Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: next swindon manager  (Read 33724 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #150 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 10:31:55 »

Agree Ben total managment overhaul, someone hopefully with a bit of authority who is not afraid to crack the whip so to speak.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 10:32:00 »

Bodin's a no for me, did nothing at Bath.  Yesterday he strolls out a few minutes into the game, he couldn't give a fuck.  I'm really disappointed in Bodin recently, actually I'm really disappointed in most of the staff at the CG, they really don't care about the club.  If we score there's no reaction from the youth teamers, from Bodin, from the players sat in the exec area.  I'm not expecting them to go mad about the match, but a reaction would be nice.
dell boy

« Reply #152 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 10:32:12 »

If we're going to have change I think it's got to be proper change. The players clearly need a kick in the arse, appointing from inside would only give them a chance to continue to stagnate.
That is a fair point and I will have to agree with that, but who else would seriously want to come to Swindon if as I think will happen, Malpas will go and everyone else will be left standing. Experience managers like to bring their team with them.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 11:26:22 »

If we're going to have change I think it's got to be proper change. The players clearly need a kick in the arse, appointing from inside would only give them a chance to continue to stagnate.

Agreed.
RedLadyBucks

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 11:50:15 »

Excuse me while I moan for a bit.  The recent home performances have been dreadful and make me question why on earth I bother doing a 130 mile round trip to come and watch such crap.  The players seem to totally lack any desire to play and the midfield in non existent.  JPM is a waste of space 99% of the time. 
Wasn't happy about Malpas taking over in the first place, who the hell is he was my first thought.  But I thought give the guy a chance, just because he's not well known won't make him a useless manager.  However I am out of patience now, he seems to be lacking in ideas, contacts and doesn't seem to be able to motivate the players. The coaching staff around him don't seem much better.  If we let this go on too long then we will be in a relegation fight this season.

What about John Gregory for next manager???

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 12:25:50 »

Isnt he at Derby as assistant?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 12:33:26 »

Excuse me while I moan for a bit.  The recent home performances have been dreadful and make me question why on earth I bother doing a 130 mile round trip to come and watch such crap.  The players seem to totally lack any desire to play and the midfield in non existent.  JPM is a waste of space 99% of the time. 
Wasn't happy about Malpas taking over in the first place, who the hell is he was my first thought.  But I thought give the guy a chance, just because he's not well known won't make him a useless manager.  However I am out of patience now, he seems to be lacking in ideas, contacts and doesn't seem to be able to motivate the players. The coaching staff around him don't seem much better.  If we let this go on too long then we will be in a relegation fight this season.

What about John Gregory for next manager???

You made some good points.

However you completely fucked up at the end. John Gregory? FFS!!

It's All Good..............
sonic youth

« Reply #157 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 12:39:21 »

i don't think we should appoint a manager with less experience than malpas, so that rules out people like bodin.

whoever it is needs to have recent management experience in england (perhaps jockland at a stretch) with some sort of decent track record. they will also need to identify the backroom staff they want to work with and bring them in ASAP.

i've got faith that when fitton decides to act, he will do so swiftly
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 12:42:33 »

The problem is that any manager out of work will have failed in their last job.

The mongish minority will pick up on this.

We'd be better off with a high profile ex player who is taking his first steps into management, or an ex Town player.

I'd go with Ling. Done ok at Orient on limited resources.

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 12:47:32 »

Ling's a no for me, he hasn't done that well at Brisbane Road, his form second half of last season was was then MM's.  He also had a fair amount of money whilst in L2 and took ages to get them up.

Out of the people who are available I'd go for Holloway, just becase he's a half decent manager, and he's funny.  That'll do me, could careless if he's a gash head.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 12:48:30 »

I've decided I want Francis Benali in charge because he had an ace 'tache....
sonic youth

« Reply #161 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 12:51:04 »

sheringham!

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 12:52:40 »

no to ling, nijholt and holloway.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 12:55:12 »

So all we've done is shown that it's going to be very hard to appoint someone that will unite the fans.

I wouldn't want Holloway, or Niholt, or Bodin. DV makes a good point though, Benali did have an ace tache.......

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 12:56:43 »

go down the route that has brought us success in the past.an ex top player on the first rung of the managerial ladder.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: