an ultimatum....build me a stadium or I move the Franchise......they built him a new stadium.

In fairness though Reg, that's common practice in the States, it happens all the time.

I want to know exactly what he's going to do that's going to have such a cataclysmic effect on Man U in particular and football in general.  Is he going to build a massive pirate ship on the Stretford End or something like they've done in Tampa?

I am certainly not jealous of Man U, but I do genuinely dislike the the club.  Over the years they've had some genuinely dislikeable people playing for/managing them such as:

1. Ferguson - Whinging moaning twat
2. Paul Ince - Whinging moaning twat
3. Mark Hughes - Whinging moaning twat
4. Gary Pallister - Whinging moaning twat
5. Peter Schmeichel -  Whinging moaning twat
6. Steve Bruce - Whinging moaning twat
7. The Neville sisters - Whinging moaning twats
8. Roy Keane - Dirty disgusting whinging moaning twat
10. Cantona - Gifted dirty disgusting whinging moaning twat
11. Stam/Silvestre - Whinging moaning twats who look like Easter Island heads.

And don't even get me started on their vast army of fairweather/armchair fans.

So in conclusion: Man Utd.  WHAT'S TO FUCKING LIKE?Huh?Huh?Huh?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 11:08:00 »

I'm no expert on American gridiron, but it interested me from an STFC point of view, our board should threaten to move to Basingstoke, unless the SBC pulls its finger out.

Recall the fella when we played ManUre in the Prem, who chinned Hughes as he tried to get the ball for a throw in.....also some of their fans kicked off because of JAF aeroplane celebration.......tossers.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 11:17:41 »

You can't deny watching matches when Cantona was on the pitch was sheer entertainment, the man was superb.  Even when he lost it, he lost it with a certain gallic style.  Legend in my book.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: