Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Malpas Won't Go Without A Fight...  (Read 1492 times)
STFC_Gazza

« on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 19:39:53 »

Doing some research on Malpas leaving Motherwell I discovered these articles....

ALSO LISTEN TO MM: Saying "better people will kick me out of here, you can boo me all you want, if they want to give me a gripe, ill give them a gripe" (Around 1:25): http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/sol/newsid_6650000/newsid_6650300/6650387.stm?bw=bb&mp=rm&news=1&ms3=4&ms_javascript=true&bbcws=2

“I’ll never give in — fans can shout abuse at me but if they think it’s going to chase me out of the club, they want to get a reality check as they don’t know me.

“Of course the demonstration on Saturday was hurtful, especially for my family who were at the game, but the boo-boys don’t help us at all.

“The majority of fans are brand new and different class and this is nothing against them. It’s a small minority we have to get rid of or who have to change their mindset.

“We were fighting for our lives against St Mirren but the support was poor when the players needed backing. I can understand them being upset but during the game they have to support the team.

“The result was disappointing but I’m far more disappointed with the crowd because they didn’t support us when we needed it. At 2-0 everything was fine but when the score went to 2-2 the fans changed instantly.

http://iclanarkshire.icnetwork.co.uk/football/motherwellfc/tm_headline=defiant-malpas-will-battle-on%26method=full%26objectid=19163507%26siteid=50144-name_page.html

http://iclanarkshire.icnetwork.co.uk/football/motherwellfc/tm_headline=x2019-well-set-to-ring-major-changes%26method=full%26objectid=19127461%26siteid=50144-name_page.html

http://iclanarkshire.icnetwork.co.uk/football/motherwellfc/tm_headline=angry-malpas-ready-to-make-changes-after-horror-show%26method=full%26objectid=18962905%26siteid=50144-name_page.html
« Last Edit: Monday, September 29, 2008, 19:43:19 by STFC_Gazza » Logged
JPC82

« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 19:40:53 »

sorry Maurice u wont have much say in the matter soon, tick tock
dell boy

« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 19:43:12 »

sorry Maurice u wont have much say in the matter soon, tick tock
When you lose the players respect, then you lose everything, and that is what we are led to believe. That is right JPC, yes?
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 20:03:40 »

I remember reading a lot of that when he was appointed and I did some research on him then. It bothered me then, but I had really hoped things would be different here.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
sonic youth

« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 20:09:16 »

given the fact he's such a neutral and mild-mannered bloke, it's difficult to imagine people hating him so viciously.  quite bizarre.

obviously thinking he's crap at his job / wanting him sacked is a different kettle of fish but some of the comments sound like he was personally victimised!
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 20:13:21 »

To be fair to the bloke i think he is trying to learn by what happened at motherwell. He used to play long ball and has changed that here imo though he is learning at our expense
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 20:15:51 »

To be fair to the bloke i think he is trying to learn by what happened at motherwell. He used to play long ball and has changed that here imo though he is learning at our expense

I agree with what your saying. Reading some of the Motherwell stuff where he slagged the fans off etc for booing him and taunting them, he has already come out and said he accepts responsibility and trying a different approach so... yes maybe he did learn from the Motherwell experience.
Spencer_White

« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 20:17:00 »

While his interviews are quite good, you could usually put a cardboard cut out in the media room and play last weeks interview.

The only time hes said anything interesting was after Aldershot JPT when he slated the players 'Cup' attitudes and yesterday where he said blame me, not the players.

Hes done wonders to keep his dignity. Hes definately learnt to take a deep breath after Motherwell. But its the football that matters and something will get to him in the end. Sad that it will end like that, but it always does.
dell boy

« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 20:17:06 »

I agree with what your saying. Reading some of the Motherwell stuff where he slagged the fans off etc for booing him and taunting them, he has already come out and said he accepts responsibility and trying a different approach so... yes maybe he did learn from the Motherwell experience.

Let him jog on and learn from another experience elsewhere.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 20:26:57 »

While his interviews are quite good, you could usually put a cardboard cut out in the media room and play last weeks interview.

The only time hes said anything interesting was after Aldershot JPT when he slated the players 'Cup' attitudes and yesterday where he said blame me, not the players.

Hes done wonders to keep his dignity. Hes definately learnt to take a deep breath after Motherwell. But its the football that matters and something will get to him in the end. Sad that it will end like that, but it always does.

I dunno i quite liked last seasons comment, i must have walked over someones grave to get this much bad luck,I would like it to been a bit more cryptic tho like a mourinho esque,I love managers who i love to hate  Cheesy
Spencer_White

« Reply #10 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 20:29:56 »

I wasnt listening last season I have to admit. Lost interest well before then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: