Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fitton Speaks - dreaded vote of confidence?  (Read 9645 times)
sonic youth

« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, October 1, 2008, 22:27:25 »

pm me the story and i'll try to do it. i won't be able to learn it off by heart though.

if you have a story about how change can be for the better, that'd be ace and more appropriate
flammableBen

« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, October 1, 2008, 22:37:41 »

pm me the story and i'll try to do it. i won't be able to learn it off by heart though.

if you have a story about how change can be for the better, that'd be ace and more appropriate

I had an idea for one about a lion cub who didn't listen to the fables the elder lion told him. Stuff about zebras and shit. Would you be interested in that if you were a lion cub? Probably not. Good stuff it is.

Change for the better is easy. Just Caterpillars and tadpoles and shit.
flammableBen

« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, October 1, 2008, 23:15:57 »

There was a beautiful young caterpillar named Elvis. Elvis grew up with all his brothers and sisters living on a delicious leafy bush. They had no worries in the world.

One day Elvis awoke to find his siblings munching away at leaves, this wasn't just normal breakfast munching, they were really going for it.

"Why are you eating so much?" asked Elvis, curiously.

"We need the extra energy to build cocoons, so we can turn into beautiful butterflies" replied Mary, who was the most outspoken of Elvis' many sisters.

Elvis decided that building a cocoon sounded like a lot of hard work, but he did enjoy eating, so he munched along with the rest of them. Elvis ate a lot, and soon fell asleep, full and content.

The next day, Elvis awoke to find himself all alone except for many cocoons hanging from empty branches all around him. Elvis wasn't used to being alone, and suddenly realised he missed all his brothers and sisters. He suddenly had nothing to do apart from eating. And eat he did. He kept munching and munching away at the leafy bush which had been his home for so long. Hour after hour, devouring leaf after leaf, only having breaks to sleep.

Elvis kept eating and sleeping and got bigger and bigger. Until eventually, he woke up one morning to find he'd devoured the entire leafy bush that he'd called home for so many years. He was so fat now that he could hardly move, he tried to waddle down the stem of the bush, so he could find a new home, but he only got halfway down before he fell asleep from exhaustion.

Elvis awakened to the noise of his brothers and sisters flapping around him, they'd turned into beautiful butterfly's.

"Why aren't you a butterfly, Elvis?" they asked him as they flapped around, trying out their new wings.

"I was happy living on the leafy bush," Elvis replied, "I didn't want to turn into a butterfly. Now I think I'm stuck here."

"Don't worry!" his siblings cried, "We'll use our wings to carry you to a new bush, where you can eat as much as you want and be the happiest caterpillar in the world."

And so Elvis's brothers and sisters tried there best to help carry Elvis to a new home, but he was too heavy and he died of starvation.
flammableBen

« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, October 1, 2008, 23:17:58 »

Writing fables is strangely satisfying. I wrote you a change one there if you get it before tomorrow Mr Youth.
Dazzza

« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, October 1, 2008, 23:19:55 »

Reminds me of the classic The Hungry Caterpillar

flammableBen

« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, October 1, 2008, 23:21:28 »

I sort of realised that halfway through, but couldn't remember what happens in The Hungry Caterpillar, so ploughed on regardless
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: