Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Malpas Out  (Read 30515 times)
dell boy

« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 20:45:38 »

a critism i have of Malpas is regarding they youth team. Under Sturrock he was forever checking with Dave who played best in the youth team every game and would reward them with being in the 1st team squad and it encourages them to play well to get a chance with the 1st team, using that method came through Tozer, Morrison & Joycey. Even under Andy King whenever the 1st team was at home Kingy would be watching the youth game in the morning, in which he brought through Caton & Jutkiewicz. Yet Malpas has no intrest, he doesnt speak to Bodin AT ALL!! Never watches the games and the kids have nothing to aim for, take Lloyd for example has scored 11 in 7 games i think it is from right midfield yet cant get on the bench for the reserves??

Not unusual for a first team manager not to watch the youth team, he relies on reports from the youth team manager. His job is to make sure the first team is ready for the next fixture. I'm sure if he received rave reports about this player and that, the manager would attend. That's the way professional football has always run.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 20:46:15 »

Malpas out
JPC82

« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 20:46:48 »

which is fair enough if he gets reports from Bodin, but he and Bodin dont get on, they dont talk, like i said in my post, wont acknowledge each other
JPC82

« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 20:47:01 »

Malpas out

haha fuck off you
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 20:47:08 »

Malpas out

Cheesy

ace.
dell boy

« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 20:50:02 »

which is fair enough if he gets reports from Bodin, but he and Bodin dont get on, they dont talk, like i said in my post, wont acknowledge each other
I find that extremely hard to believe, but of course you will probably know better. In lower league football your youth team is your lifes blood in the market to finance what really matters, your first team.
JPC82

« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 20:54:08 »

hence why ive highlighted this problem, under sturrock Tozer Joyce Morrison Macklin Kennedy all travelled to a few away games previous to making their 1st team debuts, it gives them good experience and to work hard to stay there. Malpas hasnt done this at all
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 21:01:37 »

If Fitton got Malpas in because he has a similar vision for the club, how does that tally with awarding half the youth team contracts?
dell boy

« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 21:04:12 »

If Fitton got Malpas in because he has a similar vision for the club, how does that tally with awarding half the youth team contracts?

Put that in your pipe and smoke it TCP!!
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 21:08:12 »

I wish I smoked a pipe. I do have slippers.
JPC82

« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 21:08:23 »

all the youth team players got contracts because of intrest from other clubs, if they are not on pro contracts they can leave for nothing, they havent got contracts beacause they are good enough to make it, Sam Morris and Jack Winter for example will not play for the 1st team ever
Rich Pullen

« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 21:09:20 »

Sam Morris and Jack Winter for example will not play for the 1st team ever

Not if the share your attitude on their ability Cheesy
JPC82

« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 21:14:50 »

take Callum Kennedy for instance, good player, always impressed when he played in pre season and in the JPT last season, yet we had Yinka injured, Vincent injured, then Malpas puts Jack Smith left back then puts Has left back, what message does that send to them? One of our brightest prospects cant get in the team when the 2 left backs are injured, then get a right back and a centre back played ahead of him, its fucking mind boggling
Rich Pullen

« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 21:15:39 »

I concur on Kennedy, I've heard good things about him.
dell boy

« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 21:16:23 »

take Callum Kennedy for instance, good player, always impressed when he played in pre season and in the JPT last season, yet we had Yinka injured, Vincent injured, then Malpas puts Jack Smith left back then puts Has left back, what message does that send to them? One of our brightest prospects cant get in the team when the 2 left backs are injured, then get a right back and a centre back played ahead of him, its fucking mind boggling

No, thats professional football
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: