Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Malpas Out  (Read 30535 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #210 on: Friday, September 26, 2008, 20:02:06 »

Howard Kendall, Everton.

George Graham, Arsenal............

Naming two that I've already listed hardly spares your blushes Wink

Stan Cullis - Wolves.
« Last Edit: Friday, September 26, 2008, 20:04:01 by Rich Pullen » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Friday, September 26, 2008, 20:04:16 »

David O'Leary Leeds United....for a bit anyway!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Friday, September 26, 2008, 20:05:26 »

Naming two that I've already listed hardly spares your blushes Wink

Stan Cullis - Wolves.

I didn't read them all, I couldn't take the humiliation...........

It's All Good..............
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Friday, September 26, 2008, 20:07:51 »

Glenn Hoddle at Spurs.

Peter Reid at Everton.

Graham Souness at Liverpool.

Am I doing this right?

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Friday, September 26, 2008, 20:08:45 »

Steve Bruce Birmingham
Rich Pullen

« Reply #215 on: Friday, September 26, 2008, 20:12:12 »

Glenn Hoddle at Spurs.

Peter Reid at Everton.

Graham Souness at Liverpool.

Am I doing this right?

I think they have to have a level of success... In fairness Graeme Souness won the FA Cup with Liverpool.

But Peter Reid has never managed Everton.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Friday, September 26, 2008, 20:14:43 »

Hasn't he? Fucking hell, I'm quite shit at this game..............

Rich Pullen

« Reply #217 on: Friday, September 26, 2008, 20:18:10 »

Joe Harvey, Newcastle.

To be honest Herthab, when you made your original comment I thought you were talking about Swindon and Swindon only.

If I'm right, then you have a valid case - because Player-Managers shouldn't count Cheesy
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Friday, September 26, 2008, 20:23:48 »

I could bullshit now and say I was only talking about Swindon, but when I posted I honestly couldn't think of any that had played and managed at the same club successfully.

Obviously in hindsight I should have thought about it for more than two seconds........

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #219 on: Friday, September 26, 2008, 20:27:16 »

Dennis wise- millwall?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Friday, September 26, 2008, 20:28:01 »

Dennis Wise- Swindon?
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, September 27, 2008, 08:51:28 »

Fabio Capello with Roma, Juventus and Milan.

What a great manager he is, btw.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #222 on: Saturday, September 27, 2008, 09:18:55 »

Maurice Malpas will warn his players that one more home horror show could prompt Town fans to turn ugly.

Back-to-back County Ground losses to Colchester and Leeds, compounded by poor performances, pose a question about the team's ability to handle the added expectations on home soil.

Millwall arrive in Wiltshire tomorrow on the back of a four-match winning streak and the Lions will be confident of stretching that sequence, given Town's run on their own pitch.

Malpas knows a third straight loss would be difficult to stomach but when will the supporters' patience snap entirely?

"Probably after Sunday!" said the Town boss.

"You don't want to have too many games at home where you either play poorly or you get beaten because it affects the fans. The fans get disheartened - one or two don't turn up, one or two get critical. You get the snowball effect and everyone starts to jump on the bandwagon.

"I was golfing yesterday and there were two gents that play who have watched the club for 40 years. They were raving about a couple of the performances at the start of the season and they were disappointed at the Leeds performance.

"I think that's how everybody feels and it's up to us to go out on Sunday, banish the Leeds performance, put up the standard performance or better and get three points. It's all about winning and the players have to get that mentality.

"The last two home games have been disappointing. If we have any ambitions to do anything we have to make sure our home form is better.

"The players have been good in training this week, they're looking forward to the game - hopefully we get a good crowd and a good atmosphere and the fans get behind us - if we give them something to shout about."

The visitors' fine form will not force Malpas to go on the defensive tomorrow, with the Scot insisting the initiative remains with the home team.

He added: "We've had them (Millwall) watched two or three times. They've virtually had the same team, they've been fortunate enough to pick the same team and when you're winning it is easy to pick the same team.

"They've got a bit of confidence but it's about what we do on Sunday. We've got to put them under pressure and take the game to them. It's not prudent to sit back. There's more pressure on us to win."

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #223 on: Saturday, September 27, 2008, 09:47:34 »

To be honest a piss poor defeat and I'll start having my doubts.... Its still too early to get rid of him but....
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #224 on: Saturday, September 27, 2008, 10:03:44 »

To be honest a piss poor defeat and I'll start having my doubts.... Its still too early to get rid of him but....

Aye, but I thought about this after Leeds. If we're playing poorly for the next or 5 games after that and show no signs of improvement, we'll have to start thinking about who to bring in etc etc. One thing that didn't help Malpas was the fact he came in in January. If we were going to get rid, I'd want a new manager in by December.

I didn't go to the last game but we got a good result. I'm starting to think we've just lost our confidence at home. Hopefully a good display may raise the confidence and put us back on the right track. We haven't half been playing cack though.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: