Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: fittons silence  (Read 11520 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 13:40:22 »

If Fitton did come out and back the manager what good would that do?

It would piss alot of people off and they wouldnt probably start calling for Fitton to sell up and take Malpas with him.

If anyone called for Fitton to sell up I'd have to fight to keep my pacifist tendencies

It's All Good..............
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #16 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 13:41:40 »

He needs to come out and back him or sack him, silence is not going to do any good because the fans have had enough of maurice.

If he stays silent i presume malpas is close to the sack especially if we lose on friday.

That's just the dreaded vote of confidence, even if AF meant it many fans would see it as MM is as good as gone.
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #17 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 13:43:27 »

I think other chairman would have sacked malpas by now, just my opinion, not a won a game all this month, terrible performances, 3 home defeats on the bounce, he should be given his marching orders but i still think fitton will give him another 4-5 games.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 13:43:52 »

Theres plenty of time,we just need a confidence boosting home win.

Im sure Fittons made noises before now about loyalty,continuity and looking at things over the long term.He also doesnt seem the type to worry about being unpopular or pandering to mass hysteria.

/
W56196272
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 13:43:58 »

If anyone called for Fitton to sell up I'd have to fight to keep my pacifist tendencies

Probably a bit of an over the top suggestion, but it wouldnt surprise me from some of our more how shall I say retarded fans.

The fans made their opinion clear yesterday. They want Malpas sacked, any statement backing him will be met negativly. So what would be the point
flammableBen

« Reply #20 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 13:58:36 »

I'd like to see some crazily cryptic statement so we can spend ages trying to understand it. Would be awesome. Maybe some sort of riddle?

Oh and the statement has to be made in the form of a song. With a dance to go with it.

Oh and late friday.

These are my demands people at STFC. Make them happen please.
Spencer_White

« Reply #21 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 14:07:17 »

Lets face it, any statement would probably be slagging the fans off, rather than Malpas.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #22 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 14:17:27 »

the bloke should say something publicly asap.he either needs to give the dreaded vote of confidence or get shot of malpas.say anything really, but he cannot just say nothing.it's hit a point where fans need to hear something from the board.

i expect the Adver will have something tomorrow
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 14:25:57 »

I'd like to see some crazily cryptic statement so we can spend ages trying to understand it. Would be awesome. Maybe some sort of riddle?

Oh and the statement has to be made in the form of a song. With a dance to go with it.

Oh and late friday.

These are my demands people at STFC. Make them happen please.

ace - would it be a dance like the Macerena? or more kind of interpritive dance?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 14:35:14 »

ace - would it be a dance like the Macerena? or more kind of interpritive dance?
Undecided on the need for a statement (don't see the point tbh) but if one is to be made I'd be firmly opposed to any kind of dance-related add-ons. We've got enough problems on the pitch without highlighting our booty-shaking deficiencies as well

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 15:10:45 »

can he stay silent with fans threatening to not pay for their season tickets?and generally fans fed up with the situation?
i think the reasons some of you have given not to speak are spot on and fair.but i just feel we need to hear something from him.
that said, if he's sticking with malpas then if i were him i'd stay silent too i think.
i guess i dont have a fucking clue really.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #26 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 15:16:13 »

Unless he has decided to sack Malpas then he's better off keeping quiet. Fans would read all manner of things into whatever statement he makes so he's better off saying nothing. That way he keeps his options open. At least all the talking and arguments are about off field activities. That alone should tell us how far this club has come in the last 12 months. We're all talking football again.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 15:18:33 »

Can you opt out of the second part of the season ticket....

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 15:19:41 »

people could cancel the payment via their bank if they wanted i'd guess.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 15:23:01 »

I don't think there is a need for a statement, Fitton & Watkins are not daft blokes, far from it when the time is right they will act, now is not the time for rash decisions.

Changing the manager for the sake of it does not do anyone any good, and I think Malpas should be allowed a little bit more time, Fitton has to be sure that changing Malpas is the right thing to do I suspect that Fitton will give Malpas time to try and turn things around, Malpas was Fitton's choice and I'm sure he will want to be seen as having given him a fair crack at the job.

I suspect that Malpas has a few games left yet though, I don't think anything will happen in the next few weeks that's for sure.

If a change is going to be made then Fitton needs to give the new man the opportunity to bring in his own people, yes it will cost money to pay up contracts but unfortunetly that is the nature of the beast, but a clearout of managment will be needed if Malpas ultimately fails.

You have to remember though that Fitton prides himself on being loyal and will not make a rash decision.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: