Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Aljofree-Leading by example!!!  (Read 4007 times)
SWINRICH

« on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 14:26:27 »

www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/display.var.2454497.0.we_are_scared_to_play_here.php

You shouldn't be a pro if you cannot put up with a bit of stick from fans who pay their hard earned money to watch a game. These comments are Andy King Esque and Hasney is losing the plot and this is our captain.
flammableBen

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 14:34:06 »

Have they just re-edited the one from this morning and put a slightly different slant on it?
dell boy

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 14:34:57 »

Have they just re-edited the one from this morning and put a slightly different slant on it?

Yes
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 14:55:48 »

He basically read my post and agreed wtih it then? Wink

http://thetownend.com/index.php/topic,30577.0.html

sharper

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 15:52:43 »

I back Hasney 100%.  Been to every game this season and he has just been made a scapegoat for some poor performances.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 15:55:46 »

I agree that he has been made scape goat on occasions this year, but I am 100% baffled why a professional footballer, a captain too, would come out and say that he and his players are scared to play at home.  Crazy statement to make, they should mentally stronger than that, ready for a fight everytime they step on the pitch, not worrying about upsetting town fans, by making a mistake.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 15:57:05 »

its just his way of trying to get the fans to support the team....
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 15:59:45 »

Is it?  Fucking hell, think he should have engaged brain before speaking then.  I don't mind Hasney at all, but I am disappointed with these quotes.  Not a lot, but enough.
Red End Street

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 16:01:41 »

I back Hasney 100%.  Been to every game this season and he has just been made a scapegoat for some poor performances.

======================================================================

Well he certainly plays like a goat

Better Red Than Yellow

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 16:01:59 »

i think it's pretty obvious the players are scared of playing at home. imagine how jpm must feel, hearing abuse from town fans whilst running along the touchline for instance.
you are never going to get the best out of players if they are out of confidence,and frightend of abuse from the fans of their team.that is where we are at the moment though
sharper

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 16:04:27 »

To be honest, knowing the Adver as it is today, I wouldnt be suprised if they have put words into his mouth to some extent to make a readable story out of nothing.

Saying this there is a concern that at the County Ground, some fans are very quick to get on players back for one mislayed pass etc.  This only leads to that player playing the safe option next time they have the ball i.e. going back to the keeper, rather than playing a defence spilting ball which could create a goal, but a few times not quite reach its destination and get intercepted or go to the keeper.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 16:05:17 »

You do wonder that if the abuse continues from the fans how will that effect players like JPM, will they think who gives a fuck, if STFC go down I can put in a transfer request and be gone, or do they think, I'm gonna give it my all and turn this around.  If a few go for option A we could be in a shit load of trouble.  
flammableBen

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 16:06:32 »

"I think it may be a bit of a belief that's missing,"

There's a reason why we're not winning here - it's not like no-one knows - I think we're a bit scared to play, worried about letting the fans down and worried about letting ourselves down.

"You've seen that there was nothing really in the (Millwall) game, but we just didn't even produce, especially in the first half.

"But it's a strange feeling to have. I've never had this in my career before where the lads are scared to play at home."

"It might take the lads to show a bit of courage and not be afraid to lose the ball in areas where they might get punished.

"We can do it - in the first game of the season against Tranmere we took the game to them and beat them convincingly. So we can do it, it's just a fact of one, two, three results which aren't helping anyone's confidence.

"There's loads of clubs who go through it. Look at the highest level and look at Newcastle - they're going through a tough time and it's for reasons like confidence.

"If you're a confident person you're alright, but there's an afraid-ness at the moment, not through lack of effort, and it's certainly nothing to do with the manager.

"The manager does everything for us and we work hard during the week, it's just the 11 lads who go out on a Saturday need to be brave enough and bold enough to not be scared by the fans."

It's generally worth reading what the players said without the editorial bits, especially when it's apperently the second article the adver has got out of the same interview. Does look like he actually stops short of blaming the fans.

Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 16:15:43 »

You do wonder that if the abuse continues from the fans how will that effect players like JPM, will they think who gives a fuck, if STFC go down I can put in a transfer request and be gone, or do they think, I'm gonna give it my all and turn this around.  If a few go for option A we could be in a shit load of trouble.  

I think we are already in trouble,something needs to be done maybe a statement from Fitton saying to the fans get off the players back and let them do there job,maybe the fans will listen to Mr Fitton rather than malpas.I cant see a quick fix here any other way to be honest.

I also think malpas should stop players talking to the press for a while,this just fan's the flames in my opinion.The last time fitton made a statement last season it shut the fans up and we started picking up points.The only other option is to remove management,would that get the fans off the players backs tho. 
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 16:45:38 »

In most other jobs if your customers were rude and abusive to you, you wouldnt give a fuck or put in any extra effort.

I think its clear alot of players are thinking if im just going to get abuse why bother. Like you said jan they can bugger off any time they want....they dont care its a job to them.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: