Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Malpas Out  (Read 30713 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Thursday, September 25, 2008, 11:53:19 »

We could start guessing who else might be replacing MM based on the fact that they haven't been seen at the CG for some time, if ever, in a cunning ploy to keep their identity a secret!
That's a fantastic idea. I'm off to Billy Hills to slap a tenner on Mourinho only taking the Milan job as an in betweener until the Town job came up. Just look at the evidence:

1) Quit Chelsea around the same time as Sturrock jumped ship - coincidence? I think not!
2) As per wttra, has NEVER been seen at the CG so as not to spark rumours
3) Would be one of the few managers in world football that the thisis crew wouldn't be on his back from the first whistle. They'd give him at least three games
4) Some sort of tenuous Portugeezer tie-up I can't be arsed to think out properly.

The deal's as good as done. My only worry really is whether Mourinho would insist on bringing in his own coach driver.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Thursday, September 25, 2008, 12:08:47 »

aaaaand ... somebody has buried a piece of green kryptonite under the pitch. Bastards!

Is there any other colour kryptonite?

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Thursday, September 25, 2008, 12:18:47 »

Is there any other colour kryptonite?

Red, for those feng shui moments.

That's a fantastic idea. I'm off to Billy Hills to slap a tenner on Mourinho only taking the Milan job as an in betweener until the Town job came up. Just look at the evidence:

1) Quit Chelsea around the same time as Sturrock jumped ship - coincidence? I think not!
2) As per wttra, has NEVER been seen at the CG so as not to spark rumours
3) Would be one of the few managers in world football that the thisis crew wouldn't be on his back from the first whistle. They'd give him at least three games
4) Some sort of tenuous Portugeezer tie-up I can't be arsed to think out properly.

The deal's as good as done. My only worry really is whether Mourinho would insist on bringing in his own coach driver.

Mourinho out!

Sorry ..... I ... thought ........ I could .... fight it but .... once a thisisaholic, always a thisisaholic

lambourn red

« Reply #168 on: Thursday, September 25, 2008, 14:36:56 »

The guy is not giving up, I must admit he is a pretty good WUM

"To be brutally honest, I don't have a problem with disclosing this. I don't work for Andrew Fitton, he's a business partner of an old colleague of mine (that's who I kept hassling with regard AF investing in Town).

Those two are quite tight, hence the information. I've met AF a few times and appreciate how well respected he is in the business community but I have more loyalty towards the football club and its fans than I do to him individually. My colleague is a very old friend and wouldn't care much either I'm sure; they're all big boys. It's all good clean fun.

I gather the premise for the whole deal is that Plymouth are happy to let it happen. I presume they feel like they shouldn't have gone backwards to some romantic notion of rekindling the old Sturrock fires. They want to move forward towards a real go at the Premiership and, like many, believe that the Sturrock factor can only take you so far.

So if (when) Sturrock he comes back to Swindon they won't then have to pay out on his contract and Swindon aren't liable for tapping him up because everyone's in agreeance. Indeed, I'm constantly amazed at exactly how open these clubs, players and agents are with each other behind the scenes.

Anyway, them's the facts as I understand it. Do with them what you will. But it seems like a goer to all concerned and don't be surprised if it happens within weeks not months.

I'm assured of this. It will happen."
Rich Pullen

« Reply #169 on: Thursday, September 25, 2008, 14:41:46 »

The guy is not giving up, I must admit he is a pretty good WUM

"To be brutally honest, I don't have a problem with disclosing this. I don't work for Andrew Fitton, he's a business partner of an old colleague of mine (that's who I kept hassling with regard AF investing in Town).

Those two are quite tight, hence the information. I've met AF a few times and appreciate how well respected he is in the business community but I have more loyalty towards the football club and its fans than I do to him individually. My colleague is a very old friend and wouldn't care much either I'm sure; they're all big boys. It's all good clean fun.

I gather the premise for the whole deal is that Plymouth are happy to let it happen. I presume they feel like they shouldn't have gone backwards to some romantic notion of rekindling the old Sturrock fires. They want to move forward towards a real go at the Premiership and, like many, believe that the Sturrock factor can only take you so far.

So if (when) Sturrock he comes back to Swindon they won't then have to pay out on his contract and Swindon aren't liable for tapping him up because everyone's in agreeance. Indeed, I'm constantly amazed at exactly how open these clubs, players and agents are with each other behind the scenes.

Anyway, them's the facts as I understand it. Do with them what you will. But it seems like a goer to all concerned and don't be surprised if it happens within weeks not months.

I'm assured of this. It will happen."

Will-never-happen Cheesy
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Thursday, September 25, 2008, 14:43:02 »

I wouldn't really be that surprised to see him back, disappointed yes, but surprised no.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #171 on: Thursday, September 25, 2008, 14:43:43 »

I too have heard rumours from a Plymouth fan that they are not 100% happy with Sturrocks running of the club since his return and would willingly let him return to us, as it is common knowledge that AF and PS are very close.

IMO I just want what is best for the club for it to progress up the divison(s) if that means Sturrock returning then so be it, I dont mind either way.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #172 on: Thursday, September 25, 2008, 14:46:38 »

I wouldn't really be that surprised to see him back, disappointed yes, but surprised no.

I just never got the feeling that Sturrock was bothered at Swindon. He did his job to the best of his ability, sure - but it wasn't close to his experiences at Plymouth and Sheffield Wednesday. I doubt he'd repeat his error in Devon and return to Wiltshire.

Makes sense why Blair is saying he hopes to be wearing a Swindon shirt again this season Cheesy
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Thursday, September 25, 2008, 14:48:41 »

tbh would you be happy working for the last bunch?!

not one bit thank you

Rich Pullen

« Reply #174 on: Thursday, September 25, 2008, 14:51:56 »

tbh would you be happy working for the last bunch?!

not one bit thank you

No, of course not. But he chose to leave when the new era was beginning - he must deal with it. I wouldn't be keen on his return.

But this is all disrespectful towards MM like him or not. It is, in my opinion, a ridiculous rumour.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Thursday, September 25, 2008, 14:57:08 »

He chose to leave before the take over didnt he?

Things get better but they never get good
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Thursday, September 25, 2008, 14:57:36 »

i can't see sturrock returning either and nor do i think it would be a good move for us.

personally i haven't seen town this season with MM in charge so can't comment on performances.
but what i have noticed is how everyone says "we battered them but still lost" well in that case it's the players who need to take account of themselves. If we're battering teams then MM is doing something right.

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Thursday, September 25, 2008, 14:57:42 »

I think PS lost the Swindon feeling because of all the back ground shenanigans, ie the board stuff.  When he was here the fans were divided on the board in/out/orange campaign, never really got it the whole Town feeling.
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Thursday, September 25, 2008, 14:59:06 »

I can't see it happening at all.
But this person does seem very good at making up rumours.
Dazzza

« Reply #179 on: Thursday, September 25, 2008, 15:31:25 »

Wind up and a half.  I've just got off the phone to Sturrock's gardner and he mentioned he was planning for the long term and choosing his bulbs for spring/summer 2009 so it's all bollocks.  He's going nowhere making those sorts of decisions.

I should really go on the Adver with this and share the love as it's so shit hot off the press that my finger is still touching the colon and there's some lunch wedged under my thumbnail.

They (as in most of them) really are a bunch of short sighted fucking wankers on there.   If they're not slagging the man for every minor indiscretion he makes in his life then they’re doing the utmost to fuel the fires of discontent.

I’m almost starting to feel like poor Ben Wah Balls did when he defended Andy King through picking David Duke to paedophilia.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: