Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Malpas Out  (Read 30533 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 12:13:06 »

Thats not my recolection of that game. We were shit for 80 minutes. Roberts comes on, plays like a man possessed. 10 minutes later, with the help of SSP and Fallon it was 3-2.

Roberts started on the win but was pushed up top for the last 15. It was then he totally humiliated Patrick Collins. Why we ever signed Collins on loan is one of those unanswered mysteries.

It may be early, but this looks a simmilar team. If we dont start showing our potential, then it will be the good players that leave next summer, not the shit ones.

I can sort of see where you are coming from, but I am positive our squad this season is a lot lot better than that squad.

I still beleive we will eventually 'click', laugh away.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 12:30:20 »

Ok so let's get rid of Malpas and then get a new manager in. Then won't we just have a repeat of last season? We'll be doing OK but not amazing (like we are at the moment) and then we'll get a new manager in and go downhill and flirt with relegation again only to pick up late on and be fine. But they'll need to build their own team again and bring in their own players and there will be a transition period and then in reality we would be back where we have been this summer. So making no progress on a 3-year plan. Totally pointless.

I look to the 02/03 season with King as a good example. We struggled like hell early on and then we finished 10th with a great run at the back end of Christmas. Then the season after we were a top 6 team that even flirted with the top 2 for periods. King had time to build a team. I know King wasn't the greatest of managers and i'd agree myself. But my point is that he had time and was given a bit of money on wages (people like Mooney and Howard were probably on a fair whack for our standards) and we did well. Malpas will have more resources that King did anyway. Let's keep faith in MM for now and keep the stability. If things do continue to be that bad at home and results are still not forthcoming then we'll have no option but to get rid but i think he needs a bit more time.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 12:32:36 »

Roberts started on the win but was pushed up top for the last 15. It was then he totally humiliated Patrick Collins. Why we ever signed Collins on loan is one of those unanswered mysteries.

Didnt Roberts start upfront then when we bought on Fallon we went 3 up top and Roberts was wide left of the 3 then transformed into Thierry Henry....
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 13:22:53 »

Didnt Roberts start upfront then when we bought on Fallon we went 3 up top and Roberts was wide left of the 3 then transformed into Thierry Henry....
Think you may be right. Couldn't believe how the last 10 minutes of that match were so different to what had gone before!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 14:04:59 »

You may be right. We definitely went 3 up front.
JPC82

« Reply #50 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 14:12:41 »

Take note Maurice, if you are losing u can go more than 2 up front
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 14:25:07 »

yeah and if he had done that yesterday and then we got hit on the counter and lost 2-1 we'd never heard the fucking end of it.
JPC82

« Reply #52 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 14:31:39 »

yeah and if he had done that yesterday and then we got hit on the counter and lost 2-1 we'd never heard the fucking end of it.

thinking of the Leeds game, against 10 men and losing, get a 3rd striker on
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 14:35:11 »

fair point.
sonic youth

« Reply #54 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 15:41:04 »

yeah that was puzzling against leeds.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #55 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 15:53:36 »

I am not going to comment incase i get labelled a ignorant arrogant mong
JPC82

« Reply #56 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 15:54:39 »

I am not going to comment incase i get labelled a ignorant arrogant mong

u can PM me your thoughts if you like because i already think u are a ignorant arrogant mong
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #57 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 15:55:51 »

Haha very good.
JPC82

« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 20:41:13 »

a critism i have of Malpas is regarding they youth team. Under Sturrock he was forever checking with Dave who played best in the youth team every game and would reward them with being in the 1st team squad and it encourages them to play well to get a chance with the 1st team, using that method came through Tozer, Morrison & Joycey. Even under Andy King whenever the 1st team was at home Kingy would be watching the youth game in the morning, in which he brought through Caton & Jutkiewicz. Yet Malpas has no intrest, he doesnt speak to Bodin AT ALL!! Never watches the games and the kids have nothing to aim for, take Lloyd for example has scored 11 in 7 games i think it is from right midfield yet cant get on the bench for the reserves??
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 20:43:23 »

If true, that is a worrying fact. I think that it may boil down to having a lot on his plate so far, hopefully he will adopt a similar strategy to his predecessors once he has settled in properly.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: