Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: fittons silence  (Read 11478 times)
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 12:36:59 »

If this season was my first season, i'd be thinking there must be better things to do with my weekends than watching the current shower of shit at the County Ground. And i'd be thinking about spending the second installment on doing other things, especially as nothing looks like changing with the current management and the attitude of the players playing for them.

You have summed up my boyfriends feelings!! This is the first full season he has come and he brought a ST - he is thinking about not bothering buying the second part!
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 12:43:11 »

Also new fans must be made to feel welcome not called morons and threatened to be battered all the time.

I very much agree with this ...

And fans who don't show up every week shouldn't be given pasting on forums either. Let's face it, with everything going on in the financial world at the moment, paying for tickets to see a desperate, down-on-their-luck football team isn't going to be the top of everyone's list right now.

Of course, when teams are at least putting the effort it, or even winning, that £20 doesn't seem so much of a hit.

Is that right? Who cares! If they come and pay to watch the team they should be welcomed. If they stay at home we should maybe ask why, but we absolutely shouldn't go on about "fair weather fans" as that isn't really going to help them to come back if they read it, is it?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 12:50:44 »

I know a couple of people who have not paid their 2 half s/t as yet but fully intend to, now I'm assuming that if they turn up at the ticket office after Oct 1 they won't be told...please go away you didn't renew in time you'll have to purcchase a 1/2 ST when they are announced.

I'm sure that there will be plenty of people though that have not paid by Oct 1 due to pay day etc and those that don't read the internet believing they are due to pay in Oct rather than by 1 Oct.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 13:36:24 »

I know a couple of people who have not paid their 2 half s/t as yet but fully intend to, now I'm assuming that if they turn up at the ticket office after Oct 1 they won't be told...please go away you didn't renew in time you'll have to purcchase a 1/2 ST when they are announced.

I'm sure that there will be plenty of people though that have not paid by Oct 1 due to pay day etc and those that don't read the internet believing they are due to pay in Oct rather than by 1 Oct.
It's our understanding that the club intend to take a sensible line on this, they're out to get as many s/t holders as possible, not drive them away by getting all hard and fast on arbitrary deadlines
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 14:30:37 »

The bloke sat next to us against Millwall was saying rather loudly (when Millwall had a free kick on the edge of the area) "see if I was manager I'd be telling them to put the wall on the goal line". Thank God you're not the manager then I thought
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 14:59:40 »

The bloke sat next to us against Millwall was saying rather loudly (when Millwall had a free kick on the edge of the area) "see if I was manager I'd be telling them to put the wall on the goal line". Thank God you're not the manager then I thought

That Jan....................

is fucking ace
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 15:06:54 »

Not at the time it wasn't Fred, especially as it was only a couple of minutes after he let everyone know about the back pass rule "HE CAN'T PICK IT UP, IT'S A BACKPASS, HE CAN'T PICK IT UP!!!!!", he didn't pick it up (even though it wasn't really a back pass, more like a tackle that ended up with the keeper.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 15:25:22 »

Im glad i dont sit by people like that,I must have been good in a previous life.
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 15:35:29 »

I'm not sure if these examples prove that new Swindon fans are generally idiots or if, in fact, it's just that people are idiots.

The person who sat in front of me in the Prem season was a complete helmet who'd nearly have a seizure each time Andy Mutch went near the ball. Idiots have been around for ages.

If, as I suspect, it's the latter then we're screwed. People = Money but also People = Idiots

It's a difficult choice, a ground full of idiots or low attendance figures. And is an idiot always an idiot or does going to watch Swindon for a few seasons cure them of their idiocy?
sonic youth

« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 16:37:23 »

Not at the time it wasn't Fred, especially as it was only a couple of minutes after he let everyone know about the back pass rule "HE CAN'T PICK IT UP, IT'S A BACKPASS, HE CAN'T PICK IT UP!!!!!", he didn't pick it up (even though it wasn't really a back pass, more like a tackle that ended up with the keeper.
sounds familiar to a bloke sat near me on saturday who would shout things like "PASS" or "TACKLE".

so, that's how you play this football game, eh
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 16:41:56 »

My favourite is 'Kick It!'
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 16:45:49 »

Or DRS's mate Rob's constant moan from Sunday: "Push up!"
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 16:47:14 »

'Square It' even though there's no other player on a vaguely similar plane to the one with the ball.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 16:48:04 »

There used to be an old timer in the Town End that always used to shout "PLAY WIDE SWINDON PLAY WIDE".
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 16:56:06 »

I moved away from him for that samdy. Just tell him to shut up
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: