Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: fittons silence  (Read 11490 times)
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #45 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 17:52:08 »

I just don't understand that. It just seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face. If nothing else, they've already paid for more than half of the total cost in return for less than half the season's games.

They probably think "oh we have 240.00 extra to spend for xmas now"
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #46 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 17:54:04 »

I just don't understand that. It just seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face. If nothing else, they've already paid for more than half of the total cost in return for less than half the season's games.

I dont' blame them though in a way, who wants to keep watching crap performance after crap performance? also they probably want to make a point.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 17:56:17 »

what point?

that they are happy clapper fair weather fans who dont actually support the team and will only turn up when we're winning....
lambourn red

« Reply #48 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 17:56:37 »

Still cheaper than those that have paid £20 a game , what I dont understand is if you dont take up the option you still have tickets up to almost XMAS so if you dont pay before 1st October they can not sell tickets for your seat until the Yeovil game. Now if AF gets rid of Malpas in the next couple of weeks and things start to turn around do those people still have the option to get the second half at the cut price or the more expensive price. I paid mine last week as I still think it is good value and I think we owe to AF for saving the club.
STFC Village

« Reply #49 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 18:11:37 »

I think Fitton should come on here, like a modern day Mark 'Flasher' McDevlin
sonic youth

« Reply #50 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 18:27:06 »

fitton should stay silent until he takes action. i don't want a chairman who is always talking and you're never certain.

if fitton only speaks when his actions match his words, that is the mark of a trustworthy man in my opinion.
Spencer_White

« Reply #51 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 19:39:26 »

Quite right....Mr Fitton will decide if and when, the club needs a change of manager, we need to support the team, which includes the gaffer.  If people feel unable to do so, then much better to stay away....have the moaners considered that our backers might not be too impressed with some of our "support"

Welcome to Swindon Town. If we grow another 4,000 fans in the next 3 years then most likely our support will get even worse.

Will be interesting to see at what point we realise we are in for a relegation fight. Usually pulls everyone together a bit. Not Accrington/Chester/Rochdale again. Noooooooooo.
deltaincline

« Reply #52 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 23:17:59 »

fitton should stay silent until he takes action. i don't want a chairman who is always talking and you're never certain.

if fitton only speaks when his actions match his words, that is the mark of a trustworthy man in my opinion.

Fucking well said, Sonic. Fitton will appreciate that fans get lairy during and after shit performances like Sunday's and that forums are bound to go into meltdown as a result. The one thing I expect his lordship to do while we're all slating the players and Malpas though, is for him to keep a level head.

I'm not saying that Malpas should stay or be fucked off, but Fitton shouldn't be making a hasty decision right now.

I'm pissed off with Malpas and the shit performances by players in his side who should be fucking ashamed of accepting Fittons money in their wage packets. Fitton should be left to sort the situation out in his own way, and in his own time though.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 09:24:05 »

*Deltaincline in rational post shock*

FWIW mate I completely agree with you !
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 11:11:03 »

As I see it, we have in Mr Fitton a chairman who knows how many beans make five. Not just in an astute businessman way, but also as someone who understands about football. The point above about taking his money as wages for poor performances will not be lost on him, and I would not be surprised if he is carrying out some performance reviews with the relevant parties. Whilst he isn't spouting platitudes to subdue the masses, I'll bet he is far from silent inside the club. When he has something constructive to say we'll get to hear from him.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 11:59:18 »

You mean AF give MM monthly appraisals in the canteen?  "And where do you see yourself in 5 years time Maurice?"
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 12:13:39 »

what point?

that they are happy clapper fair weather fans who dont actually support the team and will only turn up when we're winning....

People don't just become fans overnight DV. If we had an abundance of full-time, will support the club through thick and thin, fans already then the CG would have been full to the rafters when the new board arrived and we would have sold the season ticket allocation in the first couple of weeks.

But we didn't. In fact, we weren't even close.

I'm a Swindon fan because i remember the good games, great players and managers and know at some point we'll turn the corner and those sort of times will return. However, those people who were tempted in to becoming paying Swindon fans at the start of the season have had none of that yet.

If this season was my first season, i'd be thinking there must be better things to do with my weekends than watching the current shower of shit at the County Ground. And i'd be thinking about spending the second installment on doing other things, especially as nothing looks like changing with the current management and the attitude of the players playing for them.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 12:17:27 »

People don't just become fans overnight DV. If we had an abundance of full-time, will support the club through thick and thin, fans already then the CG would have been full to the rafters when the new board arrived and we would have sold the season ticket allocation in the first couple of weeks.

But we didn't. In fact, we weren't even close.

I'm a Swindon fan because i remember the good games, great players and managers and know at some point we'll turn the corner and those sort of times will return. However, those people who were tempted in to becoming paying Swindon fans at the start of the season have had none of that yet.

If this season was my first season, i'd be thinking there must be better things to do with my weekends than watching the current shower of shit at the County Ground. And i'd be thinking about spending the second installment on doing other things, especially as nothing looks like changing with the current management and the attitude of the players playing for them.

You're right.

Those are the type of people we need to get through the turn style and turn into fans in order for our fanbase to grow.

At this moment in time im on a real downer about our fans, rightly or wrongly.

The area I used to sit was very empty last season its full of new season ticket holders and some of the shit they come out with just makes me hang my head.

I'm sure Tails and STFC_Dave will concur about a certain bloke!
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 12:21:26 »

Also new fans must be made to feel welcome not called morons and threatened to be battered all the time.
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 12:25:52 »

I'm thinking stand segregation - not by price but by how long you've been a fan... you have to do your time in the Arkells, followed by the DR wings before you can have a season ticket in the DR middle blocks.

Town End for day tickets?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: