Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Malpas Out  (Read 30519 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 22:15:31 »

No way, getting promoted was brilliant.

I really enjoyed League Two, we won games, played different teams and got promoted but statistically its still a lower finish than last season & this season.

Enjoyable but shocking and piss poor that we were in League Two in the first place and we only finished 3rd.
Spencer_White

« Reply #31 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 22:24:33 »

I guess you are a stats man, and Im a 'fucking yes, get in' football man.

As for splashing the cash, I think weve already splashed plenty.

Dont splash anymore until we can get the best out of what weve already got. Admittedly the defence could do with an experienced bod.

But football really does become an expensive game when you buy players and dont get anywhere near youre moneys worth.

Coaching is the problem. We need a Mick Harford to come in, someone like that.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 23:15:21 »

As I said in a previous thread, a good manager will get the best out of shit players.

Anyhow, if we win next sat all this will be forgotten.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
STFC Village

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 23:27:09 »

I doubt it somehow
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 23:28:56 »

Some people just like moaning.

Actually im probably one of them.

/
W56196272
Spencer_White

« Reply #35 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 23:30:44 »

Some people just like moaning.

Actually im probably one of them.

Youve gone off Swindon altogether.

Which is the most damning verdict of them all. But you arent alone this season.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 23:34:06 »

. Coaching is the problem. We need a Mick Harford to come in, someone like that.

We aren't that desperate...must have been interesting for Mr Parkin to meet up with Mr Nicholas in today's big match at the Don Valley Stadium.

The match settled by one of our more obscure loan players... Alex Rhodes.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 23:39:46 »

To be honest ive gone off going to football partly because of money and partly because it just isnt as much fun as it used to be but thats my own fault for not really making much effort when I go.Ive become a "sit and watch and politely clap" type which is probably an ageing thing.I think to respark my interest I need to get really really tanked up and sit up by the away fans or something  Cheesy

It doesnt help when they keep changing playing days to days im working and alot of my mates dont seem to be bothered anymore.

/
W56196272
Spencer_White

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 09:02:26 »

Reg, when we signed Casal, Malpas said that we signed him because he was a very coachable player with great potential. But there is another very coachable defender with great potential already at Swindon - Jerel Ifil, and whats happening to him?

Yeovil, its all the same thing. Lads are loosing interest. Ive already said what I think of this 3 year plan thing, I dont think it really works in football. Certainly something you do behind the scenes with the youths, but not with the first team. If you dont take your chances in football they dont come back. Currently as I see it, we wont allow ourselves to get relegated (we'll get serious if relegation threatens), but we are not focused enough to get in the play offs either. I dont rate the mentality of our players at the moment.

Sorting out the defence should be the easier bit. Cant help we will look back in 2 years time and say, look at that team, Cox, Paynter, Corr, McNamee. What a waste of talent that was. This season reminds me a lot of 2004-05. Good attacking players, shit defence, frustrating because we had some good players but never did anything with them. It was stagnation.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 09:04:00 by Spencer_White » Logged
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 09:10:48 »

As I said in a previous thread, a good manager will get the best out of shit players.

Anyhow, if we win next sat all this will be forgotten.

For a week and then the doom mongers come out and say "told you so"  if we lose the week after...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #40 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 09:15:25 »

Lets face it though, when we lose we get absolutely stuffed in the worst possible fashion. I agree that those on Malpas's back from the off are total retards. However, I think after half a year it is fair to assess the management of the club.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 09:19:52 »

Spencer....who knows what goes on inside the Beasts head.

Last season he had a spell where he was taken out of the side and came back stronger afterwards...v Leeds his display of misplaced passing was stellar even by his own standards.

Strangely, though his threat on goal, which many, including myself, have said should be greater, has increased.

As for comparisons with 04/05, I'd say 7 games in is too early to tell.  I wouldn't mind a game like the Wendies that season...great atmosphere in the TE, when Fallon got the winner...but still a crowd of less than < 7,000.

Christian Roberts murdered them that night, exploiting the weakness on the right of their midfield....some bloke called  McGovern  Roll Eyes
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #42 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 09:22:34 »

McGovern is one of Sturrock's most awful signings imo. I'm sorry for Malpas that we're stuck with him.
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 09:27:39 »

Correct, no co-incidence that its all been downhil since that season as well!

A whole season with a sh*t manager won't make it a good season.
Spencer_White

« Reply #44 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 09:40:13 »

As for comparisons with 04/05, I'd say 7 games in is too early to tell.  I wouldn't mind a game like the Wendies that season...great atmosphere in the TE, when Fallon got the winner...but still a crowd of less than < 7,000.

Christian Roberts murdered them that night, exploiting the weakness on the right of their midfield....some bloke called  McGovern  Roll Eyes

Thats not my recolection of that game. We were shit for 80 minutes. Roberts comes on, plays like a man possessed. 10 minutes later, with the help of SSP and Fallon it was 3-2.

Much better was the 4-1 Cup demolition of Wednesday a few weeks later. Then we bashed Hull as well. It was all set up. But the defence kept fucking things up. Walsall 2 nil up, 3-2 down. Torquay 3-3 draw, same at Stockport after being 3-0 up. By new year we couldnt beat Torquay away either, going out to LDV Southend was the last straw. Game over. It lead to a lot of bad feeling and a lot of players wanted to leave.

We had some good players, but we werent building. By missing our chance we were storing up problems.

It may be early, but this looks a simmilar team. If we dont start showing our potential, then it will be the good players that leave next summer, not the shit ones.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 09:47:13 by Spencer_White » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: