Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: next swindon manager  (Read 33773 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 07:53:16 »

I honestly think that the only ways a manager will be accepted here is a) if hes proven at this level or b) an ex town player.

fatbury

« Reply #136 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 07:53:58 »

Apparently...but they've not actually done anything.  Waddock won a league, with slender resources available.....he also played for the Town, so all bases covered.

Daish and Kimble won the FA Trophy for Ebbsfleet last season - and would do a fantastic job here ..

they are 5th in conference at mo
broomfield

« Reply #137 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 09:11:01 »

I've skipped from page 1 to 10 so sorry if i'm repeating some thing that has already been said...

Notts Forest are bottom of the Champ so Colin Calderwood and Dave Kerskake are on a very sticky wicket.. prob even more so than Malpas.

If they get the boot, I for one would welcome them here as a team capable of uniting the team and supporters.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 09:27:43 »

Again skipping a few pages..
There were two options open to Fitton - a) bring in a proven manager to minimise risk of cocking it up, but knowing that it the manager would be off if successful, not to mention being expensive. b) try an unproven manager in the hope of stability building things slowly over time, with the risk of the man not being able to do it.

I have said it before and I wil say it again, I don't know which the best option is.

If Malpas doesn't succeed then it doesn't mean that ultimately approach b) won't work.  We may find the right man.

Then again, how can Fitton achieve what he wants to if people are 'turned off' going to games as we try and get the right man in (which may take time).

"Unfortunately" we all want success right now, not tomorrow. We don't take a step back and look at the facts that we have league 1 gates, league 1 facilities and probably a league 1 budget. And we are playing in league 1 on merit, and we don't have the resources to buy our way out.

I'm not saying we should stagnate here and be happy with our lot. Just that it takes time to change things, you can't do it overnight. But we don't afford the management the time to do it.

All this of course is irrelevant as to whether MM is the right man to move things on a level.

My opinion is IF we need a new manager at Christmas, I'd prefer an Ollie or Cotterill to another bigger gamble, even though I know it would just be a sticky plaster rather than a long term solution.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 09:41:37 »

hahaha this seems so much like the newcastle situation

Things get better but they never get good
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #140 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 09:44:57 »

How?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 09:46:34 »

Fans not liking a manager from the start and seemingly only pleased if a former player takes over

Things get better but they never get good
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #142 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 09:47:10 »

Then you have a point.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 10:10:14 »

I have said it before and I wil say it again, I don't know which the best option is.
I'm going to have that made up into a T-shirt, and adopt it as our family motto.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 10:13:10 »

Daish and Kimble won the FA Trophy for Ebbsfleet last season - and would do a fantastic job here ..

they are 5th in conference at mo

Dont be so fucking soft
dell boy

« Reply #145 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 10:16:18 »

I would take a chance with Paul Bodin and an experienced No. 2, get rid of all the present senior management team.
flammableBen

« Reply #146 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 10:17:54 »

I would take a chance with Paul Bodin and an experienced No. 2, get rid of all the present senior management team.

Did he manage Bath for a while or did I imagine that? How did he do?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #147 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 10:21:30 »

A bit shit
dell boy

« Reply #148 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 10:28:35 »

The upheavel to the players would not be dramatic if Bodin came in, the youth would realise they have a chance of gaining first team football, his playing day roots are mostly Swindon Town.
The more I think about it the more I believe he is the right choice, but only if he comes with the team he wants around him, they must get rid of the Bryne, and the other coaches to the first team.
flammableBen

« Reply #149 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 10:29:54 »

If we're going to have change I think it's got to be proper change. The players clearly need a kick in the arse, appointing from inside would only give them a chance to continue to stagnate.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: