Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: next swindon manager  (Read 33774 times)
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 19:07:49 »

i think martin allen should die

Don't worry, he will.
cib

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 20:37:54 »

Dave Mitchell

I was trawling through this thread wondering if anyone would come up with him - ledge.

No to: Holloway, Ling, Bodin, Cotterill. But i can't offer an alternative as they would either be a sentimental appointment or too optimistic. We can't have optimists as town fans now can we?!
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #197 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 20:42:26 »

I would go for one of these Parkinson, Tisdale, Money, Waddock, Inglethorpe.
sonic youth

« Reply #198 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 20:45:07 »

i thought you said mooney for a second, my eyes nearly imploded
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 20:48:44 »

None of those names would stand a chance, not with our current mentalilty within some of the fans.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #200 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 20:53:35 »

See i dont mind managers using us as a stepping stone 9 times out of 10 that means they have done something right say we got a young ambitious manager who takes ur up i would like to think at long last we have a board who may just match his ambition
I was trawling through this thread wondering if anyone would come up with him - ledge. No to: Holloway, Ling, Bodin, Cotterill. But i can't offer an alternative as they would either be a sentimental appointment or too optimistic. We can't have optimists as town fans now can we?!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 13:05:00 »

I would like to see a young up and coming, you look at people like Roy Keane, Zola (ok, he's only had about 2 games) Darren Ferguson, Roberto Di Matteo, they are doing well so perhaps we should look at a pro who is either close to retirment or who has retured and got his coaching badges, yes we'd be used as a stepping stone but if we got sucess that it would pay off.

Sheringham, Speed, G Neville, Brian McClair, Dean Saunders etc etc

or we go down the tried and tested route

Newell, Parkinson, Cotterill, Curbishley etc

I'd like to see a young manager who has played at the highest level and will have contacts within the game and who will being in an expereinced No 2 to help him.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 13:05:58 »

Scott Leitch....

I think we should have a black manager for what its worth
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 13:16:18 »

I thought long and hard about this when I couldnt sleep last night and although I think there is very little, if any chance of it happening. I think the best manager for Swindon Town would be...

...Paul Trollope.

In his 3 full seasons in charge of Bristol Rovers he has improved their final league position. 12th in League Two, 6th in League Two and 16th in League One.

He has done well there, I think if we did go down this route we'd have to bring Lennie Lawrence in as well to be Director of Football as it works at Rovers. I know they obviously dont get as much media attention as Spurs and Newcastle but you never heard about Lawrence signing players Trollope doesnt want or the two falling out.

Only a little thing but watching the Rover/P'boro goalfest Lawrence was even sat in the dug out talking to Trollope. Not many DoFs do that.

Also, the fans might take to him because hes an ex-player in the loosest sense. He played 0 games here but he will be taken to, or at least given a chance because of his surename. John Trollope is a Swindon legend, no doubt about it.

Paul Trollope will be given time and a chance here by the fans on surename value but he isnt a proper Swindon legend himself like Ling or Calderwood who could potentially be put off coming here and ruining their legend status.

I also like the fact that he signs a few decent players and gets them to stay, didnt Rickie Lambert sign a new contract a few weeks back, he could easily do better than Rovers but he wants to stay there

Of course it wont happen because we dont take other peoples managers and he probably wouldnt want to come to Swindon and neither would Lawrence.

I will even over look the fact that Paul Trollope is fatburys mate!

Proven track record, proven progression each season, good coaching/off field set up, enough of a name to keep the fans happy.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 13:18:43 »

Scott Leitch....

I think we should have a black manager for what its worth

Dion Dublin wouldn't be a bad shout. Loads of contacts - seems to know what he's talking about. His old man's Showaddtwaddy past should not be held against him.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 13:30:48 »

That is a very good shout Dv
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 13:36:11 »

bollocks to trollope.

Agree with what DRS said, lets just get someone we can be fairly confident will do the business and worry about them fucking off to bigger and better things at a later date shall we?  At least we might have won a few games or even kept a clean sheet in the meantime.

Another thought might be combining that with getting the younger ex-top pro type as the assistant and grroming him to take over when the manager fucks off somewhere else after leading us into the champions league within 3 seasons
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 13:36:42 »

I too have thought about Paul Trollope. Not recently mind, but did when we were looking for a replacement when Sturrock left.

I very much like his style of play, he likes his teams to get it down and play good honest football. I also think they way he comes across in his interviews show he's a good man manager. And as DV said, he works very well with Lawrence in the DofF role.
the goat

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 13:51:47 »

calderwood will get sacked and fitton will move for him
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 14:58:40 »

calderwood will get sacked and fitton will move for him

And you think we can afford him and that he would move out of the CCC.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................sentiments a wonderful thing.

DV's is probably the best shout in this whole thread
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: