Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Malpas Out  (Read 30537 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #255 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:53:03 »

Does anybody sense a sort of "oh well, I'll try harder for the next manager" sort of attitude about the players? There's the rumours that he's not popular with players, is there any validity in the idea that several of them are just waiting for him to go?

Asking more than stating really. It's a thought that I had when I was thinking about our rather quick turnover of managers since King. The lack of a season with one manager since Parkin's last season is a worrying one. If that sort of thinking is happening, how could the next manager stop it?

Management stability has got to be a worry. It's by no means a reason to keep hold of a manager, but it's something which is going to affect subsequent managers more each time it keeps going on, if that makes sense.

urgh. I Think I made up some words.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:56:40 »

the way I see it Ben.

Our fans will only be happy with a name or a guy with a proven track record. Whilst they are all well and good short term they are the managers who will fuck off first chance they get.

Sturrock probably came here with the best track record and jumped at the chance to go back to Plymouth. Dennis Wise also had good stock and again couldnt have gone to Leeds faster.

Paul Ince did the same at Franchise and Macclesfield.

We need someone who will stay here for a good 3 years minimum. Will a proven manager do that, on recent form probably not.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:57:55 »

Does anybody sense a sort of "oh well, I'll try harder for the next manager" sort of attitude about the players? There's the rumours that he's not popular with players, is there any validity in the idea that several of them are just waiting for him to go?

Asking more than stating really. It's a thought that I had when I was thinking about our rather quick turnover of managers since King. The lack of a season with one manager since Parkin's last season is a worrying one. If that sort of thinking is happening, how could the next manager stop it?

Management stability has got to be a worry. It's by no means a reason to keep hold of a manager, but it's something which is going to affect subsequent managers more each time it keeps going on, if that makes sense.

urgh. I Think I made up some words.
Don't think you did, but you did make a really good point. That's one of many cogent sensible posts you've made today, what the hell's got into you? :-)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:00:11 »

Sturrock probably came here with the best track record and jumped at the chance to go back to Plymouth. Dennis Wise also had good stock and again couldnt have gone to Leeds faster.
Don't think either of those examples are fair on either manager - they were working in impossible circumstances at what was at the time a total basketcase masquerading as a football club. Any sane manager would have gone
Rich Pullen

« Reply #259 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:00:35 »

You'd think we'd got the message by now Colin Todd (Derby), Roy Evans (false promises), Dennis Wise (mighty Leeds), Paul Sturrock (Plymouth) - they maybe great names but as soon as the better offer comes along, they walk.

But here we are falling into that trap that we think that Malpas will be gone this week... When there's no suggestion thus far to prove this.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #260 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:05:20 »

They did not hang around because they were a success and we did not have the board to keep them imo
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #261 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:06:10 »

Malpas won't be gone this week, fitton won't have the balls to sack him in my opinion because he won't want to accept the fact that he made a mistake and got it wrong.

I can see fitton giving malpas plenty of time but i don't think it's right, cheltenham lost their manager after a few defeats so why does malpas escape the sack?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #262 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:06:59 »

They did not hang around because they were a success and we did not have the board to keep them imo

Maybe but Colin Todd and Paul Sturrock left for clubs they 'love' - didn't matter who was on the board.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #263 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:08:10 »

I can see fitton giving malpas plenty of time but i don't think it's right, cheltenham lost their manager after a few defeats so why does malpas escape the sack?

Rational thinking?

Bristol City's chairman stood by his manager when they went bottom of League One a few seasons ago.
dell boy

« Reply #264 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:08:42 »

You'd think we'd got the message by now Colin Todd (Derby), Roy Evans (false promises), Dennis Wise (mighty Leeds), Paul Sturrock (Plymouth) - they maybe great names but as soon as the better offer comes along, they walk.

But here we are falling into that trap that we think that Malpas will be gone this week... When there's no suggestion thus far to prove this.

There is no suggestion from the boardroom you are right, he hasn't even had the old vote of confidence but this present home form will have serious financial implications unless the total trash being served up at present does not improve and not just by results.

Something is seriously wrong at the playing level at present, even my cat could see that.

I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a statement within the next  week or so and Malpas has gone.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:09:19 »

They all left because they got better offers that furthered their careers. Can't blame them, though all the shit about 'lock in clauses' and 'contracts' was utter bollocks.
flammableBen

« Reply #266 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:10:13 »

Don't think you did, but you did make a really good point. That's one of many cogent sensible posts you've made today, what the hell's got into you? :-)

Cheers for posting that and not leaving it for the PM support group.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #267 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:10:30 »

They all left because they got better offers that furthered their careers. Can't blame them, though all the shit about 'lock in clauses' and 'contracts' was utter bollocks.

Exactly and what this club desperately needs is stability.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:12:56 »

Any manager with a proven track record who does well with us is likely to have other clubs come in for them.

So should we look for proven managers and plan as if they are only going to be here for a season and go for short term appointments.

dell boy

« Reply #269 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:15:09 »

Any manager with a proven track record who does well with us is likely to have other clubs come in for them.

So should we look for proven managers and plan as if they are only going to be here for a season and go for short term appointments.

I know where you are coming from on this and stability is very important. I would preferably be watching Division One football next season imo that will not be happening with the present management team.
Now I've said it, I don't normally have a go at Swindon managers, but this one, Malpas, enough is enough.
Rubbish would be too kind a word.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: