Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Swindon V Millwall Matchday Thread.  (Read 27244 times)

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 20:21:44 »

i've backed aljofree this season but he aint playing well.
JPC82

« Reply #316 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 20:23:51 »

i've backed aljofree this season but he aint playing well.

no centre back has, Ifil made mistakes, Seans made mistakes, Kanyuka was rubbish and is always injured anyway
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #317 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 20:25:15 »

And they all played alongside him

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 20:27:58 »

no centre back has, Ifil made mistakes, Seans made mistakes, Kanyuka was rubbish and is always injured anyway

i know.
sonic youth

« Reply #319 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 20:41:22 »

nobody is going to get behind a team that has won only one game at home all season and don't look interested in fighting to turn it around.

nobody is going to get behind a manager that has won only one game at home all season and doesn't appear capable of getting the players to play for him and has an assistant that is basically the footballing equivalent of owning a pitbull terrier.

to be honest, our support would make very little difference.

the progress off the pitch is not being matched on the pitch and this is a concern. as much as i do like malpas and don't want to see him sacked, it's time for him and the entire management/coaching structure to be given the boot.

we need to clear out the dead wood in the team, get shot of those not interested in playing for us. if we have even one or two players in our first eleven who do not give their all, we are below par. if they are disruptive and vocal with regards to their unhappiness, it becomes poisonous and everyone's head drops. it looked today as though that had happened.

we need a structure similar to that which sturrock bought a long - experienced coaches to get the best out of players who are underperforming. a physio that is qualified wouldn't go amiss either if rumours are true.

i won't go to games and call for malpas' head. i don't see the point. fitton won't respond to those chants of frustration, he's a businessman and will act accordingly.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #320 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 20:44:16 »

nobody is going to get behind a team that has won only one game at home all season and don't look interested in fighting to turn it around.

nobody is going to get behind a manager that has won only one game at home all season and doesn't appear capable of getting the players to play for him and has an assistant that is basically the footballing equivalent of owning a pitbull terrier.

to be honest, our support would make very little difference.

the progress off the pitch is not being matched on the pitch and this is a concern. as much as i do like malpas and don't want to see him sacked, it's time for him and the entire management/coaching structure to be given the boot.

we need to clear out the dead wood in the team, get shot of those not interested in playing for us. if we have even one or two players in our first eleven who do not give their all, we are below par. if they are disruptive and vocal with regards to their unhappiness, it becomes poisonous and everyone's head drops. it looked today as though that had happened.

we need a structure similar to that which sturrock bought a long - experienced coaches to get the best out of players who are underperforming. a physio that is qualified wouldn't go amiss either if rumours are true.

i won't go to games and call for malpas' head. i don't see the point. fitton won't respond to those chants of frustration, he's a businessman and will act accordingly.

Good post. But who would you bring in? (probably best to answer in next swindon manager)

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 20:48:08 »

pit bulls are hard.byrne is like a chiwawa(i know its spelled wrong)alot of high pitched barking but is a feeble little twatty thing.
agree with your post sonic, and think eventually we will get what you wish.
fitton should see that his customers aint happy and the product is shit.therefore the manager should be out on his ear tomorrow.
sonic youth

« Reply #322 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 20:49:30 »

Good post. But who would you bring in? (probably best to answer in next swindon manager)

responded Wink

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:18:57 »

The relief is still there for me, even if we managed to get relegated (which I don't think will happen, malpas going or not)

Just doing my best to get the passion back myself. STFC will always be my team, but it's all seemed a little less important over the last few years. Absence makes the heart grow fonder for many, but for me the football is a bug that I'm struggling to get infected with again.

Back on topic, I'm in the see what happens group. If Malpas resigns; or Fitton pushes him; or both; or all three, then fair enough, on with the next manager. If not, then the growing negativity between fans, and against the team, is getting poisonous (to steal Spencer's word from another thread, 'tis a good decription). A new manager might solve the splits in the short term, I'm not sure it's the only issue though, especially with a fairly large spread of expectations we have amongst fans.

I suppose it can be all expected backlash when you consider how much the team has both over and underachieved in the last 20 or so years. You could throw a pin into a season over that time and end up with vastly different expectations for the team. Are there many other teams where you'd get such a huge variance?

And so onto the summary, if Malpas goes then he goes, if he doesn't then I won't be round the back of the Arkell's singing for him to go. I think that the negativity shown at the moment is more harmful than Malpas is as manager (results are results, but I don't think it's impossible for him to turn it around). And I think that surrendering completely to the negativity is a short term solution before other cracks in the support appear.

And after typing all that I've still got a nagging feeling about something, like I've missed something, or haven't convinced myself of something. Can't put my finger on it though.

My expectation - win more home matches than away, be organised with a game plan and finish midtable.................BELIEVE ME ,THAT IS NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK!

Clems Army!
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:46:53 »

I've sat up to 1.30am here to read all this and I'm struck by the sense written by some posters and the repetitious, non-constructive comments by one or two!

I'm also coming to the conclusion as a distant supporter relying on reports and comments from others that Maurice has lost the dressing room despite the bullshit/smokescreen given out by players "must try harder ... in it together" press interviews. As for fans, Maurice has not lost them since he never really had them in the first place. Generalising I know, but most were of the mind of let's see what he does even though he's not the "name" that we wanted and a large minority predetermined that he was crap at Motherwell so he will be crap at STFC. I even begin to suspect a conspiracy theory with some so called professional players giving indifferent performances to facilitate a change of manager.

If this is only fractionally correct then something drastic has to happen to regain control of the asylum from the lunatics.

Regrettably, I think it will be the inmates that persist until the arrival of someone strong enough to perform charismatic pre-frontal lobotomies.

I didn't want to lose Mo, but I think you ought to go.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #325 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:50:27 »

That rhymed
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:56:39 »

I'm a poet, and you didn't know it.
flammableBen

« Reply #327 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 01:50:56 »

My expectation - win more home matches than away, be organised with a game plan and finish midtable.................BELIEVE ME ,THAT IS NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK!

eh?
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 05:07:15 »

I only get to the odd game here and there so that was my first of the season.

Have to largely agree with DV on the fans. I gather it's been pretty vile bar the opening two games but the impression yesterday is there are just SO many people waiting to jump on the players when the slightest thing goes wrong is just overwhelming. I did wince at some of the stick that Morrison was getting round where I was sitting with the Donkey (Don Rogers stand block closest to away end) - yelling at a teenager is not the answer.

For what it's worth I think Millwall are not that bad a side at this level but we looked lightweight, sluggish (what off the ball movement by and large?) and the defending for the goals appeared horrible. For the first (at the end I was) J.Smith is caught out to start with - then a striker can get hold of a poor cross that is behind him, get loads of space in the penalty area and finish. Don't start me on set pieces either... Sad

When you see recurring themes that don't get better then you start to worry about the manager. I am not sure I have any real arguments to back him up other than he's Fitton's man, and given how much we owe him we have to keep some kind of faith with him as long as Fitton does. We have had Malpas in charge for less than a year...

I am afraid what last year proved was there are just about enough of us who care about the backroom stuff to prevent the club falling into oblivion, but the vast majority couldn't give a rat's arse about paying off debts, stability and other lovely things we appreciate if the team aren't winning. Unfortunately those are the short sighted chimps we need to get coughing up money for us to be able to field a competitive team.

Still, god bless Lewes eh (snickers uncontrollably)...

lardy

« Reply #329 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 08:25:51 »

I went to the game sunday as well, we were lucky with the goal we got jack smith meant to cross it into the box, so i was a bit of luck it went in.

The swindon team this time 3 years ago only had 7 points,that season we went down to league 2.
The team this year have got 8 points and its not good at all.

The team were playing better last year when the club was in debt, close to folding up and the players were not geting payed.

Now the club is debt free and we have a board who have an idea of what to do the players are just siting back thinking they got an easy life now.

Maybe the board should stop there pay for a week or 2, THEN THE PLAYERS MIGHT WAKE UP A BIT AND START PLAYING.

Or tell the players we are in debt again and gonna have points taken off us.
Maybe then the PLAYERS MIGHT HAVE A BIT OF FIGHT IN THEM.

Come on swindon time to WAKE UP ?
« Last Edit: Monday, September 29, 2008, 08:28:28 by lardy » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: